New video showcases Apple's participation in 2015 San Francisco Pride Parade

Comments

• Reply 41 of 193
    9secondko9secondko Posts: 929member
    I just love to see these homophobes squirm and scream and drag their feet and pray and be in denial that marriage equality is now the law of the land, federally. Better get used to it. It's here to stay.

So you champion 5 people telling the nation what they should do. This was previously and should still be a people vote. Not legislating from the bench.

And regardless of it now being legal according to the courts, its still not right, good, or moral.

And it's still sin.
  • Reply 42 of 193
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    poksi wrote: »

Hm... Do rich investors from "oil blessed" countries  share those core Apple values?
    Who cares? The minute apple starts listening to those people is when the end begins.
  • Reply 43 of 193
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    atlapple wrote: »

When the SCOTUS has to make a ruling and its a 5-4 vote with the Chief Justice actually reading his decent from the bench, it's not a new world. The LGBT community and Gay Marriage is no more accepted right now then it was before the ruling. If people were against it they are against it today. For some that may have been on the fence regarding the issue they are now most likely against it because in general the American population does not like having a court overturn the wishes of the people. 

Also just because Federal law now says they can get married doesn't mean the states are just going to go along with it. Our Federal government tends to pick and choose what laws they want to enforce, state legalization of pot in Colorado is a perfect example. Colorado is violating Federal law, yet the government is doing nothing about it. 

When all the parties and parades are over everyone is going to come to the conclusion nothing has really changed. A court can't make someone accept something they don't want or like. Having a court force something upon a state or the people of that state doesn't breed acceptance it will only breed more hate.

Also if anyone thinks that once SCOTUS makes a ruling nothing can be done or it will never change then I suggest you read something like the Dred Scott v. Sandford ruling in 1857, clearly that ruling isn't in effect. It's somewhat amazing to me that people think something that is so divisive it needs SCOTUS to rule on it that somehow means progressive change.

On a side note it would be nice is Tim Cook concentrated more on his job, since becoming CEO his rollouts of new hardware and software pretty much suck. 

It says a great deal when Canada and other modern democratic countries have had gay marriage including full LGBT rights for YEARS, and are perfectly fine with it. It isn't even an issue.

Gay marriage isn't the problem. American cultural values ARE the problem. Backward and divisive, they're in the toilet.
  • Reply 44 of 193
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DiegoG View Post

Happy employees are productive employees. Supporting rights for all of their employees creates benefits for the company that go beyond what the company produces for the consumer.

Why isn't Tim Cook out there marching for his employees with religious beliefs?

• Reply 45 of 193
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    9secondko wrote: »
    So you champion 5 people telling the nation what they should do. This was previously and should still be a people vote. Not legislating from the bench.

And regardless of it now being legal according to the courts, its still not right, good, or moral.

And it's still sin.

This ^^^ is why America is a social nightmare.

I don't always agree with the SCOTUS. On some issues they haven't legislated far enough in terms of the social good. It was, however, nice to see recent strides made in Hate Crime legislation. But for once on the LGBT front, they're *finally* legislating like it really is 2015.
  • Reply 46 of 193
    diegogdiegog Posts: 135member
    It's not new...just changing. This ruling is similar to the past such as interacial marriage, segregation, voting rights for women and minorities. Have there been bad rulings in the past? Sure..Dred Scott is one of them. But to say that the SCOTUS Marriage Equality Ruling is worng just becuase the SC got some calls wrong in the past, in cases that were viewed by totally diffferent justices, in a different time. I'm sure in a hundred years some calls made this year may be overturned. Unlike some people on this board, culture and society do eveolve and we change. Oh, and for those who are on the fence, it really doesn't matter. This issue will be forgotten in a few months as it should. the majority of ameericans support it and more and more will over time. And the court SHOULD be the final word. That is how the constitution works, good or bad.

Also, though some arrogant posturing presidential candidates have threatened to withhold a Human, and now Consitutional right, as of today, all of them have been shut down. Anyone is free to marry now. Anyone who says otherwise is breaking the law. Though Colorado may be violating federal law it's already received word from the fed govt that it won't be defending the marijuana ban similar to how it handled DOMA. It wasn't as if Colorado went rogue or something.

When all the parties and parades are done...which mind you werent becuase of this ruling...it's happens every year in June...nothing will have changed...for straight people. They will be able to go on with their lives. Worship as they will. Get married like they did before. Buy groceries. etc etc etc. This will in no way have any significant affect on society as a whole. But it will be good since now we have gotten rid of another seperate but equal law. People bloviating about how this law is being forced on them are the same ones that railed against the govt for ending segregation and interracial marriage. They are a generation and mentality that are thankfully fading away into the past.

