Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post

"I used to be an Android user until I took an arrow in the brainpan."

a man who's been through hell and back

PS: How was it

• Reply 22 of 32
    geekygeeky Posts: 10member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltsfan17 View Post

I just tried this and it wont work. I keep getting the message "your Andorid software is out of date". Weird because I just bought my galaxy phone a few weeks ago. 

what galaxy phone did you get, if you got one of the older one's for cheap here's all i have to say to you, WELL THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM.

also works for buying from samsung in the first place (what do you expect)

• Reply 23 of 32
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Hmm, maybe I'm wrong. Admittedly I'm not very familiar with the apps/services you and sir lance are mentioning. Are they similar in the scope of information they can transfer relative to Apple's option?

Edit: Just caught your edit. Good one ;)
    http://thenextweb.com/apps/2014/01/22/iphone-owners-can-now-transfer-icloud-data-motorola-device-directly-migrate-app/
  • Reply 24 of 32
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    Could have done with this app 2 months ago when the GF admitted she'd rather have an iPhone than her Samsung S4 mini.
    I could not have bought her that iPhone fast enough. I was glad to convert her.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    boltsfan17 wrote: »
    I just tried this and it wont work. I keep getting the message "your Andorid software is out of date". Weird because I just bought my galaxy phone a few weeks ago. 

This is my point, their is no common version of Andriod every hardware Manufacturer has basterized the core version so doing this is extremely complicated. I could not even do this with Andriod tools which do the same thing when switching between Andriod phones even between the same manufacturer.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member

Hmm, maybe I'm wrong. Admittedly I'm not very familiar with the apps/services you and sir lance are mentioning. Are they similar in the scope of information they can transfer relative to Apple's option?

Edit: Just caught your edit. Good one ;)

Yes, everything you want can come out of the iOS device. Everything. Even to the point of apps, notes, calendar, music,contacts, pictures and videos. Literally everything.
    maestro64 wrote: »
    This is my point, their is no common version of Andriod every hardware Manufacturer has basterized the core version so doing this is extremely complicated. I could not even do this with Andriod tools which do the same thing when switching between Andriod phones even between the same manufacturer.

Once again, I'm not trying to start anything but you can easily do all that with any Samsung device. They built an app a long time ago to be able to switch from a iOS or Android to the Samsung and bring over everything with just a push of a button.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    sirlance99 wrote: »
    I'm not trying to start anything but you can easily do all that with any Samsung device. They built an app a long time ago to be able to switch from a iOS or Android to the Samsung and bring over everything with just a push of a button.

Yeah is easy to go from iOS to any andriod platform since Apple is it own standard. But I will tell you converting from say a Motorola Andriod to any phone even another Motorola is difficult at best to transferring everything, yeah contacts and such is easy if you are using Google email and contacts to your syncing to Outlook. But transferring music and photo is hard, since the Motorola locks those items to the phone they will not allow them to be easily copied out. And do not even think af copying save games or game status or App preferences and setting. Every new Motorola phone you have to start your games over again and set up apps with login information and such. I know this because I dealt with it every time I changed phones. This is one thing Android never really fixed, if the information can not be stored on a google server somewhere it can not be transfer to another device. Apple solved this problem day one with the backup to the mac and now backup to the icloud,change the phone and 20 minutes later you completely set up as nothing changed. Have done this more time than I can count on my kids and wifes iphones.

Google has attempted to make this as easy as Apple but the hardware manufacturers have complicated this all.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    maestro64 wrote: »
    Yeah is easy to go from iOS to any andriod platform since Apple is it own standard. But I will tell you converting from say a Motorola Andriod to any phone even another Motorola is difficult at best to transferring everything, yeah contacts and such is easy if you are using Google email and contacts to your syncing to Outlook. But transferring music and photo is hard, since the Motorola locks those items to the phone they will not allow them to be easily copied out. And do not even think af copying save games or game status or App preferences and setting. Every new Motorola phone you have to start your games over again and set up apps with login information and such. I know this because I dealt with it every time I changed phones. This is one thing Android never really fixed, if the information can not be stored on a google server somewhere it can not be transfer to another device. Apple solved this problem day one with the backup to the mac and now backup to the icloud,change the phone and 20 minutes later you completely set up as nothing changed. Have done this more time than I can count on my kids and wifes iphones.

Google has attempted to make this as easy as Apple but the hardware manufacturers have complicated this all.

I agree that it way easier on a Apple device than any other system.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SirLance99 View Post

Ok, not to start a war but this is just a ignorant comment. Of course you can get anything you want out of an iPhone just as easily and have been able to for over a year now.

http://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/

Well, turns out you're right. That was an ignorant comment. Haha

Generally not a fan of your posts, but I do appreciate the correction. 

• Reply 30 of 32

Well, turns out you're right. That was an ignorant comment. Haha

Generally not a fan of your posts, but I do appreciate the correction. 

I seriously wasn't trying to be offensive to you at all. I meant the use of the word in the proper context. This is why I come here often, to learn things I don't know. You're a good person and you have a fantastic day.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SirLance99 View Post

I seriously wasn't trying to be offensive to you at all. I meant the use of the word in the proper context. This is why I come here often, to learn things I don't know. You're a good person and you have a fantastic day.

Maybe my reply wasn't very clear. I wasn't offended by your post: 1) I didn't sense that you were being vindictive, and 2) Calling my post ignorant was in fact very accurate. I'm a fan of the truth, even (especially) when I'm wrong.

Cheers :)

• Reply 32 of 32
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Well you're both wrong. You can't transfer everything from an iPhone to Android because of the sandboxing of apps. You can transfer non DRM music and videos, contacts and photos. Not wallpaper, apps, or documents. android can transfer more to the iPhone.

Edit : although apparently they are using a Mac to read the iTunes database.