Jobs.. madman or genius

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Has Uncle Steeve still got what it takes or should apple send him away for another 5 yrs to formulate another insanely great idea such as the macintosh or the imac ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    I vote mad genius.

Wait, I change my vote to Gene Madman, it has what the French call "that certain I don't know what".

D

[ 07-12-2002: Message edited by: drewprops ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 5
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Neither.

A genius usually requires greatness in innovative thinking and groundbreaking ideas.

(Steve's got insight but no great vision)

A madman is simply has no direction or sense of what's going on. (Steve has a plan...most of the time, when his ego doesn't get the worst of him)

Steve is simply a great salesman and motivational speaker. He's got charisma and an eye for detail and design. He's okay in my book...better him than Amelio, Sculley and Schinler(?) put together. And certainly better than that dork Michael Dell.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    cablecable Posts: 76member
    Insanely Great or Greatly Insane?

I think Steve does as much good as he does bad. His ego usually gets in the way of doing good all the time.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    Not or, and.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I think he's mellowed out since he was last at Apple. He got the humiliation he needed with NeXT, and learned from his mistakes.

Still, if I worked at Apple, I'd forever dread sharing an elevator with Steve Jobs!

Oh, and I vote for mostly Mad, somewhat Genius.

I think Jobs' true talent is recognizing good ideas, and surrounding himself with geniuses. Jobs may come up with basic design themes, but the devil is in the details.