Tim Cook hints Apple retail chief Angela Ahrendts could take stage today at WWDC

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 76
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by melgross View Post

So you think that Apple has no woman that should be up there, that it's only competent men at Apple?

Talk about bullshit!

So you think that Apple is purposely passing over MORE qualified women for these presentations, and handing over the job to men instead? Or that they're purposely stifling women for an agenda? I trust that Apple will choose the most RELEVANT person for any particular presentation, be it woman or man, as they've always done. 

• Reply 62 of 76
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    sog35 wrote: »
    google is selling your photos.  thats what they do.

No they're not. Could they in the future? I suppose but it would harm them much more than it would be beneficial to them.
  • Reply 63 of 76
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    penchanted wrote: »

That's not what they do. But their terms of service for their photo app leave that open as a possibility in the future.
    Actually it doesn't as their help pages make clear.
    https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?hl=en

Your photos are private.

The TOS would have to change for that to happen as will the advice Google offers concerning it. Remember the help pages is what got Google in hot water over the Safari issue. It wasn't bypassing settings but rather the help page that advised Safari users on how to avoid it. They are legally binding.
  • Reply 64 of 76
    penchantedpenchanted Posts: 1,070member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Actually it doesn't as their help pages make clear.

https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?hl=en

Your photos are private.

The TOS would have to change for that to happen as will the advice Google offers concerning it. Remember the help pages is what got Google in hot water over the Safari issue. It wasn't bypassing settings but rather the help page that advised Safari users on how to avoid it. They are legally binding.

Their help pages mean jack squat legally. All that matters is their TOS where you grant Google a perpetual license to any photos you upload. I don't think Google will do anything untoward with people's photos but the perpetual license gives them a legal position to do so if they so choose in the future.

• Reply 65 of 76
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Perhaps Cook hired Caitlyn Jenner.
  • Reply 66 of 76
    peterjh3 wrote: »
    I'm over this woman and her less-than-stellar efforts to "enhance the shopping experience" for Apple Watch's launch via the Apple Store online which resulted in ridiculous wait times and thus my plummeting interest and enthusiasm about Apple Watch.

Because no Apple product launch ever had delays/wait times. Oh wait.
  • Reply 67 of 76
    penchanted wrote: »

Their help pages mean jack squat legally. All that matters is their TOS where you grant Google a perpetual license to any photos you upload. I don't think Google will do anything untoward with people's photos but the perpetual license gives them a legal position to do so if they so choose in the future.
    You're mistaken. The help pages are what the FTC brought action against Google for, not the TOS.

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2012/08/google-will-pay-225-million-settle-ftc-charges-it-misrepresented

Anyway the issue is better discussed in a different thread anyway. Google Photos should not became the topic here.
  • Reply 68 of 76
    sog35 wrote: »
    Google can change the TOS at anytime for any reason.

Don't be so gulliable.
    Of course they can, just as every other company does. When they do I've no doubt we'll all be aware of it. They'll be raked over the coals by everyone including me if it allows them to use my private photos for anything I didn't expressly given them permission for when I uploaded them.

So back to Apple. Any word on presenters yet?
  • Reply 69 of 76
    jessijessi Posts: 302member
    If they have a major new store initiative, this would be a perfect time to put her on stage...

given her role, she's going to be on stage during WWDC or during a major product announcement... and to be honest I expect she's probably going to really kick butt on stage.

She's not a nerd and I think she'll have great presence.
  • Reply 70 of 76
    dereksonderekson Posts: 30member

Her delivery is awful. She's wooden and doesn't seem authentic or interested in what she's demoing at all. Plus she's stumbling over a bunch of words.

• Reply 71 of 76
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    derekson wrote: »
    Her delivery is awful. She's wooden and doesn't seem authentic or interested in what she's demoing at all. Plus she's stumbling over a bunch of words.

Angela Ahrendts isn't a great presenter but the women they had presenting did a great job. It's nice to see some of the other faces that work at Apple. They've probably stuck to the same execs in the past because the hardware and software being shown off weren't from departments that were headed up by other employees but moving into new areas like Apple Pay allows different staff to come forward.

I thought the whole event was one of the best they've ever done. Everybody in the presentation was upbeat and had something interesting to show off. Federighi is doing a great job on stage. I think Kevin Lynch might have been to see Federighi's hairdresser too, he's sporting a neat little crop now.

Apple Music and Beats will let them shake up their September events a bit and Iovine can arrange for popular artists to take part in the event.
  • Reply 72 of 76
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

I knew this rumor was completely bogus.

• Reply 73 of 76
    I knew this rumor was completely bogus.

Cue the "rumors were right and Cook changed it up to spite people" posts.
  • Reply 74 of 76
    Glad to have Apple iOS 9's features , but Google now still looks better. http://goo.gl/w8Dvwy
  • Reply 75 of 76
    gregqgregq Posts: 62member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

I'm sorry but Peter Lynch is not a good front man to sell a watch that is about style.

Not sure about him being good regarding watch style, but in respect to the Watchkit SDK today I though he was a friendly presence up there.