New iOS 8.4 will enable Apple Music, Beats 1 on Tuesday; Sonos, Android support coming later this ye

Comments

• Reply 21 of 74
    jameskatt2jameskatt2 Posts: 720member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I'm a little surprise Apple is launching Beats 1 only one hour after 8.4 becomes available. Seems like 24 hours would be better as I'm sure Apple's servers will be slammed with everyone upgrading to 8.4.

Nah.

It is best that Beats 1 becomes available as soon as 8.4 becomes available.  Why wait even 1 hour.

If Apple's servers become slammed, all that means is MORE MOULAH FOR MUSICIANS.  SALIVATE AT THE DEMAND FOR MUSIC.  APPLE MUSIC WILL RULE.

• Reply 22 of 74
    jameskatt2jameskatt2 Posts: 720member
    Quote:

You can turn off shake to undo in iOS 9? Hallelujah!

Maybe everything will go smoothly Tuesday but why chance it? The last thing Apple needs is Twiiter to be full of people complaining about not catching the launch of Beats 1 because they couldn't download 8.4. Speaking of, if you search Twitter right now lots of people are confused about Apple Music and especially how iTunes Match will work. I'm a bit shocked at how poorly Apple has explained it.

That would be like people complaining that Apple Stores have lines blocks long because Apple has just shown a new iPhone.

Nah.  Nothing wrong with that.

Apple's customers expect long lines due to the demand.

Those that are patient will wait a week for the hooplah to die down.

• Reply 23 of 74
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    elijahg wrote: »
    Is this the end of iTunes Radio then?
    I'd say it is the beginning - act 2. I notice all my radio pre-sets disappeared this week. I am looking forward to the new Apple Music.
  • Reply 24 of 74
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by photoshop59 View Post

.....zzzzz..

Strangely you're awake enough to post. :roll eyes:

• Reply 25 of 74
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,305member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

This is music, not talk shows.

Well coming from XM/SiriusXM Radio until canceling about 6 months ago, they have a lot of different content.  The biggest problem was the App was/is such complete crap!!!  I'm trying to find a way that me to makes it worth $10 a month.  I don't play a lot of music like I did when I was younger and being there isn't some cheaper option, it's either $10 or nothing and right now for me, it'll have to be nothing!!!

Beats1 is being made out to be something special, and really it's just FM radio!!!  Where's the WOW in that?  Really it's the same thing as everyone else.  At least Spotify is trying something with Blogs to stand out a little more, but really, Apple Music is nothing more then Spotify with FM Radio features.  I don't see the big wow factor at all.

• Reply 26 of 74
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    jameskatt2 wrote: »

Wrong.

The only reason Apple Music will have hangups is because DEMAND IS SO HUGE.  9-INCH NAILS WORTH OF HUGE.

Hi Jimmy.
  • Reply 27 of 74
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    jbdragon wrote: »
    Well coming from XM/SiriusXM Radio until canceling about 6 months ago, they have a lot of different content.  The biggest problem was the App was/is such complete crap!!!  I'm trying to find a way that me to makes it worth $10 a month.  I don't play a lot of music like I did when I was younger and being there isn't some cheaper option, it's either $10 or nothing and right now for me, it'll have to be nothing!!!

Beats1 is being made out to be something special, and really it's just FM radio!!!  Where's the WOW in that?  Really it's the same thing as everyone else.  At least Spotify is trying something with Blogs to stand out a little more, but really, Apple Music is nothing more then Spotify with FM Radio features.  I don't see the big wow factor at all.

But it's Apple and it's "curation" and it's going to be on every iOS device so that obviously means it's going to be better than anything else. /s
  • Reply 28 of 74
    Quote:

But it's Apple and it's "curation" and it's going to be on every iOS device so that obviously means it's going to be better than anything else. /s

I'm not trying to beat down on Apple Music.  I'm sure it'll be good, but I really don't see nothing that makes me go WOW, that's really something new!!!   Sure I'll give the free 3 months a try, but the odds of paying for it after that are pretty slim.  Only because I wouldn't be using it enough to justify the price.  While others would be using it non-stop and get their money worth.  This is why I wish there was a Low cost $5 option for those that only tune in a little!!!  Right now it's all or nothing. There's no middle ground.

