Apple Music service goes live with redesigned app, out now in iOS 8.4

Comments

• Reply 41 of 72
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    elijahg wrote: »
    I'm liking Apple Music quite a lot already. It integrates well the existing library, it's like a good version of Spotify!

It's pretty good!!

The service seems like a way better version of Beats Music too.

Looks like you can easily integrate your purchased music and streaming music. It all shows up in the cloud and seems you can make playlists with both.
    This is nice considering I have Gigs of purchased stuff.

Beats 1 has Eminem interview tomorrow, song debuts, Dr. Dre this weekend and Zane Lowe is killing it!
  • Reply 42 of 72
    carthusiacarthusia Posts: 583member

?Music is an embarrassment of riches. Will I get any work done today?!? Beats 1 Radio is amazing. Some expectable promos, but no commercials. I tuned very early and heard Brian Eno-Ambient 1: Music for Airports. One of my favorite LP's of all time. I have it on vinyl, but haven't heard this on the radio in decades. Well done!

• Reply 43 of 72
    There's already a Top Charts section lol.
    I wonder if I stream a song a few times if it will make the chart. :p

For those saying the last performance during WWDC was a "nobody".
    That song is currently number 4.
  • Reply 44 of 72
    carthusiacarthusia Posts: 583member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cali View Post

It's pretty good!!

The service seems like a way better version of Beats Music too.

Looks like you can easily integrate your purchased music and streaming music. It all shows up in the cloud and seems you can make playlists with both.

This is nice considering I have Gigs of purchased stuff.

Beats 1 has Eminem interview tomorrow, song debuts, Dr. Dre this weekend and Zane Lowe is killing it!

I agree...Zane is absolutely crushing! I see what all the fuss is about with him. It's definitely not for everyone, but I love it.

• Reply 45 of 72
    Quote:

There's already a Top Charts section lol.

I wonder if I stream a song a few times if it will make the chart. image

For those saying the last performance during WWDC was a "nobody".

That song is currently number 4.

I think "Top Charts" right now is based off of iTunes MS downloads.

• Reply 46 of 72

mine isn't working. its crashed!!! anyone else iPhone 6 here

• Reply 47 of 72
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member

Uh Oh, the Mac OS X 10.10.4 comes with no iTunes update?

Apple Music launches only on iOS devices today?

• Reply 48 of 72
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

So, where is Beats1?  When I click on the Radio button at the bottom, the page is blank.

• Reply 49 of 72
    Buggy update at first, but working now. When I first downloaded the update it kept asking for my password over and over. I did a hard restart and that fixed it. I'm not doing the monthly thing because I have a garage-full of CDs that I need to add to my playlist first.
  • Reply 50 of 72
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    rogifan wrote: »
    One thing I wish Apple would have done is when you first sign up for the service ask you if you're currently using another service and if you have any playlists you want to import. I hardly ever used iTunes and have very little paid iTunes music so some of its recommendations don't have much to go off of. My Spotify playlists are large. If there's not an easy way to import that might be a deal breaker for me. I don't want to have to recreate playlists that have thousands of songs in them.

Head over to 9to5mac for instructions on how to do that.
  • Reply 51 of 72

Yes, same here. Just do a hard restart and you will be fine.

• Reply 52 of 72
    welshwiz wrote: »
    mine isn't working. its crashed!!! anyone else iPhone 6 here

Hold the Home button and On button until the Apple logo shows. Try again.
    icoco3 wrote: »
    So, where is Beats1?  When I click on the Radio button at the bottom, the page is blank.

Same as above. Reset the device.

I can see myself listening to this everyday.
  • Reply 53 of 72

My update is actually... still not updating.. it's frozen at the "requesting download" screen and has since about 9:04 Denver time. 

I went to update directly from iTunes, but iTunes thinks since I have 8.4 I have the  most recent software.. 

Do I have to restore and update manually? And.. how do I do that? I don't remember where to find the file..

• Reply 54 of 72

It sounds like you have your iPhone plugged into the computer for an update. Personally, I just update my devices (iPhones, iPads) by themselves via the Settings App>General>Software Update. To hard restart your iPhone hold down the Home Button (ID button on the front) and the button on the right side. Hold these for a few seconds until the screen goes dark. Let go, wait a few seconds, then hold the same buttons again until the screen boots white with the Apple Logo. Then check your iTunes App: it should be the new one that invites you to a new subscription.

I doubt you need a full restore of your iPhone.

• Reply 55 of 72
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gunfire7642 View Post

Just a general comment. Apple just seems to be forgetting that people want to be out and about listening to Apple music. But streaming idk it might just make my data plan expensive. Not to mention I get a monthly fee for the service. Love the idea. But the costing isn't great. Love to see telco company's on board for free streaming.

Music has an offline option, so you can download in WiFi zones and listen later.

• Reply 56 of 72
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member
    Quote:

Same as above. Reset the device.

Ta-Da...thx

• Reply 57 of 72

It sounds like you have your iPhone plugged into the computer for an update. Personally, I just update my devices (iPhones, iPads) by themselves via the Settings App>General>Software Update. To hard restart your iPhone hold down the Home Button (ID button on the front) and the button on the right side. Hold these for a few seconds until the screen goes dark. Let go, wait a few seconds, then hold the same buttons again until the screen boots white with the Apple Logo. Then check your iTunes App: it should be the new one that invites you to a new subscription.
    I doubt you need a full restore of your iPhone.

Oh, no, I meant it's stuck on my OTA update screen, so I attempted to download via computer, but that also isn't working. I heard that I should try to delete my beta profile and try again, but it's still stuck on the update software screen, on both iPad and iPhone. The wheel just keeps turning. :(
  • Reply 58 of 72
    yuck9yuck9 Posts: 112member

Total Fail on Apple. Updated to the new iTunes but beats still tells me to update iTunes.

Skip it. Not worth my time.

Update's on mac worked. All 4 of them. 

• Reply 59 of 72
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member

Pretty sad when iTunes 12.2 is available for Windows before being released for Mac.  When iTunes directs me to the web, it has the 12.1.2 download and now with an iTunes 12.2 coming soon.

• Reply 60 of 72
    They did it.
    It's fucking awesome.