Adobe announces next generation Creative Cloud 2015 with Adobe Stock images platform

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 103
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Thanks for your review. I wonder if the moaning on Pages from people is because they didn't fully look into the program like you have, since you mention most features are still there but a little hidden.

Well, Apple did leave out a lot of features at first, many were added back and in different places. I have come from Pagemaker/InDesign so I expect advanced features to do what I need to do. For books and pamphlets it works perfectly for me. For other users, they could be disappointed that the program isn't an InDesign killer, but the price isn't an InDesign price either.

Quote:

It looks a bit 'lightweight to me' but perhaps their website doesn't do the program justice. Maybe I'll download the trial, though first I want to check out Affinity photo beta

Yes, the best thing is to try the trial version. For me, it ticked almost all of the boxes that I was using Aperture for.

Oh, YES! The Affinity Photo beta is so fun!!!! And powerful, I am loving it.

• Reply 102 of 103
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    ggbrigette wrote: »
    Well, Apple did leave out a lot of features at first, many were added back and in different places. I have come from Pagemaker/InDesign so I expect advanced features to do what I need to do. For books and pamphlets it works perfectly for me. For other users, they could be disappointed that the program isn't an InDesign killer, but the price isn't an InDesign price either.

I have found their design approach to be really outstanding. I thought it was designed as a word processor, but I made really great brochures with Pages back in 2005. No idea if it's still great at that, and fully understand it can't replace InDesign. But for what it is, it's a really great program. So yeah, good point on the price as well.

Yes, the best thing is to try the trial version. For me, it ticked almost all of the boxes that I was using Aperture for.

Oh, YES! The Affinity Photo beta is so fun!!!! And powerful, I am loving it.

Emulsion I will try later today (it's raining here anyway) but I'm enjoying Affinity Photo right now. A really great program, with all the features I could possibly want. The curves tool is really good. I cannot believe the hours they must have put in; it really doesn't show it's a beta. So full featured this already looks like a full grown application.

Best!
  • Reply 103 of 103
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    Quote:

Looks like the subscription is cheaper than the boxed version. That one sells for $1,749 these days

http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photoshop-CS6-Mac-Version/dp/B007R0RKPO/ref=sr_1_1_twi_2_dvd?ie=UTF8&qid=1434435263&sr=8-1&keywords=adobe+photoshop+cs6

You can still purchase CS6 stuff directly through Adobe for the normal price. That seller is a jackass.