Apple announces WWDC 2015 keynote live stream for Apple TV

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited June 2015
As expected, Apple on Monday updated its Events channel on Apple TV, announcing users of the set-top streamer will have access to a live stream of the upcoming WWDC 2015 keynote presentation.

According to the Apple Events channel, the Worldwide Developers Conference live stream is to begin promptly at 10 a.m. Pacific on June 8 and will be available for viewing on second- and third-generation Apple TVs. The company is also expected to provide a feed on its website, though the events page that usually hosts the stream has yet to be updated.

Following the keynote, developers can view various live sessions throughout WWDC via Apple's Developer portal and official WWDC 2015 app. Further, Apple Watch owners will be able to access session schedules and lab location details from their wrist thanks to a companion app.

Apple is expected to reveal a number of products at WWDC, including iOS 9 and OS X 10.11, new Apple TV hardware with touchscreen remote and a subscription streaming music service. Also said to be in the works is an over-the-top Web-based television service, though a report earlier today said the service is unlikely to debut next week due to ongoing negotiations.

AppleInsider will be offering live on-the-scene coverage of the event which runs from Monday through Friday.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member
    I wonder why Apple doesn't leave the channel available on my AppleTV year round...?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    libertyforalllibertyforall Posts: 1,418member

How about adding SyFy to ATV Apple?!  While your at it, add Amazon and FOX News.  Thanks!  ;)

• Reply 3 of 12
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member

Brushing up on my Mandarin now.

;)

• Reply 4 of 12
    zabazaba Posts: 226member
    john.b wrote: »
    Brushing up on my Mandarin now.

;)
    Ha ha. Brilliant!
  • Reply 5 of 12
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member

Keynote streamed to Apple TV while not a single word uttered about Apple TV.

How ironic.

• Reply 6 of 12
    carmissimocarmissimo Posts: 837member
    Is it 10 am Pacific or Eastern?

The article says Pacific but the graphic shows 7 am Pacific which, of course, is 10 am Eastern.

I have to assume it's 10 am Pacific because dragging WWDC participants out of bed early enough for a 7 am start is unlikely.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    carmissimo wrote: »
    Is it 10 am Pacific or Eastern?

The article says Pacific but the graphic shows 7 am Pacific which, of course, is 10 am Eastern.

I have to assume it's 10 am Pacific because dragging WWDC participants out of bed early enough for a 7 am start is unlikely.

Definitely Pacific. 1 PM on the east coast.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    mhollinsmhollins Posts: 10member

The picture must be from someone in Hawaii.

• Reply 9 of 12
    drhamaddrhamad Posts: 34member
    Events page has been updated to confirm website live stream.

http://www.apple.com/live/
  • Reply 10 of 12
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    msantti wrote: »
    Keynote streamed to Apple TV while not a single word uttered about Apple TV.

How ironic.

how do you know? have they released the set list?
  • Reply 11 of 12
    mhollinsmhollins Posts: 10member

"The epicenter of change."  So maybe "San Andreas" for the next OSX name?

• Reply 12 of 12
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,063member

Do you need a cable subscription package that includes the Apple Channel to log in and see it on the Apple TV?