But where is Apple Music?

Posted:
in macOS edited June 2015

I thought Apple Music was supposed to be available on a Mac.  I downloaded and installed 10.10.4 but no Apple Music.  What's up with that?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    jiminsd wrote: »
    I thought Apple Music was supposed to be available on a Mac.  I downloaded and installed 10.10.4 but no Apple Music.  What's up with that?

It's supposed to be in iTunes 12.2 so check what version you have. It might not show up as an available update right away:

http://macdailynews.com/2015/06/30/itunes-12-2-missing-in-action-as-apple-music-beats-1-launch/
  • Reply 2 of 3
    jiminsdjiminsd Posts: 20member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimInSD View Post

It's supposed to be in iTunes 12.2 so check what version you have. It might not show up as an available update right away:

http://macdailynews.com/2015/06/30/itunes-12-2-missing-in-action-as-apple-music-beats-1-launch/

Well that's the issue then.  The OS X 10.10.4 update only included iTunes 12.1.2.27.  I double checked the App Store earlier and no other updates were available so apparently Apple wasn’t ready to release Apple Music on the Mac platform earlier today.  I just checked now (around 4 pm Pacific) and iTunes 12.2 is available and downloading.

• Reply 3 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    jiminsd wrote: »

Well that's the issue then.  The OS X 10.10.4 update only included iTunes 12.1.2.27.  I double checked the App Store earlier and no other updates were available so apparently Apple wasn’t ready to release Apple Music on the Mac platform earlier today.  I just checked now (around 4 pm Pacific) and iTunes 12.2 is available and downloading.
    iTune 12.2 just appeared in my Mac App Store.