Apple Music service goes live with redesigned app, out now in iOS 8.4

Comments

• Reply 21 of 72
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,063member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinpeterson View Post

This is he slowest download off any recent iOS updates.. I wonder if this is the one people are actually updating instead of wait-and-seeing and the servers are taking a hit. image

Mine took about 10 minutes start to finish. Was the fastest one I can remember. 

• Reply 22 of 72
    *Yawn* Why am I going to pay for this? Don't get me wrong, I'll rock the free trial at some point.

Spotify AdBlock Plus = free web streaming, & I already pay for SiriusXM, which has a zillion channels I already like, Colorado Public Radio already has an indie station (the one spot I feel SiriusXM falls short) WXPN, WBGO web streams...

Great option for a lot of peops, I just personally wish Apple would devote more time to stuff I care about. Right now I'd like cheaper iCloud photo syncing (which I only use because it frees up space on my device, not because I like it).
  • Reply 23 of 72
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinpeterson View Post

This is he slowest download off any recent iOS updates.. I wonder if this is the one people are actually updating instead of wait-and-seeing and the servers are taking a hit. image

It went live about 7:50 PDT or so, so I was one of the first to grab it, and it only took a few minutes.

• Reply 24 of 72
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eightzero View Post

There's an update to iTunes so all this is available on OSX? Haven't looked yet - mac is at home.

No new iTunes yet.  When you try to listen to Apple Music through the web, it says iTunes 12.2 is required, but directs you to download iTunes 12.1.2.

• Reply 25 of 72
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    And Beats 1 is off to a TERRIBLE start!!

They've been playing uninteresting slow ambient music for the past hour and the DJ cuts in mid song to ramble a few words or play random sound effects.

The DJ is LITERALLY testing sound equipment in the middle of the music!!

Just now I heard the studio mic turn on and heard a small Commotion. WTF?!!!!!!

I expected a celebration! Party music for the launch! Not this boring noise. It's killing my celebration of the ?Music launch????

Oh geez just now I heard the DJ cut into the microphone and say "5 minutes!!" Again, MID-SONG.

Zane Lowe get this clown off now!!!!
  • Reply 26 of 72
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cali View Post

They've been playing uninteresting slow ambient music for the past hour and the DJ cuts in mid song to ramble a few words or play random sound effects.

I expected a celebration! Party music for the launch! Not this boring noise. It's killing my celebration of the ?Music launch????

Oh geez just now I heard the DJ cut into the microphone and say "5 minutes!!" Again, MID-SONG.

It just started now. The ambient music wasn't part of the radio show. They were still testing. They've been playing the same ambient song over and over. Why are you complaining about a radio show that wasn't even started yet? 

• Reply 27 of 72
    rogifan wrote: »
    One thing I wish Apple would have done is when you first sign up for the service ask you if you're currently using another service and if you have any playlists you want to import. I hardly ever used iTunes and have very little paid iTunes music so some of its recommendations don't have much to go off of. My Spotify playlists are large. If there's not an easy way to import that might be a deal breaker for me.

Taylor Swift? Sonos support? Celebrity DJs? Great pricing?

Ummm well.... If ?Music doesn't do my dishes it's a no go for me.
  • Reply 28 of 72
    crimguycrimguy Posts: 124member
    That's kinda awesome in a way. If it's a hit, in 20 years you'll be telling your kids about it.
    cali wrote: »

• Reply 29 of 72
    boltsfan17 wrote: »
    It just started now. The ambient music wasn't part of the radio show. They were still testing. They've been playing the same ambient song over and over. Why are you complaining about a radio show that wasn't even started yet? 

Ok it just got bad ass!!

Still sounded very unprofessional and annoying. I would have rather a "launching at 9AM" and silence on the station that this cr*p.
  • Reply 30 of 72
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member
    Quote:

Knee jerk react much?  It hadn't started, and Brian Eno is a fantastic artist with a rich history of music with widely varying styles.  It's on now, with more "party-like" tunes.  But it really doesn't seem like you're in a party mood anyways.  Sounds like your mood would match better with death metal (random ranting over chugging guitars).

• Reply 31 of 72
    crimguy wrote: »
    That's kinda awesome in a way. If it's a hit, in 20 years you'll be telling your kids about it.

I love ALL music. I just didn't think it was appropriate for the first to log on to hear. I'm sure it turned a lot of people off.
  • Reply 32 of 72
    auxio wrote: »

Knee jerk react much?  It hadn't started, and Brian Eno is a fantastic artist with a rich history of music with widely varying styles.  It's on now, with more "party-like" tunes.  But it really doesn't seem like you're in a party mood anyways.  Sounds like your mood would match better with death metal (random ranting over chugging guitars).

I know who he is. The song was okay. Just didn't think it made a good first impression for most people who don't know when the station "starts".

I myself left for a while cause it was getting irritating but I knew it would get better. Most early adopters probably think it's an ambient station now lol.
  • Reply 33 of 72
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member
    Quote:

I myself left for a while cause it was getting irritating but I knew it would get better. Most early adopters probably think it's an ambient station now lol.

I think Apple is targeting people who are more open-minded to music than those who would simply listen for 10 seconds and dismiss because it doesn't fit what they've been programmed to listen to.  There's plenty of pop music stations for those people.

• Reply 34 of 72
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    I'm liking Apple Music quite a lot already. It integrates well the existing library, it's like a good version of Spotify!
  • Reply 35 of 72
    Moving Beats family plan over is a pain.
  • Reply 36 of 72
    auxio wrote: »
    I think Apple is targeting people who are more open-minded to music than those who would simply listen for 10 seconds and dismiss because it doesn't fit what they've been programmed to listen to.  There's plenty of pop music stations for those people.

That's me and I agree. I've made music of different genres and love discovery.

I just didn't like the live testing. I've DJed sets and never tested the mic or sound effects live like that.
  • Reply 37 of 72

The non-customizable bottom nav bar is a great upgrade. Not.

• Reply 38 of 72
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

No new iTunes yet.  When you try to listen to Apple Music through the web, it says iTunes 12.2 is required, but directs you to download iTunes 12.1.2.

Yeah, I'm waiting for this too because I want to see if Lion will still get the update. Fingers crossed.

• Reply 39 of 72
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

I'm extremely impressed by Apple Music. Very well put together app. Also, it's only "complicated" if you don't can't 5 min to figure everything out. Oh, the horror. People are so fucking entitled and lazy these days. 

• Reply 40 of 72
    carthusiacarthusia Posts: 583member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eightzero View Post

Mine took about 10 minutes start to finish. Was the fastest one I can remember. 

yeah, me too. lightning fast.