New iOS 8.4 will enable Apple Music, Beats 1 on Tuesday; Sonos, Android support coming later this ye

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 74
    macapfelmacapfel Posts: 575member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

You can turn off shake to undo in iOS 9? Hallelujah!

Maybe everything will go smoothly Tuesday but why chance it? The last thing Apple needs is Twiiter to be full of people complaining about not catching the launch of Beats 1 because they couldn't download 8.4. Speaking of, if you search Twitter right now lots of people are confused about Apple Music and especially how iTunes Match will work. I'm a bit shocked at how poorly Apple has explained it.

Oh yeah! Exactly my thoughts. As an iTunes Match subscriber I really am confused about this. At least, an iTunes Match subscription should be included in Apple Music. For now, I'm sticking with iTunes Match only.

• Reply 62 of 74
    macapfelmacapfel Posts: 575member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splif View Post

Maybe...but the info is easy to find.

Easy to find is relative. I know enough people who don't get the different concepts of iTunes Match and Apple Music easily. Primarily, because they don't want to engage too much with such details. Which is why they switched to the Apple platform initially ...

• Reply 63 of 74
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    formosa wrote: »
    I don't have iTunes Match (and don't want it), but I want Apple Music. Does a subscription to Apple Music automatically upload my music to the cloud but leave my music files on my Mac untouched? This part isn't clear to me.

Yes, all your songs will be in the cloud (it will upload only those it can't match though). When it finishes uploading you are free to move your original files out of iTunes to keep it somewhere else, or keep it there.
  • Reply 64 of 74
    splifsplif Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MacApfel View Post

Easy to find is relative. I know enough people who don't get the different concepts of iTunes Match and Apple Music easily. Primarily, because they don't want to engage too much with such details. Which is why they switched to the Apple platform initially ...

I'm not sure what it is you want Apple to do. Are you saying there should be no explanation of the service? People shouldn't know what they are paying for?

• Reply 65 of 74
    splifsplif Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MacApfel View Post

Oh yeah! Exactly my thoughts. As an iTunes Match subscriber I really am confused about this. At least, an iTunes Match subscription should be included in Apple Music. For now, I'm sticking with iTunes Match only.

Looks like it is. What is the confusion? it says so right on the membership page.

• Reply 66 of 74
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splif View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by John.B View Post

You do realize that nothing on that page spells out how Apple Music will or won't work for those people who already have iTunes Match?

It says that iTunes Match is independent of apple music in other words if you don't have a subscription service you can pay the fee for iTunes Match. Do you have iTunes Match? Did Apple contact you & tell you it has been cancelled.

THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE (MEMBERSHIP):

What happens to my iTunes library?

Your iTunes library is still yours. You can access your entire collection from Apple Music or the iTunes app on Mac or PC.

How does Apple Music know what songs are in my personal library?

With an Apple Music membership, your entire library lives in iCloud. We compare every track in your collection to the Apple Music library to see if we have a copy. If we do, you can automatically listen to it straight from the cloud. If you have music that’s not in our catalog, we upload those songs from iTunes on your Mac or PC. It’s all in iCloud, so it won’t take up any space on your devices.

NON-SUBSCRIPTION (NON-MEMBERSHIP):

Does Apple Music work with iTunes Match?

Yes. Apple Music and iTunes Match are independent but complementary.

Learn more about iTunes Match

So if you're an iTunes Match subscriber and you're planning on becoming an Apple Music subscriber, you can cancel your iTunes Match subscription on June 30 when the streaming service goes live — since all of your non-iTunes-purchased songs will be uploaded to iCloud anyway.

If you're you're not interested in Apple Music and its streaming functions, and want to stick with just storing songs in iCloud and downloading them for local listening, iTunes Match will still be around.

So how does this work for people who already have iTunes Match?  Do they pay twice?  And for those who don't, do they only match those songs available on Apple Music?  Does the three month trial include iTunes Match?

For the epic fail that was the "One more thing..." for the Apple Music rollout, there was a lack of substance that would've been time better spent over a bunch of unprepared artists on stage or prerecorded.

• Reply 67 of 74
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    john.b wrote: »
    So how does this work for people who already have iTunes Match?  Do they pay twice?  And for those who don't, do they only match those songs available on Apple Music?  Does the three month trial include iTunes Match?

For the epic fail that was the "One more thing..." for the Apple Music rollout, there was a lack of substance that would've been time better spent over a bunch of unprepared artists on stage or prerecorded.

Match function is integrated into Apple Music.. with one major difference. The songs will be DRMed.

iTunes Match user can try Apple Music. Your songs will be integrated to Apple Music. Matched songs will be DRMed. It will be useless after you stop subscription. If you're certain you will pay for Apple Music you can cancel iTunes Match since it will be redundant.
  • Reply 68 of 74
    formosaformosa Posts: 261member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

Yes, all your songs will be in the cloud (it will upload only those it can't match though). When it finishes uploading you are free to move your original files out of iTunes to keep it somewhere else, or keep it there.

Thanks for response. I saw your post #65, which was helpful about the DRM part. But it sounds like my song files on my Mac are untouched, even though the matched songs (in the cloud) are DRM'ed. So if I cancel my subscription, I go back to my original (un-DRM'ed) song files. This is what I understand it to be for my situation. Thanks.

• Reply 69 of 74
    ms59ms59 Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sestewart View Post

I expect a disaster then. Apple can't handle iOS rollouts on day one without screwing up and server hang-ups. Double traffic for iOS and Apple Music will be horrible. Apple should have released this last week instead of pandering to the queers. 

I think you're probably best off heading to Microsoft as you've warned in other postings and maybe you can take your homophobic baggage with you, sadly it rather takes away from any rational opinions I'm sure you may have...

• Reply 70 of 74
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,069member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

Doesn't the Q stand for queer? Or is that another word that only people it applies to are allowed to say? image

it's the intent & context in which the word is used. i know you're intelligent enough to know the difference. you're simply using that rationale to add support to a narrow minded, ignorant pov—to which you apparently subscribe.
    the poster should still be banned.
  • Reply 71 of 74
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    mac_dog wrote: »
    i know you're intelligent enough to know the difference. you're simply using that rationale to add support to a narrow minded, ignorant pov—to which you apparently subscribe.
    the poster should still be banned.

Do you subscribe to Political Correctness Weekly?
  • Reply 72 of 74
    dalepdalep Posts: 3member

Well Its gone sort of live, it currently streaming 'Ambient 1: Music for Airports 

• Reply 73 of 74
    I'm confused about the Match/Music thing. Yeh, I've read the blurb Apple have provided but I still don't get how the two will work.

Will all my Match music still be available, but with a separate Apple Music tab in the Music App?

Doesn't really make that much difference to me, I'm not renewing my Match subscription, I've had way too many issues, the latest one being my albums have split up. I've now got 4 artists all called Beastie Boys, albums are scattered across them all. Pathetic.
  • Reply 74 of 74
    Actually, it seems to be possible to stream Apple Music via AirPlay to Sonos speakers! I just tried this SonoAir app from http://sonoair.mihosoft.eu/ and it worked well. Only at the beginning it took a while to discover my devices. I had to reboot once. Now it works perfectly!