24 Hour Deal: Apple's Unlocked 128GB iPad Air Wi-Fi + 4G LTE for $449 with free Folio case & cover

Posted:
in iPad edited August 2015
For the next 24 hours, readers can grab Apple's 128GB iPad Air Wi-Fi + 4G LTE completely unlocked in either Silver or Space Grey for just $449 with free shipping, a free Kensington Comercio Me Customizable Folio Case, a free BlooPro Ultra Clear Anti Scratch Screen Protector, and no sales tax collected outside NY.

128GB iPad Air Wi-Fi + 4G LTE for $449

Apple authorized reseller and AppleInsider sponsor B&H Photo is running a 24-hour Deal Zone deal of the day on 4 different variations of Apple's 128GB iPad Air Wi-Fi + 4G LTE, slashing the price of each to $449 with free shipping and no sales tax collected if the order is shipped outside NY. That's $480 off their original retail price, $280 off their recently reduced retail price, and the lowest current price anywhere for these models by over $105, according to our iPad Price Guide. The offer expires June 15th at 11:59 p.m. ET or when supplies run out.

Each of the following 4 variations of this 128GB iPad are eligible for the offer and include unlocked Sprint models in Silver or Space Grey and unlocked T-Mobile models in Silver or Space Grey.

Apple 128GB iPad Air 4G LTE (Sprint/Silver) for $449
Apple 128GB iPad Air 4G LTE (Sprint/Space Grey) for $449
Apple 128GB iPad Air 4G LTE (T-Mobile/Silver) for $449 SOLD OUT
Apple 128GB iPad Air 4G LTE (T-Mobile/Space Grey) for $449

Free Accessories

Each also includes the following 2 free accessories:

BlooPro Ultra Clear Anti Scratch Screen Protector (Normally $14.95)
Kensington Comercio Me Customizable Folio Case for iPad Air (Smoke) (Normally $45.95)

Sprint Models

The two Sprint models were first introduced a year and a half ago and come unlocked with support for 14 LTE bands and various flavors of GSM and CDMA, meaning it can be used on a wide range of wireless networks in the U.S. and around the world. In fact, this iPad (model MF026LL/A) was originally designated for Sprint's LTE network, but can now also be used on networks operated by AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile with an activated nano-SIM card. It's seen by some as the 'one to buy' for those users who constantly switch networks or have yet to decide on a carrier.

T-Mobile Models

The two T-Mobile models were first introduced a year and a half ago and come unlocked with support for 14 LTE bands and various flavors of GSM and CDMA, meaning it can be used on a wide range of wireless networks in the U.S. and around the world. Originally designated for T-Mobile's network, this model (MF563LL/A) iPad Air can also be used on networks operated by AT&T and Verizon with an activated nano-SIM card. Some carriers may require users provide the tablet's IMEI or MEID prior to activation, as well as a nominal activation fee.

iPad Air 2 Discounts

For those readers demanding the latest & greatest in the iPad Air 2, B&H this week also continues to offer a number of instant $30-50 discounts on the iPad Air 2 lineup.

Even More Deals

These deals are just a few of several ongoing offers delivering rock bottom prices, others include the lowest price we've ever seen on Apple's mid-2014 MacBook Pro with Retina display (2.5GHz, 16GB, 512GB, 750M) model MGXC2LL/A at $1,799 ($700 off), $260 off every new 15" MacBook Pro with AppleCare, and $150 off all 12" MacBook + AppleCare pre-orders plus a free USB C early adopter accessory kit. Check out our Deal Tracker & Price Guides for even more offers like a $799 11" MacBook Air, $899 13" MacBook Air, the lowest prices anywhere on 13" MacBook Pros, Mac minis, and Mac Pros. Plus save hundreds on 21- & 27-inch iMacs and get a free Apple TV with each order.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I want an Ipad Air, but all I want is Wifi.

Can I use this Wifi only and never activate the phone part?

This is such a good deal much cheaper than the Wifi only model.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    rob53rob53 Posts: 3,251member
    I see they're dumping the models that can't run all of iOS 9, which could be nice for some people but has made these obsolete once iOS 9 is released.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rob53 View Post

I see they're dumping the models that can't run all of iOS 9, which could be nice for some people but has made these obsolete once iOS 9 is released.

The only part of iOS 9 unsupported on these models is split screen view.

• Reply 5 of 8
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:

Originally Posted by freaksloan View Post

I want an Ipad Air, but all I want is Wifi.

Can I use this Wifi only and never activate the phone part?

This is such a good deal much cheaper than the Wifi only model.

Yes, of course you can.

• Reply 6 of 8
    rob53rob53 Posts: 3,251member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasper View Post

The only part of iOS 9 unsupported on these models is split screen view.

For now, but that seems to be a big deal with a lot of people and could be a reason for the huge price drop.

• Reply 7 of 8
    tobiwantobiwan Posts: 73member
    Air doesn't run as hot and gets better battery life than air 2 so there are things gained as well.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    kasper wrote: »

Yes, of course you can.

That's a good deal. I figured the low price was due to activation be required.