Rumor: LG to be exclusive OLED supplier for second-gen Apple Watch

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,008member
    I'm guessing at one point Apple will also sell the watch body separately from the watch band, so your upgrade purchase is not duplicating an investment in something you don't need. I switch between the stainless and leather bands, and unless I abuse them, they will last some time...spending 350 for a new body to switch to is not the end of the world. If you can't afford it, you don't have to upgrade - Watch 1 will be perfectly fine for years.

In terms of version 2, I think it's a tad silly to think they've already decided on a exclusive supplier now for a late fall 16 watch. As far in advance as you plan things, you need to retain a certain amount of agility and flexibility this far out. Unless this means a rev 2 is coming in the spring...

My take is, as market adoption dictates, Apple may release more watches over the next few years, not necessarily to improve HW design, but also to provide more subjective style choices. Most major watch designers release new designs every year or two, and it doesn't obsolete what you own. I think the Apple Watch development will (while never losing its roots to be technologically current,) incorporate more fashion and style aspects driving release decisions.

I mean, look at sales of fashion in general. How many advances in shoe technology have there been over the past decade? Perhaps none?. How many shoes do women buy? Handbags? Clothes? Several hundred of each category, if they follow my wife's standard. It's mostly abut fashion, coordination, expression, seasonality.

This model is not completely applicable to a watch, especially a tech piece. But if they blend 50% of that mentality into their wearables, it is an enormous untapped market for Apple.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    knowitallknowitall Posts: 1,648member
    Quantum dot technology seems a better fit for the apple watch, better colors and ultra low energy requirements.
    This technology should be used in combination with digital ink to make it ultra bright in full light conditions.
    It would be nice if solar cells are integrated in the display too.
    Looks like 4 to 5 generations before apple gets it right.
    I expect we also have GPS and adequate battery life (a week or so) by that time.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    The current Apple Watch is awesome! The next one will be even better.

The Haptic tap on my wrist for text messages and calandar, phone calls on the Watch, and so much more make it a great experience. And Siri works well.

It's well designed and will only get better.

I didn't think I needed it until I received the Apple Watch; Now I almost can;t live without it!

Love this new product!

Alan
  • Reply 24 of 24
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    The current Apple Watch is awesome! The next one will be even better.

The Haptic tap on my wrist for text messages and calandar, phone calls on the Watch, and so much more make it a great experience. And Siri works well.

It's well designed and will only get better.

I didn't think I needed it until I received the Apple Watch; Now I almost can;t live without it!

Love this new product!

Alan

We won't even have to wait that long for an improved ?Watch. Watch OS 2.0 is comming out soon and it looks be amazing