How do I ship a computer overseas?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone done this? Did you go air freight? Sea freight? I have a LCD iMac with the original packaging. I'm worried about the computer being thrown around in the air freight (I've seen how they handle my bags at the airport). I realize that my iMac was probably shipped by air from Taiwan in March, but would it haved received special handling or just regular air freight handling? Thanks for any ideas.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by gobble gobble:

<strong>Anyone done this? Did you go air freight? Sea freight? I have a LCD iMac with the original packaging. I'm worried about the computer being thrown around in the air freight (I've seen how they handle my bags at the airport). I realize that my iMac was probably shipped by air from Taiwan in March, but would it haved received special handling or just regular air freight handling? Thanks for any ideas.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I was thinking about shipping an iMac to Britain.

I looked in to how much it would cost. (About $200)

I looked in to how good handling it would get. (Think "trained gorillas in a room full of melons".)

I sold the iMac and bought a PowerBook instead.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    yurin8oryurin8or Posts: 120member
    just make sure you insure it too its replacement value. simply as that.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ummm... try a boat or plane... that's what most people do...

srry... that's pretty harsh, but I know people who do it all the time... MacConnection or MacMall or something will ship to most oversees countries for a little $$