Apple highlights LGBT content with special curated App Store section

Comments

• Reply 121 of 183

he's joking.

• Reply 122 of 183
    spacekidspacekid Posts: 183member

So where is the Christian section? I thought there are more Christians than LGBT's.

• Reply 123 of 183
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    solipsismy wrote: »
    If "there are only individuals" then there is no society.

There is no society. There are only individuals exercising their will and joining with other individuals when it benefits them. That is my belief.
  • Reply 124 of 183
    I've read the exact opposite, including from governmental sources. I'm perplexed by your affirmation.

I'd kind of feel inclined to ask if your information comes from a website that also disproves climate change and demonstrates that the Twin Towers were remote detonated...

Prepare for cognitive dissonance:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/04/14/on-equal-pay-day-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-gender-pay-gap/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-gender-pay-gap-is-a-complete-myth/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/02/01/no-women-don-t-make-less-money-than-men.html

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2073804

I'll even throw in a WSJ story so you can discount everything as "biased": http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704415104576250672504707048
  • Reply 125 of 183

I'm just so thrilled knowing that some of the angry posters on this thread will be blowing a gasket today reading about the Supreme Court's decision...

Same sex marriage is now legal in all 50 states. Get ready to see a lot of celebration this week end.

• Reply 126 of 183
    I'm just so thrilled knowing that some of the angry posters on this thread will be blowing a gasket today reading about the Supreme Court's decision...
    Same sex marriage is now legal in all 50 states. Get ready to see a lot of celebration this week end.

Good for them. I believe marriage is not a matter for government involvement, but enslavement to the state seems to be voluntary for most people. At least gay couples will now receive equal treatment under the law, which the Constitution protects. Now it's just the majority single people who are getting unequal treatment.
  • Reply 127 of 183
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    spacekid wrote: »
    So where is the Christian section? I thought there are more Christians than LGBT's.

There's a Christmas promotion each year. There might even by an Easter one too.

The LGBT section is to celebrate Pride.
  • Reply 128 of 183
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LordJohnWhorfin View Post

If that were the only impact of today's decision, I'd be fine with it. It's not. This opens the floodgates for the extremists to go after everyone they don't like. And they will. The Department of "Justice" is already preparing the lawsuits. And the Constitution is officially dead.

• Reply 129 of 183
    smurfmansmurfman Posts: 119member
    msantti wrote: »
    Apple is really testing my loyalty right now.

Getting tired of this crap.

Stay the F out of politics.

Feel the same way. I'm actually considering going back to a flip phone. Ugh.
  • Reply 130 of 183
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post

Most honest philanthropy is done silently.

What an utterly silly statement.

I'll take something like Bill Gates's public, open, transparent philanthropy that also gets other billionaires to open their wallets, over your silent stuff (which may or may be happening, for all I know), any day.

• Reply 131 of 183
    thebumthebum Posts: 58member
    Where's the straight section? I want equal representation!
  • Reply 132 of 183
    thebumthebum Posts: 58member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

...SCOTUS said corporations are "people"...

...except when it comes to religion.

• Reply 133 of 183
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    I believe marriage is not a matter for government involvement...

I agree. Ideally I'd like this notion of marriage to never be an issue for a city, county, state, or nation. If your religious belief dictate a certain type of ceremony or commitment, then let that be your bond, not some legal contact written up by a government that you sign. There was a time when this did make some sense, but that the has long sense come and go and yet we still have this archaic framework in place.

However, if the government is going to be involved with some part of marriage they do need to be involved with all parts in order to make it equal for other consensual, adult couples.

thebum wrote: »

Do you also want separate parking spaces and entrances that can't be used by the handicap or are you just being an ass?
  • Reply 134 of 183

The act of giving is to expect nothing in return. Transparent philanthropy is designed to provoke a result... hence it's activism. That's fine, but it's not "giving". Publicly promoting any cause is a transparent call for action. That can be social, political, spiritual, whimsical... whatever. I think Apple should stay out of public social and political activism that ultimately pins labels on its customers. 

• Reply 135 of 183
    waterrocketswaterrockets Posts: 1,231member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by msantti View Post

Apple is really testing my loyalty right now.

Getting tired of this crap.

Stay the F out of politics.

This is my most entertaining year of watching Apple troll the sht out of people.

• Reply 136 of 183
    There is no society.

1) Are you quoting from a really boring version of The Matrix?

2) :no:
  • Reply 137 of 183
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I believe marriage is not a matter for government involvement...

I agree. Ideally I'd like this notion of marriage to never be an issue for a city, county, state, or nation. If your religious belief dictate a certain type of ceremony or commitment, then let that be your bond, not some legal contact written up by a government that you sign. There was a time when this did make some sense, but that the has long sense come and go and yet we still have this archaic framework in place.

However, if the government is going to be involved with some part of marriage they do need to be involved with all parts in order to make it equal for other consensual, adult couples.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBum View Post

Do you also want separate parking spaces and entrances that can't be used by the handicap or are you just being an ass?

1) Unfortunately, the government has to be involved in some form. Otherwise we could have a free-for-all in terms of marriages, no? (I don't think I need to elaborate). And, of course, once the government steps in, its influence usually tends to creep ever upwards.

2) He's being a bum.

• Reply 138 of 183
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post

The act of giving is to expect nothing in return. Transparent philanthropy is designed to provoke a result... hence it's activism. That's fine, but it's not "giving". Publicly promoting any cause is a transparent call for action. That can be social, political, spiritual, whimsical... whatever. I think Apple should stay out of public social and political activism that ultimately pins labels on its customers. 

So, Bill Gates getting others to contribute to his favorite philanthropy gives Bill Gates a return? Who knew! I always thought it was the recipient of the philanthropy that does. Silly me.....

Incidentally, there's nothing inherently wrong with activism or a call for action, per se. I really don't understand why you think that's not 'honest.'

• Reply 139 of 183
    solipsismy wrote: »
    1) Are you quoting from a really boring version of The Matrix?

2) :no:

Ha! Even when we disagree on occasion I still enjoy your posts.
  • Reply 140 of 183
    1) Unfortunately, the government has to be involved in some form. Otherwise we could have a free-for-all in terms of marriages, no? (I don't think I need to elaborate). And, of course, once the government steps in, its influence usually tends to creep ever upwards.

I don't care if it's a free-for-all. People can have psychial and emotional relationships with as many consenting adults as they wish without the government being involved, so if, say, the Latter Day Saints wish include polygamy again then they should have that right just as one has the right. If you are Catholic, then that church can dictate the terms of that union, including their right not to marry homosexuals.

What shouldn't be allowed are situations where consent can't be given. This means that you can't create a 501(c)(3) called Descendants of Grok and then claim it's your right to beat women over the head and drag them back to your cave for marriage and copulation. That would be illegal.