Apple fitness head Jay Blahnik hosts talks at Apple Stores in Australia, China, Japan

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited June 2015
Apples's director of Fitness and Health Technologies, Jay Blahnik, is currently touring Apple Stores in Australia, China and Japan to host a series of talks, reports said on Monday.

Blahnik's first stop was the Sydney Apple Store on Saturday, where he spoke with personal trainer Michelle Bridges, MacRumors noted. On Monday, he arrived at the Omotesando Apple Store in Tokyo for a session with technology journalist Nobi Hayashi, according to Macotakara.

The most high-profile event is coming up on June 3, when Blahnik will sit with actor Donnie Yen at the China Central Mall Apple Store in Beijing. Yen is famous for starring in action movies such as Ip Man, Hero, and Iron Monkey.

The theme of the events is a combination of fitness and technology. Indirectly, at least, they are a way of promoting the Apple Watch, which has motion and heart rate sensors used to track exercise and encourage physical activity.

Blahnik was first hired by Apple in 2013 with the Watch in mind. Previously he was heavily involved in consulting work with Nike, brought in for projects like the FuelBand and Nike+ Running. At Apple he has access to a special fitness lab, which was created to test the Watch under practical conditions such as running, yoga, and different climates.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member

Oh thank god. I was worried that the fact that Manny Mamomo could now get his extra watch band within 3 -5 days was the only big news for the day.

• Reply 2 of 2
    Jay Blahnik speaks to a group of Japanese, huh. I'll bet not one of them can say his name correctly...
    or should I say, collectry...