Apple opens up US Watch retail reservations, shoppers get unique bags

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited June 2015
Apple on Wednesday morning opened up Apple Watch reservations in the United States, allowing shoppers to pick up an order at a time and Apple Store of their choosing, handed over in a specially-made bag.

Reservations will open at 8 a.m. local time every day, and can be found by picking a model online and then clicking a "check reservation availability" link. Supplies of the Watch may still be very limited, as even some popular models -- such as the 42mm space-gray Sport -- are unavailable at many locations.

Apple itself warns that due to demand, a selected model could be sold out before a person has time to confirm their reservation. Once at a store, a clerk will answer questions and offer a try-on session before completing any purchase. Shoppers must bring ID.

In-store reservations are opening up around the world. AppleInsider can confirm that when making a purchase, there are two styles of bag. Both are thick and white with gray rope handles, but Sport Watches come in an elongated one.

The Watch is officially slated to become available at Apple Stores on June 26, but the company now appears to be working on a accelerated timeline, suggesting that supply is catching up with demand.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    The huge table of Watches need to be removed from the Apple Stores. I spent nearly 45 minutes in the Sheffield store on a very busy Sunday afternoon and there was no one looking at them, other than the occasional glance. The same in the Birmingham store a week later where I spend about 10 minutes in store.

Everyone gravitates to the devices you can interact with on the edges of the store. Sheffield is the smallest Apple Store I've been in and it really needs to get some space back.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fireblue View Post

The huge table of Watches need to be removed from the Apple Stores. I spent nearly 45 minutes in the Sheffield store on a very busy Sunday afternoon and there was no one looking at them, other than the occasional glance. The same in the Birmingham store a week later where I spend about 10 minutes in store.

Everyone gravitates to the devices you can interact with on the edges of the store. Sheffield is the smallest Apple Store I've been in and it really needs to get some space back.

I disagree. It is the easiest way to see all models at once in person, and compare them.  What else would you suggest?

• Reply 3 of 9

Pictures on the wall? Gallery on an iPad? You're only looking at combinations of 4 Watch types and a dozen straps. Having a 10 foot table with 20 Watches in that you can only see from top down seems counter intuitive to how Apple Stores work. As is mentioned elsewhere, the Watch experience feels wrong, overly complicated and restrictive.

• Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fireblue View Post

Pictures on the wall? Gallery on an iPad? You're only looking at combinations of 4 Watch types and a dozen straps. Having a 10 foot table with 20 Watches in that you can only see from top down seems counter intuitive to how Apple Stores work. As is mentioned elsewhere, the Watch experience feels wrong, overly complicated and restrictive.

You cant really apreciate the materials, the colors or the quality of the product just by watching other screen displying it to you or a poster. Its actually the basic reason why the retail stores exists at first place, for the people to touch and see in person the product before buying it.

• Reply 5 of 9
    radster360radster360 Posts: 546member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikolay Iliev View Post

You cant really apreciate the materials, the colors or the quality of the product just by watching other screen displying it to you or a poster. Its actually the basic reason why the retail stores exists at first place, for the people to touch and see in person the product before buying it.

I will agree with @fireblue to some extend, especially at the store which might have limited space. My biggest concern at this point is that table looks like the Microsoft Store few doors down (at the location where I visit) - Meaning empty. It gives an impression that not that many people are interested in the Watch. Though, I do find lots of folks playing with the watch that is on the table where people can try it out.

I think the best solution is at this point is to having rolling display of all those combination of Apple watch and make  better use of that space.

• Reply 6 of 9
    kmanvankmanvan Posts: 10member
    Initially, I was of the opinion that the iWatch is overpriced and impractical. But Apple won me over when I found out that my iWatch would come in one of two unique bags!
  • Reply 7 of 9
  • Reply 8 of 9
    mainyehcmainyehc Posts: 133member

How about an eye-level, wall display of the various models? Problem solved!

• Reply 9 of 9
    Apple launched its Canadian Apple Watch Retail reservations Friday afternoon. With the option of purchasing the Apple watch online and picking up the watch at Apple retails stores. However, limitations are existing in selected Apple Watches