British spy agency said to target Apple's iPhone with remote surveillance exploit kit

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51
    patsupatsu Posts: 430member
    droidftw wrote: »
    While I agree with what you're getting at, there isn't much need for the NSA to backdoor iOS 7.  Apple is already on board with the PRISM program and willingly hands over information.

That is only if Apple have the data. If they don't keep the data, there is nothing to hand over. The phone (voice mail) companies, the free email providers, the cloud storage and VM providers, the advertising platform companies would be more affected since they keep a huge amount of user data.

When I was in a VoIP startup, FBIs sometimes show up with court orders to access specific users' voice inbox.
  • Reply 42 of 51
    Does this report come with a tinfoil hat?
  • Reply 43 of 51
    Gatorguy said "perhaps it's time to step back a bit and look at what we're really doing to ourselves."

Ummm no. Perhaps it's time we stepped back and took a long look at what the NSA is doing to us. They have no moral right to spy on us like that, it's a breach of our constituional and human rights.

Only those with a truly low IQ are not aware of the world government being formed and the technocratic global control grid being created. Everything will be centralised and society governed with Skynet-type predictive algorithms to control the population's behaviour down to the smallest detail.

But i'm sure there will be many geeks here who think it would be a good thing, after all wouldn't it be a Star trek-like Utopia?

Yes I'm sure centralised, absolute power over the world in the hands of a group of psychopaths who believe they're better than the rest of us won't end badly, after all look at history...
  • Reply 44 of 51
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by patsu View Post

If they don't keep the data, there is nothing to hand over.

True, and of course they keep the data.  It would be preposterous to think otherwise.

• Reply 45 of 51
    That is the thing about proprietary, we never get to know all the proprietors.

Hopefully it has more of the good guys than the bad guys.
  • Reply 46 of 51
    iKeyMonitor is a Keylogger for iOS device including iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. It tracks SMS, keystrokes, passwords, websites, screenshots and automatically sends the logs to you through Email or FTP.
  • Reply 47 of 51
    Spying is seemed all over the world. British spy agency did their duty. http://www.remotespy.co But I think everybody should not violate others privacy and legal rights.
  • Reply 48 of 51
    vikiheyvikihey Posts: 1member

I do agree that it is unclear whether the installation of the toolkit requires physical access to a device. I know that you can be monitored by somebody if there is an spy app like iKeyMonitor which is installed on your iPhone physically. Everyone should become aware of that whether you are spied or not.

• Reply 49 of 51
    It is really not a good news for the most iPhone users. The iPhone has so powerful functions just like these professional software iKeyMonitor. Spying on the owners seem to be unacceptable. I think I won't be so adicted the iPhone any more.
  • Reply 50 of 51
    It is really not a good news for the most iPhone users. The iPhone has so powerful functions just like these professional software iKeyMonitor. Spying on the owners seem to be unacceptable. I think I won't be so adicted the iPhone any more.
  • Reply 51 of 51

It is really not a good news for the most iPhone users. The iPhone has so powerful functions just like these professional software iKeyMonitor. Spying on the owners seem to be unacceptable.  I think I won't be so adicted the iPhone any more.