Pop band Walk the Moon to play 2015 WWDC Bash

Posted:
in General Discussion edited June 2015
Apple on Wednesday announced that pop rock band Walk the Moon will be playing at its annual WWDC Bash, this year scheduled for 6 p.m. Pacific on Thursday, June 11.

The event is taking place at Yerba Buena Gardens and is open to any WWDC attendee age 18 or older. The Walk the Moon song "Shut Up and Dance" was played during Monday's Apple Music announcement -- as a part of the Bash promotion, Apple is also giving attendees two free songs by the band.

The Bash presents developers with an opportunity to socialize and have fun during a conference mostly dedicated to learning design and programming for Apple products. Past performances have included acts like Bastille and Vampire Weekend, who have also been go-tos in Apple marketing.

WWDC 2015 began with Monday's keynote event. Labs and development sessions will continue until the very end of the conference, scheduled for 5 p.m. on Friday.

Other announcements during the keynote included OS X El Capitan, iOS 9, and watchOS 2.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    I'm surprised that Apple bashing isn't the exclusive domain of the trolls.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Cue the genre haters who'll complain about Apple having this band perform.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    I'm surprised that Apple bashing isn't the exclusive domain of the trolls.

They should have a bonfire of Android mascots.
  • Reply 4 of 10

Hopefully part of the band's remuneration for playing the gig will be gold Edition Apple Watches :)

• Reply 5 of 10
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Steve Jobs would never...
  • Reply 6 of 10
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Never heard of 'em. Popular with the kids?

• Reply 7 of 10
    celcocelco Posts: 211member

It cant be any worse than last year's one hit wonder Bastille... Again Tim Cook said they were huge.. Never been to a more awkward gig in my life. 100 people on the lawn at yerba more interested in their phones and free food...

• Reply 8 of 10
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Celco View Post

It cant be any worse than last year's one hit wonder Bastille... Again Tim Cook said they were huge.. Never been to a more awkward gig in my life. 100 people on the lawn at yerba more interested in their phones and free food...

Their hit is currently in the top 4 and still climbing on the Billboard chart, hard to be more current than this. So, they should get more interest than that.

• Reply 9 of 10
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member
    OK, I guess my age is showing... Having not heard of this band before, the first thing I thought of was The Police's "Walking On the Moon"...
  • Reply 10 of 10
    poksipoksi Posts: 482member

...and indie rock turned into this...   well, life goes on, hopefully there are tons of good rock around, thanks to iTunes it's a the tip of the fingers...