After crushing rival smartwatch sales, Apple Watch portrayed as doomed by CNBC

Comments

• Reply 101 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AtlApple View Post

Follow the tread then maybe you will grasp the understanding of putting something into context. 

Your posts in this thread are Exhibit A for lack of understanding of context.

Read post #80. Maybe you will learn something.

• Reply 102 of 219
    pogo007pogo007 Posts: 43member
    slurpy wrote: »
    What a shocking post from you, considering in pretty much every single one of your posts you're shitting on Apple and their products, and pessimistic about their future. Sad how you choose to spend your time. Also, that's quite the twisted logic you're using. As Apple Watch gains more features and more adoption, it will "lose popularity"? Unlike someone like you that basis all statements on ignorance, I'm pretty sure those who buy it have a good idea of what it can and can't do. 

As for these reports, par for the course. Remember the 74,028 reports in 2012-2014 that stated that Apple was on a steep decline with iPhone, and Samsung would soon utterly destroy Apple in all the metrics that matter? Since then, iPhone sales have blown up and Samsung's flagship phones have collapsed.  Or that Apple had zero iPhone "growth left" - but today is destroying YoY numbers by 40-50%? The list goes on and on. These analysts do not understand Apple, have never understood them, and couldn't manage to even create a successful business if their lives depended on it. 

I've been a little disappointed in Apple since Steve Job's died. Steve had a eye for what works and what doesn't. Same for the Walt Disney company, I loved disney but when Walt died the company suffered lack of innovation which took more than 10 years to recover. I own a Mac consultation business and believe me I know what I'm talking about more than 70% of you guys on here. My corporate customers are starting to worry about the direction Apple is going.
  • Reply 103 of 219
    newbee wrote: »
    That's just hilarious, wow. You do, of course, realize that an ordinary watch does one thing only, i.e. tell time, and they have been around for 100 years or so and people who still buy them haven't stopped using them yet so I think that, in spite of your "prediction" Apple has nothing to worry about. You, on the other hand, should try to find a different path to walk on.  ;)

Yep my watch does only one thing I agree, on the great side of things I don't have to charge it every night because it charges with solar energy and it doesn't distract me during meetings or when I'm driving.
  • Reply 104 of 219
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    pogo007 wrote: »
    I've been a little disappointed in Apple since Steve Job's died. Steve had a eye for what works and what doesn't. Same for the Walt Disney company, I loved disney but when Walt died the company suffered lack of innovation which took more than 10 years to recover. I own a Mac consultation business and believe me I know what I'm talking about more than 70% of you guys on here. My corporate customers are starting to worry about the direction Apple is going.

This is classic. Many rules of the troll on display here.
  • Reply 105 of 219
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

What do you expect? It's the conservative wing of NBC Properties. It's the FOX News of NBC.

Actually, CNBC is just another "reality television" channel.  It is the "Here Comes Honey Booboo" of financial news.  If you are an actual investor, you should delete CNBC from your channel guide!

• Reply 106 of 219
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member

Daniel, this doesn't surprise me in the least. Last year in Georgia our sleazy Governor Nathan Deal paid CNBC some money and magically Georgia got ranked as the #1 state for business in the country. This year after the same sleazy governor was reelected and chose not to pay CNBC any "ranking money": we lost our #1 spot. After all he had been reelected largely due to that false report and didn't need them any more. 

CNBC cannot be trusted for ANY reports, surveys, or rankings. They are pure unadulterated slime balls. Thanks for uncovering and exposing them yet again just as we did here in Georgia when they lied about their B.S. report on being #1 for business. 

Unfortunately the damage has already been done. Nathan Deal was reelected and Apple stock has taken a stock hit already so CNBC served their purpose. 

• Reply 107 of 219
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    People still watch CNBC?
  • Reply 108 of 219
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member

After receiving my Apple Watch, my iPhone remains in my pocket more often then not, and my Rolex in now in the watch winder. I love the Apple Watch for a number of reasons including Siri, fitness, convenience, and the fact that it's a stunning piece of jewelry. Is it a must have? For me, it is now.

• Reply 109 of 219
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pogo007 View Post

Man, you're fracking funny, 70% of people here.... Just incredible...

I've actually used Apple products since 1979, PC's since day 1, Unix since before they were cool in the early 1980s and been on the internet since 1986 (BBS's since 1980).

