Apple's public betas of iOS 9, OS X El Capitan are now available [u]

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Regarding this beta "Apple has pushed out a small update to the operating system to address issues that could cause 32-bit apps to crash. The update is available to users on the public beta and those on the separate developer preview."

From 9to5Mac
  • Reply 42 of 47
    rabbynrabbyn Posts: 2member
    Just installed iOS 9 public beta on my iPhone 5s and so far it's all good...just the app AppleInsider which crash at opening lol
  • Reply 43 of 47
    jiminsdjiminsd Posts: 20member
    undefined
  • Reply 44 of 47
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Yes, you said so. But can you confirm? Have you successfully downgraded and activated iOS8?

I assume that Apple does know, so I don't need to try it myself.

• Reply 45 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by razormaid View Post

Sorry, I just saw a post come in that said "just restore from your last backup".  Actually that is NOT true.  In fact you WILL get a scary message (scary only because "now what do I do???") that says "You can not use this backup to restore from because it has an incompatible OS.  UGH!  That's why I had to go seek out the IOS 8.3 on Apple's site, wipe the iPad, install IOS 8.3, then upgrade to beta 8.4.3 because THAT was the last IOS that was used for THAT backup!  

So you can go back, but no you can NOT restore from an older IOS backup.  You'll have to do a clean install IOS 8, THEN you can use your backup that was linked to IOS 8.3 or 8.4 - which ever you used to make your backup.

Bottom line... just do the damn iCloud backup.  I hate it, but it worked so I'll give Apple that one.  <grin>  

But do NOT click on the option: iCloud Music Library when launching and starting your 3 month trial for the new Apple Music!!!  It will wipe out all your personal songs (stuff you added not bought) AND your playlists too!  I found that out while testing it in beta 8.4  The good news is, it's all still on your hard drive back up.  When you plug in your device if you have "iCloud backup" clicked in the summary window, quickly change it to MANUAL and click "re-sync" before it has a chance to do the sync that started when you plugged in your device.  Click your device, click music and you'll see it's all there.  Just let it sync manually and it's all back.  You can then use Apple Music till your heart's content, just NEVER click iCloud Music Library,  Problem solved.

It's Apple's statement on how to do it. Before I downloaded iOS 9, I did a backup on my computer.

• Reply 46 of 47
    Quote:

Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

Yep, that's why I'm using my iPad, well after a tryout I'm going back to 8.4 as mail is all over the place and it's all a bit too 'janky'

Split screen stuff is good and i will be looking forward to the final release.

No major problem with Mail on mine. Only thing I noticed it is when needing to enter a username and password on some sites such as CNN Money, the ability to do so from the keyboard is gone. The keyboard still pops up when tapping in the name space, but the offer to enter the name and password are gone. Don't know if that's a bug, or whether they will just need to add it back, or it's gone. I sure hope it's not gone, because that's one of the most helpful things around. A lot of sites forget the name and password after a couple of days on my iPad, at least.

• Reply 47 of 47
    holtonholton Posts: 6member

Can you install the beta on more than one mac?