Shipping times for 38MM Apple Watches improve to 5-7 business days ahead of retail debut

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32

Well you all have made me feel completely unwelcome. You win. I'm out. I don't even want to seem like one of you assholes.

• Reply 22 of 32
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member

Well you all have made me feel completely unwelcome. You win. I'm out. I don't even want to seem like one of you assholes.

sorry dude, but when you come out real aggressive toward a product & company i happen to really enjoy, and make what i consider invalid, emotional claims, i feel a need to point out that those things really arent true.

did you read the Carle Howe essay i linked? it's a really fascinating look at what launching this product entailed, and why it cant be considered a failure at all.

check it out.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    Go on Nola, please keep insulting me. Its gotta make you feel better.

how have i insulted you, specifically?
  • Reply 24 of 32
    schlackschlack Posts: 720member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by theallmaniac View Post

Just in case anybody hasn't figured this out already, the whole ordering process is a racket.

I hope all the pop culture "icons" get theirs to keep building hype. Such a sorry move on Apple's part. Once I saw Beyonce and Pharrell with them, I kinda wanted to cancel.

Now I'm thinking about pulling the plug altogether because they can't ship them in the order received.

I'm afraid its going to be just as disappointing upon arrival since the wait has gone on so long. It can hardly live up to the hype at this point.

why does marketing via celebs bother you? thought it was a smart move on apple's part. it's not like they're paying them to fake like their products. they probably aren't paying them at all. just offering them the device and asking them to wear it. amazing return on apple's investment.

• Reply 25 of 32
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,009member
    Finally fed up enough to cancel both watches. Failed launch. Totally disappointed and afraid I can't be positive about the hardware at this point.

Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh..

Putting aside your trolling, what does your impatience have to do with determining you can't be positive about hardware you haven't experienced yet?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh...
  • Reply 26 of 32
    Does anyone know how to deactivate an account? I tried to express my concerns and everyone just wants to hate. I'm sorry. I'm trying to go away. I wasn't trying to be a troll, just expressing my point of view and concerns about the launch. I will never post here again. Nothing I say leases anyone here. I'll never return, but if someone could help me deactivate the account, please let me know.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    I was surprised to see that one of two of my watches (the classic band shipped but the black sport band is still 9-11 business days) I have on order shipped %uD83D%uDE00 today!
  • Reply 28 of 32
    tobiwantobiwan Posts: 73member
    My wife's 38 mm Apple Watch Sport with pink band says it'll ship in 1-2 weeks but if I buy one today it'll ship in 5-7 business days... "Everyone come get in line in front of me! I've only been waiting since the beginning of May."

The ship times don't update as quickly. I had three watches ship 2-3 weeks earlier than it says on my order.

I just had an order ship today that I didn't place until 4 days after launch when payment cleared on the one I got on launch day. It wasn't supposed to ship until end of June.

Apple almost always says longer than actual ship times. People that ordered after you aren't going to ship sooner. That is ridiculous.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    tobiwantobiwan Posts: 73member
    nolamacguy wrote: »
    so did one of ours, but heres the thing -- they shipped it weeks early than listed. the time between the status update and delivery was 48 hours. so id bet yours would have showed up anyway even if you hadnt canceled.

Exactly. Orders ship early. That is why I keep selling my watch when I get it. I know another one is coming much quicker than they are saying.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member

I'm glad you have this all under control NolaMacGuy. Please tell me what else I'm doing wrong in my life. 

Get help for your celebrity watch envy, for starters. It has nothing to do with why you don't have yours yet. :smokey:
  • Reply 31 of 32
    therfmantherfman Posts: 52member
    In Canada, the 38mm have been 1-2 weeks for a while, but shipping quicker. I ordered a 38mm Sport with green band on the 14th, and received it within 3 business days.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    warchwarch Posts: 1member
    Ordered mine Sunday May 31st and it was delivered yesterday June 3rd. I'm in California but it shipped from (at least is showed it shipping from) the east coast. Had it for almost a day before Apple sent an email offering personal setup. Bought 38mm stainless steel, black sport band. I've had it on all day and battery is only down to 59%. 15 hours. Fun and comfortable and thankfully I have small wrists so the 42mm was too big for me.