• Reply 29 of 74
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JBDragon View Post

Beat 1 is free so you can have that with no charge. It's hosted by award-winning DJ that aim to make it a go-to place for current trend in music. If you're interested in that you'll get that for free.

And of course there's still a Radio that let you make your own radio station, also for free.

• Reply 30 of 74
    Quote:

Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

Beat 1 is free so you can have that with no charge. It's hosted by award-winning DJ that aim to make it a go-to place for current trend in music. If you're interested in that you'll get that for free.

And of course there's still a Radio that let you make your own radio station, also for free.

I get that, but in generally DJ's just drive me nuts.  I just want to near the Music and that was what I got with SiriusXM Music.  I'll still check it out and see first hand how it is.  

• Reply 31 of 74
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Splif View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

Apple just says iTunes Match is complementary. That's not particularly detailed.

http://www.apple.com/music/membership/

The product name iTunes Match is not mentioned with the streaming service. Your personal library (including songs that you ripped) is part of the deal when you pay a membership fee. It get's uploaded to iCloud. iTunes Match is an independent but complimentary service to the non-subscription service. It's pretty understandable when you read the questions at the bottom.

Yes. Theyv'e been extremely vague about this.

• Reply 32 of 74
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    rogifan wrote: »
    I'm a little surprise Apple is launching Beats 1 only one hour after 8.4 becomes available. Seems like 24 hours would be better as I'm sure Apple's servers will be slammed with everyone upgrading to 8.4.

But then people (like you) will be bitching and whining how Beats is not available right after the 8.4 upgrade. There's pros and cons to everything.
  • Reply 33 of 74

So a new version of iTunes comes out tomorrow.

Is it too much to hope for a completely overhauled iTunes and not the current version with Apple Music added in as an afterthought?

• Reply 34 of 74
    So a new version of iTunes comes out tomorrow.

Is it too much to hope for a completely overhauled iTunes and not the current version with Apple Music added in as an afterthought?

I'd expect 12.2, not 13.0.

And I expect Lion gets the shaft.
  • Reply 35 of 74
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,069member
    sestewart wrote: »
    I expect a disaster then. Apple can't handle iOS rollouts on day one without screwing up and server hang-ups. Double traffic for iOS and Apple Music will be horrible. Apple should have released this last week instead of pandering to the queers. 
    hey appleinsider. How about banning this fucking homophobe?
  • Reply 36 of 74
    mac_dog wrote: »
    hey appleinsider. How about banning this homophobe?

Doesn't the Q stand for queer? Or is that another word that only people it applies to are allowed to say? :rolleyes:
  • Reply 37 of 74
    elijahg wrote: »
    Is this the end of iTunes Radio then?

No. It's the end of Apple.
  • Reply 38 of 74
    moreckmoreck Posts: 187member
    sestewart wrote: »
    I expect a disaster then. Apple can't handle iOS rollouts on day one without screwing up and server hang-ups. Double traffic for iOS and Apple Music will be horrible. Apple should have released this last week instead of pandering to the queers. 

Just to clarify: You're suggesting that Apple delayed rolling out a major iOS update/ new music service because Tim Cook released a statement about equal rights?

Yeah, it doesn't sound any smarter when I type it, either.
  • Reply 39 of 74
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Quote:

Does Apple Music work with iTunes Match?

Yes. Apple Music and iTunes Match are independent but complementary.

That's it?  WTF?

And nothing at all on the iTunes Match URL:  http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-match/

Even the people on Twitter that Eddy responds are confused: 

More fun in the comments for iMore's "Apple Music FAQ":  http://www.imore.com/apple-music-faq

• Reply 40 of 74
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member
    Quote:

Oh and shake to undo is so sensitive I'm activating it all the time. I wish Apple would fix that or give us a option to turn it off.

Do you suffer from DT's or something? I never even knew that shake thing existed till now, just tested it and it's not really a shake so much as an accelerated stop. I can't see how you can do that accidentally.