When the SCOTUS has to make a ruling and its a 5-4 vote with the Chief Justice actually reading his decent from the bench, it's not a new world. The LGBT community and Gay Marriage is no more accepted right now then it was before the ruling. If people were against it they are against it today. For some that may have been on the fence regarding the issue they are now most likely against it because in general the American population does not like having a court overturn the wishes of the people. 

Also just because Federal law now says they can get married doesn't mean the states are just going to go along with it. Our Federal government tends to pick and choose what laws they want to enforce, state legalization of pot in Colorado is a perfect example. Colorado is violating Federal law, yet the government is doing nothing about it. 

When all the parties and parades are over everyone is going to come to the conclusion nothing has really changed. A court can't make someone accept something they don't want or like. Having a court force something upon a state or the people of that state doesn't breed acceptance it will only breed more hate.

Also if anyone thinks that once SCOTUS makes a ruling nothing can be done or it will never change then I suggest you read something like the Dred Scott v. Sandford ruling in 1857, clearly that ruling isn't in effect. It's somewhat amazing to me that people think something that is so divisive it needs SCOTUS to rule on it that somehow means progressive change.

On a side note it would be nice is Tim Cook concentrated more on his job, since becoming CEO his rollouts of new hardware and software pretty much suck. 
  • Reply 47 of 193
    Why isn't he out there for PETA. Why isn't he out there for the spotted owl. I don't know. Being pro Marriage equality doesn't make you anti something else. Could it be that he supports the idea of marriage equality becuase it's a right that his been denied a section of the population that makes up a significant portion of his employees in terms of LGBT people and their supporters...NAWWWW that cant POSSIBLY BE IT.../s
    Why isn't Tim Cook out there marching for his employees with religious beliefs?
  • Reply 48 of 193
    atlappleatlapple Posts: 496member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

It says a great deal when Canada and other modern democratic countries have had gay marriage including full LGBT rights for YEARS, and are perfectly fine with it. It isn't even an issue.

Gay marriage isn't the problem. American cultural values ARE the problem. Backward and divisive, they're in the toilet.

I would say there isn't really anything great or even good about Canada. You are a social experiment gone bad. People literally die trying to get into the US, last time I checked that isn't the case when it comes to Canada. 

I find it interesting if we are so oppressive why isn't anyone trying to leave? We have about 12 million illegals we can't get out of the country with more trying to get in every day.

Blacks are always saying they are being oppressed by Whites yet I don't seem them going back to Africa and electing Al Sharpton their President. There are 66 countries where being gay is a crime 5-7 countries you could be put to death. 

Cook marches in a parade and gives a speech but still does business in China the worlds leader in human rights violations. Apple does business in Uganda, Nigeria, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia, all of these countries will either stone or hang people for being gay. 

Tim Cook is a promoter of human rights as long as it doesn't impact his bottom line. 

• Reply 49 of 193
    It's not sin if you arent Christian. If you want to force your religion down everyones throat be prepared for people to disagree with you. And while you are more than welcome to beleive what you want...and people will fully support you in your choice of religions, please keep it between you and your God. Nobody cares what you believe. And while it may be wrong to you and your religion, this isn't a theocracy so the constution trumps your personal beliefs..thankfully. But hey...I hear Isis has that religious oppression thing down...maybe you can join them if you enjoy that so much.

Oh..and it wasn't Tim's choice. He was born that way.

9secondko wrote: »

And it's still sin.
  • Reply 50 of 193
    atlappleatlapple Posts: 496member
    Quote:

It's not new...just changing. This ruling is similar to the past such as interacial marriage, segregation, voting rights for women and minorities. Have there been bad rulings in the past? Sure..Dred Scott is one of them. But to say that the SCOTUS Marriage Equality Ruling is worng just becuase the SC got some calls wrong in the past, in cases that were viewed by totally diffferent justices, in a different time. I'm sure in a hundred years some calls made this year may be overturned. Unlike some people on this board, culture and society do eveolve and we change. Oh, and for those who are on the fence, it really doesn't matter. This issue will be forgotten in a few months as it should. the majority of ameericans support it and more and more will over time. And the court SHOULD be the final word. That is how the constitution works, good or bad.

Also, though some arrogant posturing presidential candidates have threatened to withhold a Human, and now Consitutional right, as of today, all of them have been shut down. Anyone is free to marry now. Anyone who says otherwise is breaking the law. Though Colorado may be violating federal law it's already received word from the fed govt that it won't be defending the marijuana ban similar to how it handled DOMA. It wasn't as if Colorado went rogue or something.

