Apple expands HealthKit in iOS 9 to track sexual activity, ovulation, UV exposure, water intake

Comments

• Reply 41 of 66
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    They already did, here is the case for it.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YeMkh.jpg[/IMG]

And of course you can't forget the accessories.

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-V0Bnr_yKIOU/T51B7QyKiqI/AAAAAAAAB7Q/1HI0F-1v_DE/s400/usb-tampon-flash-drive1.jpg[/IMG]
  • Reply 42 of 66
    what a waste of time, there is a point where there is too much data, then if become meaningless. After a while you stop looking at the data. At least if you are healthy.
  • Reply 43 of 66
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    what a waste of time, there is a point where there is too much data, then if become meaningless. After a while you stop looking at the data. At least if you are healthy.

It'll be to cover every use case, people won't track all of the data. A lot of these ones will only be used by someone trying hard to get pregnant. Fitness people will enter different data. If someone recently had a skin cancer scare, they might choose to track UV exposure. If someone doesn't need to track the data, it stays empty. There's a whole range of things Apple can add, all kinds of bodily excretions have different colors and odors that give indications about health:

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/stool-analysis
    http://www.wisegeek.com/what-factors-affect-sperm-color.htm

For people who are healthy already (or think they are), they'll most likely not bother tracking much, which is why having it track as much automatically as possible is good. It would be nice to be able to say 'Siri, how am I doing?' and it gives you a run-down on hydration, sleep, fitness and includes advice on what to do e.g try to cut some fat out of your diet, try to get more sleep, do some cardio.

If they add a 3D camera to the iPhone, that will help too because you'd be able to pinch fat on your stomach and it can estimate your fat percentage. It can also use your 3D body shape to determine this. A 3D scan will be able to warn someone if they are under-eating. If a random person just said 'oh you're too thin', that's not going to help because the reason they are thin is likely because they don't want to get fat. Software can instead say what foods to eat to counter the under-eating while not eating unhealthily.

Recommended diets would be a good thing to have and they can have an API that hooks into online grocery apps. Depending on what you are aiming for it can recommend diets with high protein, essential vitamins, essential fats and the grocery store would just match up what's in the list with what they have and it can warn if there are items with a lot of salt, bad fats etc. that mismatch the diet recommendations.

You'd have to put meals into the device but again with a 3D camera along with the normal camera, it can probably tell what you're eating and the quantity and you can correct any foods it misinterprets.

They can do it like they do in video games where you have an item like a weapon or upgrade and it shows a comparison with the features on the upgrade. You can point the camera at a meal and it can estimate fat, protein, salt, sugar, give an estimated calorie count so your exercise app knows how much you need to burn and it can recommend alternative meals or variations along with data on how the components are different and improve your health. You wouldn't need to scan every meal if you ate similar meals and portions, you could just tap meals it remembered. If you have your phone or watch on you, it might even be able to tell when you're at the dinner table so if you forget to enter a meal, it can at least know you ate something.
  • Reply 44 of 66
    I'm happy just to let me know how far I walked the dog!! Recording Sexual activity? Uh....I would think a few things don't need to be tracked....we are not robots for crying out loud...
  • Reply 45 of 66
    Android users will never have any data on Sexual Activity..
  • Reply 46 of 66
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Why does AI republish these old threads?

• Reply 47 of 66

Add vaccination! That's something missing and really important.

• Reply 48 of 66
    mstone wrote: »
    Well if she is going to enter in all that other data, she might as well record whether she experienced and orgasm or not. It's all private right? Might as well record the partners name in case she has multiple partners. 
    Good one. Lmao.

I actually had an app to track my wife's period so I could maximize the free time. She found out one day and now asks me to track it for her because she forgets.

If it's built into health kit now that's awesome. IMHO.
  • Reply 49 of 66
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

They don't. You simply got an email because someone responded in a thread you posted in. That can happen to threads from 1997, nee, there was a crash, threads from 2001.

• Reply 50 of 66
    mstone wrote: »

If someone posts a comment to an old thread it pops back up if you're searching for 'new posts'.
  • Reply 51 of 66
    Will the Apple Watch record masturbation info to Health?
  • Reply 52 of 66
    darendino wrote: »
    Will the Apple Watch record masturbation info to Health?

I think you're shooting blanks here.
  • Reply 53 of 66

Or you could get a Vessyl! It was a kickstarter and its a water bottle that tracks via BT how much, when and WHAT you're drinking. Its got sensors in it that identify what the liquid is so you can track things like caffeine, sugar, etc. Here's a link https://www.myvessyl.com/?referral_token=7jN_nP1a5ioEVr-u7bNNMQ  

• Reply 54 of 66
    philboogie wrote: »
    They don't. You simply got an email because someone responded in a thread you posted in. That can happen to threads from 1997, nee, there was a crash, threads from 2001.

dasanman69 wrote: »
    If someone posts a comment to an old thread it pops back up if you're searching for 'new posts'.

No, they republished it. It's near the top of today's stories (at least on the iPhone app), that doesn't happen when someone just replies to an old thread.
  • Reply 55 of 66
    Thanks. I totally missed that
  • Reply 56 of 66
    iaeen wrote: »
    philboogie wrote: »

dasanman69 wrote: »

No, they republished it. It's near the top of today's stories (at least on the iPhone app), that doesn't happen when someone just replies to an old thread.

I just looked through a RSS feed of AI, and the story is not listed as a recent article. I use the mobile version which is much like the app and I see it under 'New Posts'.
  • Reply 57 of 66

On a somewhat related issue, I'm kind of curious if an enterprising dev has made or is planning to make a "hook up" app. Two people bump the app, and thereby exchange their consent to specific acts set in the (ahem) preferences. IIRC, I saw someone making a breathalyzer dongle, so make it require proof of sobriety to work.

Ready go.

• Reply 58 of 66

NFC condoms with the Apple certification are coming out next March. 

• Reply 59 of 66
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DougD View Post

This is absurd they can stick it in their big brother ear

You do realize some people are that anal that they track this stuff.  It's not Apple thinking these things up necessarily but people asking for this stuff.  As well, I'm sure some (not all) doctors would like some of this info.  Especially on people they are monitoring.

I don't think Apple really cares to track this info.

• Reply 60 of 66
    jakebjakeb Posts: 562member
    I would love to know Apple's grand plan for HealthKit. Clearly they're doing this for a purpose far beyond the consumer market... something akin to being the defacto electronic health record for each person as they move through any medical system. I just have a hard time picturing the steps required to get from "app on my phone" to "thing every doctor and hospital and pharmacy and therapist uses and can interface with"