Worked (with, on, in) nearly every network, language, IDE, Software, Hardware, system inside and out since the mid 1980s. I even compiled and used the first god damn versions of Linux and Apache when they were version 0 and you had to kludge code to make them work. I've got friends at Cern who actually know the guy who "invented" the world wide web (I'm using invented loosely here...)

Even then, I wouldn't claim to being superior to 70% of people here.

What would that even mean and how would I know?

How conceited would someone need to be to say such tripe.

I'm going to plainly call you a poser; you are good for comedy. You should go on tour, make sure to bring your Job shrine with you.

Myself, I can only claim to have been around ahem a very long time; and with that I hope to have accumulated a bit of wisdom and some useful knowledge.

• Reply 110 of 219
    raz0rraz0r Posts: 28member
    newbee wrote: »
    You do, of course, realize that an ordinary watch does one thing only, i.e. tell time, and they have been around for 100 years or so ...

Watches have been around since the 17th century. And Apple Watch won't change the fact that people will still want a regular timepiece.
    In fact, if you take an Apple Watch and compare it to a classic watch, you'll find that the Apple Watch isn't actually a watch at all. Apple has done what they do best and that's computer miniaturization. It's a computer shoehorned into a watch-like case. Not made the traditional way that watches are made. (For example, how many classical watches are made by gluing parts to the case?)
    Personally, I still love traditional watches more. I find that I'm happier with my phone being in my pocket, it's easier to ignore than something vibrating on my wrist for every little thing, when I want some peace and quiet. And it's easier to just leave your phone tucked away than it is to remove a watch.
    So right now I'm happy with my Citizen and TX :) Might get an Apple Watch for development purposes later on, but as far as preference goes, it's classic watches all the way.

Just my personal opinion :)
  • Reply 111 of 219
    spock1234spock1234 Posts: 160member
    atlapple wrote: »
    No not suppose to be impressed by my profession or super computers.
    Good. We are not :D
    Humans lived for millions and millions of years without social networking, iPhones and most of the technology we used today ...
    Hey Genius-SuperComputer-Man ... humans (Homo Sapiens) evolved about 200,000 years ago - not 'millions and millions' of years ago.

Please stop posting on this forum. You are making a fool of yourself and it is painful to watch.
  • Reply 112 of 219
    drfwdrfw Posts: 13member
    In an all things D interview with Walt Mossberg the VP of the Apple watch group said Apple never planned to release #s- but it's doing better than they expected.

It sounds like you may own one? I admit I thought it'd be a nice handy accessory replace my Omega for daily use- but it turns out when my phone is charging, on the desk, or away from me in the car or when I'm in conversation-- glancing down vs pulling out a phone for the things you mention (or not having to glance when driving and getting directions tapped to me) are "magical" as Steve would say. Maybe because I went in with no huge expectations is why I was blown away... Native Apps much like they were for the orig iPhone may move it from indispensable accessory to absolutely amazing alternative must have accessory by giving it many more truly unique uses! Right now for me it replaces a traditional watch and a Fitness device so that's a win!

Those comments may be a bit much. Someone can have an Apple Watch for 349.00 not exactly breaking the bank when an iPad Mini will cost more. I find people that own them either love them or have already grown bored with them. When I made a reservation to get one for my wife there was no line, I was able to get any reservation time I wanted and most models and bands were in stock.

While driving there is nothing the Apple Watch can do that my car doesn't already do paired with my iPhone, Hands free calls, texting, music, turn by turn navigation. 

For my calendar alerts and notifications it's really doesn't seem like a chore to look directly at my phone. The available apps are weak. In some cases the Apple Watch apps will not work unless the app is open on your iPhone. 

Calling a device that can do next to nothing without being paired to an iPhone a marvel is somewhat laughable. The biggest clue Apple always seems to know exactly how many iPhones have been sold yet for some reason there is still no official numbers released. We get words like "healthy" if that was Samsung you would be one of the first mocking them. 

It's great that you are in love with yours and find it useful that doesn't mean it's going to be a technology marvel. 
  • Reply 113 of 219
    shenshen Posts: 434member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by spock1234 View Post

Good. We are not image

Hey Genius SuperComputer Man ... Humans (Homo Sapiens) evolved only 200,000 years ago - not 'millions and millions' of years ago.

Please stop posting on this forum. You are making a fool of yourself and it is painful to watch.

Could be worse. He could have said 6000 years...

• Reply 114 of 219
    We're supposed to be impressed that you've working with supercomputing since you're 19? Big f'in deal. There are a lot of equally -- if not more -- accomplished people here.

Give me an Apple over a Cray any day.