When all the parties and parades are done...which mind you werent becuase of this ruling...it's happens every year in June...nothing will have changed...for straight people. They will be able to go on with their lives. Worship as they will. Get married like they did before. Buy groceries. etc etc etc. This will in no way have any significant affect on society as a whole. But it will be good since now we have gotten rid of another seperate but equal law. People bloviating about how this law is being forced on them are the same ones that railed against the govt for ending segregation and interracial marriage. They are a generation and mentality that are thankfully fading away into the past.

The thing I don't like about SCOTUS is they have become even more political then our political system which is bad. First I'm not sure Ruth Bader Ginsburg is even awake during these hearings and the other three liberals will vote lock step no matter what issue. Same on the other side with either Kennedy or Roberts being the deciding vote one way or the the other. It's become a bad joke. 

I don't have an issue with Gay Marriage I have an issue with Tim Cook because I feel he is a hypocrite. Does business with some of the worst countries in the world when it comes go gay rights and then there is China a country that could be the leader in human rights violations. 

I posted this comment just before my reply to you, Tim Cook is an activist unless it impacts the bottom line. When he pulls Apple out of Uganda, Nigeria, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia then I won't think he is utterly full of shit. 

• Reply 51 of 193
    smurfmansmurfman Posts: 119member
    Sexual obsession – not becoming of any society.
  • Reply 52 of 193
    EGO...Everyone's Got Opinions

Not all of them can be correct....

The thing I don't like about SCOTUS is they have become even more political then our political system which is bad. First I'm not sure Ruth Bader Ginsburg is even awake during these hearings and the other three liberals will vote lock step no matter what issue. Same on the other side with either Kennedy or Roberts being the deciding vote one way or the the other. It's become a bad joke. 

I don't have an issue with Gay Marriage I have an issue with Tim Cook because I feel he is a hypocrite. Does business with some of the worst countries in the world when it comes go gay rights and then there is China a country that could be the leader in human rights violations. 

I posted this comment just before my reply to you, Tim Cook is an activist unless it impacts the bottom line. When he pulls Apple out of Uganda, Nigeria, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia then I won't think he is utterly full of shit. 
  • Reply 53 of 193
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    I have no problem with LGBT people, but I can't understand why some of us love to shove our sexuality into the faces of others. Is that really necessary?

As far as marriage is concerned, that was originally a Christian ideal, and so isn't compatible with same sex couples. What is wrong with a civil partnership? In the UK at least, it gave you identical rights to marriage.
  • Reply 54 of 193
    Quote:

Why isn't he out there for PETA. Why isn't he out there for the spotted owl. I don't know. Being pro Marriage equality doesn't make you anti something else. Could it be that he supports the idea of marriage equality becuase it's a right that his been denied a section of the population that makes up a significant portion of his employees in terms of LGBT people and their supporters...NAWWWW that cant POSSIBLY BE IT.../s

Why isn't Tim Cook marching for his minority employees? His handicapped employees? Females? Suicidal Chinese factory employees who make Apple products and work long hours at a highly stressful job with low income???

If Cook were showing support for his religious employees - which statistically speaking, most likely outnumber his gay employees by a very large margin, that would not mean that he was against same-sex couples. 

Ducking my question with childish sarcasm is not an answer, so I'll say it again: Why isn't Tim Cook out there marching for his employees with religious beliefs?

• Reply 55 of 193
    I know right! Evangelicals need to drop it before they destroy society.
    smurfman wrote: »
    Sexual obsession – not becoming of any society.
  • Reply 56 of 193
    geekygeeky Posts: 10member
    Quote:

I don't always agree with the SCOTUS. On some issues they haven't legislated far enough in terms of the social good. It was, however, nice to see recent strides made in Hate Crime legislation. But for once on the LGBT front, they're *finally* legislating like it really is 2015.

America was founded on belief in god just look on the dollar bill, it says in god we trust

belief in god has been deeply rooted in american society until the last century and a lot of people still believe  

• Reply 57 of 193
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LordJohnWhorfin View Post

I just love to see these homophobes squirm and scream and drag their feet and pray and be in denial that marriage equality is now the law of the land, federally. Better get used to it. It's here to stay.

Actually, "Marriage Equality" isn't the law. If it was, polygamists could be married too.

• Reply 58 of 193
    Quote:

And this is why America is doomed folks. The Supreme Court should not be legislating. Why do you think we have a legislative branch, which is Congress. The Supreme Court is not part of the Legislative Branch. It is the Judicial Branch.

• Reply 59 of 193
    kycubekycube Posts: 2member

Last time I checked people weren't born polygamists.

• Reply 60 of 193
    smurfmansmurfman Posts: 119member
    diegog wrote: »
    I know right! Evangelicals need to drop it before they destroy society.

GREAT comeback! /s