Beats 1 to feature celebrity shows hosted by Elton John, Drake, Pharrell, Dr. Dre & more

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    rogifan wrote: »
    You have a generous definition of musician. :lol:

She's a musician alright. She had a big country music career when she was younger. Remember? She's no hack.
  • Reply 22 of 35

I am sure there are some people who will appreciate this, but I think the future of music is going to be in smart/dynamic playlists that will play appropriate songs for whatever you happen to be doing (think of that Family Guy scene where Peter has his own theme music for everything he does). It will be similar to proactivity in iOS 9, except with music. These playlists will be based on your music tastes and what it is that you are doing. For example, if you work out in the morning, not only will iOS know to launch the music app for you automatically, it will queue up music that matches your taste and pace of your workout. It could also see events in your calendar and play the most appropriate music leading up to an event. So, if you were going to a concert, it might play music from the artist that you are going to see (or similar artists). Maybe it plays the Law and Order theme song if you are heading to court. Or how about your school's fight song on the way to tailgate before the game? If you are at the park playing volleyball, maybe it queues up "Playing with the Boys" from that scene in Top Gun. iOS could determine things like if you broke up with your girlfriend and play sad, sappy music. The music being queued up could also be triggered by location. For example, if iOS sees that you are at a ski resort skiing, it may queue up music from the soundtracks of Warren Miller movies. If it sees you are in Las Vegas, it could play "Viva Las Vegas" or other appropriate songs. The possibilities are endless. 

• Reply 23 of 35
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    justinpe wrote: »
    I am sure there are some people who will appreciate this, but I think the future of music is going to be in smart/dynamic playlists that will play appropriate songs for whatever you happen to be doing (think of that Family Guy scene where Peter has his own theme music for everything he does). It will be similar to proactivity in iOS 9, except with music. These playlists will be based on your music tastes and what it is that you are doing. For example, if you work out in the morning, not only will iOS know to launch the music app for you automatically, it will queue up music that matches your taste and pace of your workout. It could also see events in your calendar and play the most appropriate music leading up to an event. So, if you were going to a concert, it might play music from the artist that you are going to see (or similar artists). Maybe it plays the Law and Order theme song if you are heading to court. Or how about your school's fight song on the way to tailgate before the game? If you are at the park playing volleyball, maybe it queues up "Playing with the Boys" from that scene in Top Gun. iOS could determine things like if you broke up with your girlfriend and play sad, sappy music. The music being queued up could also be triggered by location. For example, if iOS sees that you are at a ski resort skiing, it may queue up music from the soundtracks of Warren Miller movies. If it sees you are in Las Vegas, it could play "Viva Las Vegas" or other appropriate songs. The possibilities are endless. 
    You describe a perfect nightmare :no:
  • Reply 24 of 35
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    sog35 wrote: »
    streaming audio does not take much data.
    But you don't have to stream at all times. Membership allows you to save for off line listening (wifi). There are some that have either chosen to forego wifi because LTE is faster or because they are always on the move, but most people I know are wifi connected most of the time.
  • Reply 25 of 35
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    justinpe wrote: »

This is exactly what Google Play Music does right now. Working out? Check. Driving? Check. Cleaning the house? Check. Friends over to party? Check.

It pretty much has a built for you curated list for any occasion you can think of.
  • Reply 26 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SirLance99 View Post

This is exactly what Google Play Music does right now. Working out? Check. Driving? Check. Cleaning the house? Check. Friends over to party? Check.

It pretty much has a built for you curated list for any occasion you can think of.

Google Music does not do what I am talking about. What I am talking about is playing appropriate music based on context, no thinking required.

• Reply 27 of 35
    thepixeldocthepixeldoc Posts: 2,257member
    killer.

this will be so hot.

where are all the Beats acquisition haters now?  Doing a sleep over with Robert Frost?

I'm really looking forward to this because I've always had a huge eclectic taste in music and am a huge fan of Radio Paradise. I love basically everything, including classic and opera, which I don't expect to be represented.... however...

Elton John did "discover" the 2Cellos, signed them to his label and invited them to tour with him. They opened for him 2 years ago at the iTunes Festival in London.

The link above points to one of their AC/DC covers which made them famous... but both guys are highly trained classical cellists and their classical compositions are just beyond words(!) These guys are also extremely funny in interviews, so I wouldn't be surprised if Elton invited them on in his first show.
  • Reply 28 of 35
    thepixeldocthepixeldoc Posts: 2,257member

Cyrus, absolute nutjob that she is (how's that "I'm her friend!" working out, Billy?), at least is a musician.

Lay off the hate for these kids(!)

They had their souls AKA childhoods sold by their parents to "The Industry".

So many of those Disney Kids are whacked and have psychological problems to this day as young adults that I don't think it's pure coincidence.

It also doesn't justify "Old Guys" making opinions about them when they lash or freak out from time to time.

You're old enough to know better... :grumble:
  • Reply 29 of 35
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

I'm really looking forward to this because I've always had a huge eclectic taste in music and am a huge fan of Radio Paradise. I love basically everything, including classic and opera, which I don't expect to be represented.... however...

Yeah Bill and Rebecca Goldsmith guest DJs. 8-)

• Reply 30 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

How many people have generous data caps that allow them to stream over cellular on the way to work/school?

I'm one... grand-fathered in on AT&T Unlimited data plan!! Woohoo for me! I stream Sirius on my phone all day at work and sometimes while driving when I need to listen to navigation from my phone. A friend of mine just got her first iPhone and has Unlimited data on T-Mobile, so people are out there who can do it.

• Reply 31 of 35
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    killer.

this will be so hot.

where are all the Beats acquisition haters now?  Doing a sleep over with Robert Frost?

Moving the goalposts:
    Ooh just what everyone has been waiting for...Elton John's Rocket Hour. :lol:

SiriusXM has had celebrity shows/hosts for a long time. I don't see what the big deal is.
  • Reply 32 of 35
    I still don't see what the big deal is. Are people that interested in celebrity talk shows?
    I'm just waiting for the Miley Cyrus and Kim Kardashian shows. Those aught to be a real hoot. :D
  • Reply 33 of 35
    This is awesome!!

As launch gets closer Apple Music is pulling out all the guns!!
  • Reply 34 of 35
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    This is cool.