That makes him an expert on wearables, in the same way that writing COBOL code on IBM mainframes since he was 19 makes him an expert on coding Swift on the iPhone. In other words, it's a meaningless appeal to his own authority.
  • Reply 115 of 219
    NBc may have had some street cred (but they've had one or 2 journalists get caught twisting things)- never heard of MSNBC that way.

I hate to admit it but the AI writing style does slant more as passionate editorial writing (person writing the letter in, not edited editorial pieces)- than journalism-- so they really should work on that.
    shen wrote: »

I assume you mean the street cred where you inflate 11 people to a study of 850 plus...
  • Reply 116 of 219
    You quote this vague worry-- but no cause. My grandmother worried an asteroid would hit earth tomorrow- she did so every day till she died. .

Maybe the IBM enterprise partnership worried your corp clients? The increased biz software for iPads? Or is it the expanded push into enterprise support at Apple Care? Perhaps the fact companies like Nordstrom are expanding iPad use? Selling my stock now!!!
  • Reply 117 of 219
    I've been a little disappointed in Apple since Steve Job's died. I own a Mac consultation business and believe me I know what I'm talking about more than 70% of you guys on here. My corporate customers are starting to worry about the direction Apple is going.

Uh, no. No, they're not. They don't "worry" about "Apple's direction since Steve died" like a bunch of concern trolls pretending to be "concerned" fanboys. Corporate clients treat Apple like any other vendor: it's all about pricing, support contracts, and durability of equipment. If Apple is no longer the right choice for them, they switch vendors. There's nothing else to it. I find it endlessly amusing how many armchair "business experts" out there wring their worried hands over Apple's business. Oh, you poor thing: you must be worried sick for Tim Cook. Have you let him know how much you care and your willingness to offer him much needed business advice from your many years of running a Fortune 100 tech company?
  • Reply 118 of 219
    robm wrote: »
    This is classic. Many rules of the troll on display here.
    FO you drive-by shootist
    e

It's weird that the minute someone has a valid argument you call him a troll. You probably just a average user that knows very little about technology. I am also sure your the type of guy who waits in line for days to get the newest iphone. Get a life and have a valid argument when you reply to someone's post instead of saying his a troll. For the record I've probably been using Apple products longer than you.
  • Reply 119 of 219
    foggyhill wrote: »
    Man, you're fracking funny, 70% of people here.... Just incredible...

I've actually used Apple products since 1979, PC's since day 1, Unix since before they were cool in the early 1980s and been on the internet since 1986 (BBS's since 1980).

Worked (with, on, in) nearly every network, language, IDE, Software, Hardware, system inside and out since the mid 1980s. I even compiled and used the first god damn versions of Linux and Apache when they were version 0 and you had to kludge code to make them work. I've got friends at Cern who actually know the guy who "invented" the world wide web (I'm using invented loosely here...)

Even then, I wouldn't claim to being superior to 70% of people here.
    What would that even mean and how would I know?
    How conceited would someone need to be to say such tripe.

I'm going to plainly call you a poser; you are good for comedy. You should go on tour, make sure to bring your Job shrine with you.

Myself, I can only claim to have been around ahem a very long time; and with that I hope to have accumulated a bit of wisdom and some useful knowledge.

I say this because anyone that has any knowledge of technology will stay objective to any company. That's a big problem today, people keep claiming brand superiority without knowing what they are talking about. Believe me having been in business for many years in the industry I've seen a lot.
  • Reply 120 of 219
    Sales # are going to be great, awesome. You can expect that out of brand loyalty, people's trust in Apple and it's position as a status symbol. A ton of watches will be sold but that is primarily a short term gain. Out of everyone that I know, most see it as cute but do not think it will help them improve their efficiency or day to day activities. In that sense it is only a luxury good similar to buying fancy golf clubs or purses which is great but it it is different from other Apple products. Right now it doesn't seem to have the same level of utility as a tablet, a phone, a Mac or even Apple TV. They may have only interviewed 11 millenials or collected 500+ surveys but among my friends (mostly millennials) I don't really see almost any excitement about it. A lot of the positive press seems to me to come from financial sites or sites where readers are looking at Apple's stock market and have a vested interest in its success. Maybe the iWatch 2 or 3 will be amazing but to a lot of people I talked to, to them the Apple Watch is not a matured product yet. Maybe that is a lack of OS optimization or something else that can be easily fixed but around my social network I've seen very little excitement. An excitement below that of the iPhone, iPod, or iPad.