Apple posts 'Backstage' parody sketch from WWDC 2015

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    He made it a vampire camera.

And the whole thing was shot during a vampire weekend.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    tomhayestomhayes Posts: 128member

Matt Walsh from the Upright Citizen's Brigade was the angel investor.

• Reply 23 of 30
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thrang View Post

I don't recall the name of the actress thats his assistant, but I didn't like her in "House" and in this...the only reason is she has horrible enunciation and swallows half her words...

I thought she was perfect and was trying to remember where I had seen her before... it was House, thanks.

• Reply 24 of 30
    tomhayestomhayes Posts: 128member

The assistant was Charlyne Yi.

• Reply 25 of 30
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    tomhayes wrote: »
    The assistant was Charlyne Yi.

I thought she was well cast here.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    bluejfkbluejfk Posts: 6member
    Is that John Hodgman to the right of the Tim Cook look alikes on the elevator?
  • Reply 27 of 30
    philsphils Posts: 22member
    I totally sucks!
  • Reply 28 of 30
    highrezhighrez Posts: 10member

As to how they avoid reflections, that's a very old filmmaking trick. The mirror is angled in a way that is not visible to the viewer, but keeps the viewer from seeing the camera.

On TV and movie sets it's done all the time. In fact, when they build standing sets with reflective surfaces like mirrors, they often make them adjustable for just this purpose. The actors have to "cheat" with the angle of where they're looking/pointing to make it look like those surfaces are really straight. If you'd really be standing on the set you'd see that they're cantered. Sometimes quite a lot.

Alternately, they replace the mirror with clear glass, or remove it altogether and have something else in its place, or shoot from that position.

(Eg, when you see and interrogation room on a cop show with a one-way mirror. The mirror is removable. When they're shooting the interrogation, it's there. When you see the people in the other room looking through the "mirror," there's nothing there, or they replace it with clear.

• Reply 29 of 30
    The user and all related content has been deleted.