Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Where are you? Greece?

India.

Too soon for Greece jokes...

• Reply 42 of 53
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

How will this affect my carrier data plan?

I assume that streaming is like any other form of data usage (that is, while on LTE, not wireless.)

I already "stream" YouTube music (videos that I listen to with phone in pocket) at the gym. It's not as carefully organized a method, but I often loop the same one or two songs. Beyond that, I usually enjoy my music collection on my Mac, rather than on my iPhone or iPad. 

Other than that, I already own most of the music I like and I prefer to purchase music anyway, so I'm not sure how I'd benefit from this service, though for those who are all about streaming it sounds great. 

Save for offline when you're on wifi.

• Reply 43 of 53
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Save for offline when you're on wifi.

Makes sense. Thank you. 

I'm not sure whether saving for offline is actually saving it in the sense that it's mine (as in, I've bought the music file, as part of a monthly flat-rate fee), but it does allow me to at least save on data. 

I'll admit that the service is way more convenient than messing around with 320kb mp3 files, not to mention FLAC files (and saving them to the appropriate player app, etc.) I can enjoy my high-quality files at home, while turning to Apple Music as an option on the go, where I'd (personally) be less concerned about sheer quality. The question is whether the convenience of not having to manage files is worth the monthly subscription. Just might be...

• Reply 44 of 53
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,063member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shen View Post

Mine were there under recently played as playlists, and I have made 3 new ones already. Are you sure?

Oh. There they are. Thanks! But...I don't see how to make a new station. Seems that perhaps the new app is (unsurprisingly) best experienced when you sign up for the $10/mo option.

• Reply 45 of 53
    shenshen Posts: 434member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eightzero View Post

Oh. There they are. Thanks! But...I don't see how to make a new station. Seems that perhaps the new app is (unsurprisingly) best experienced when you sign up for the $10/mo option.

Not sure what the difference is, I signed up for the family trial first thing.

I have been searching for a song or artist, lower right corner when on that song or artist, on the "..." select start station.

But honestly, after you follow some artists and like a few song, the "for you" tab works pretty well. I haven't tried any classical stations yet, but everything else I like I have tried some of, and the selection is fantastic so far.

• Reply 46 of 53

Gotta say just a little bit of fiddling with the new app and service is sort of interesting. But I have to conclude that much of it really isn't for me. My music usage (as opposed to tastes) simply isn't enhanced by all the changes and offerings. Yes, I freely admit this is just me.

Much like all the excitement over gaming and TV shows, streaming and investing in music are things that simply aren't all that important to me. To those that these options are, I am thrilled, hope you enjoy.

One of the things I generally do is put on a radio station for  background activity while doing something else. I didn't last long on Beats 1. That is a matter of my particular taste, and again, I hope there are many that enjoy it. But it wasn't for me.

• Reply 47 of 53
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shen View Post

Not sure what the difference is, I signed up for the family trial first thing.

I have been searching for a song or artist, lower right corner when on that song or artist, on the "..." select start station.

But honestly, after you follow some artists and like a few song, the "for you" tab works pretty well. I haven't tried any classical stations yet, but everything else I like I have tried some of, and the selection is fantastic so far.

Cool. That's interesting, and good to know. Thanks for the info.

• Reply 48 of 53
    shenshen Posts: 434member
    Quote:

Gotta say just a little bit of fiddling with the new app and service is sort of interesting. But I have to conclude that much of it really isn't for me. My music usage (as opposed to tastes) simply isn't enhanced by all the changes and offerings. Yes, I freely admit this is just me.

Much like all the excitement over gaming and TV shows, streaming and investing in music are things that simply aren't all that important to me. To those that these options are, I am thrilled, hope you enjoy.

One of the things I generally do is put on a radio station for  background activity while doing something else. I didn't last long on Beats 1. That is a matter of my particular taste, and again, I hope there are many than enjoy it. But it wasn't for me.

Yeah I haven't listened to the actual "radio" stations yet, might try latter this week. I already have several "background" jazz, classic rock, and pop stations going pretty well though.

Going to try some stand up comedy today. Patton Oswalt is my first starting point..... Away we go!

• Reply 49 of 53
    oz0n3oz0n3 Posts: 1member

As a long time Apple match user I am disappointed I now have to pay $120 a year to listen to the radio.  Why was this taken away from the match subscribers?  I will be enjoying 3 months for free, but after that it is back to pandora one for me.

• Reply 50 of 53
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Reply 51 of 53
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member
    Quote:

The old "radio stations" from the prior version of radio appear to be gone, and you can't make new ones. iOS version only; haven't looked at OSX iTunes.

My old stations are there (in iOS) and show up in the "recently played" area. Going into that section shows all of them. They also showed up in iTunes (Windows). Haven't tried to make a station on my phone or iPad, but that's not something I ever did anyway.

• Reply 52 of 53
    eulereuler Posts: 81member

So, I am very confused what Apple Music, exactly.  How is it any different from iTunes Radio?

I have iTunes Match.  Am I losing it or is the duplicity with this Apple Music thing?

Thanks in advance....

• Reply 53 of 53
    The user and all related content has been deleted.