Apple launches new iPod touch with 64-bit A8 CPU, 8MP camera, M8 motion coprocessor & 128GB capacity

Comments

• Reply 41 of 173
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,034member
    am8449 wrote: »
    I wonder who are buying iPod Touches.

Can anyone who has bought one recently chime in and say how you're using it?
    I plan to buy the Space Gray 128GB model to load up a lot of my iTunes Library. I think this model will herald an iPod touch resurgence among music lovers who own a large library of songs and gamers. It'll also make a great lightweight magicJack VOIP iPhone.
  • Reply 42 of 173
    Touch ID won't come to the iPod because it isn't always connected. Similarly, ? Watch needs to pull data and if the iPod isn't connected it becomes less useful. I believe because of this neither will come to or be able to sync with the iPod.
  • Reply 43 of 173
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aylk View Post

No.

iPod touch, 5s, 5c: 640 x 1136   

6: 750 x 1334    

6+: 1242 x 2208

I was inarticulate, I meant pixel density.  The Touch, 4" iPhones, and the iPhone 6 all have the same PPI.

• Reply 44 of 173
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Multimedia View Post

YET. I'd be surprised if watchOS 2 ?WATCH pairing with iOS 9 iPods and iPads isn't part of the master plan for ?WATCH diffusion. No logical reason to limit pairing to iPhones only.??????

There is no logical reason to allow it. Its idiotic. Some people still just don't understand the product. Its an iPhone accessory.

The Watch is useless without an active iPhone with constant data connection to feed and drive the Watch. Pair it with an iPod touch and you have a fraction of the functionality, and as soon as you leave the house, its like leaving your iPhone at home and taking just your Watch: useless.

• Reply 45 of 173
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,415member
    "??? It's the same resolution as all retina iPhones bar the 6 "

No, it's the same resolution of iPhone 5s.
  • Reply 46 of 173
    Quote:

Originally Posted by am8449 View Post

iPod Touches owners fall into 2 groups:

1) Kids who are too young for a phone.

2) Homeless people with discriminating taste in electronics.

• Reply 47 of 173
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

Or people who find their iPhone's battery life woefully inadequate. Or developers who want a way to test apps.

• Reply 48 of 173
    ...no ?Watch support.

Yet. I think Apple will reveal ?WATCH support, pairing capability, between all watchOS 2 and iOS 9 devices in September.
  • Reply 49 of 173
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

This seems like a very impressive update! An Apple device with an A8 processor starting at $199?

This is great for kids and for anybody else that does not need or does not want an iPhone /w cell plan.

• Reply 50 of 173
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

Or people who find their iPhone's battery life woefully inadequate. Or developers who want a way to test apps.

People who find their iPhone's battery life woefully inadequate usually buy a battery case not a second device that has to be charged, managed and carried separately.

• Reply 51 of 173
    Quote:

People who find their iPhone's battery life woefully inadequate usually buy a battery case not a second device that has to be charged, managed and carried separately.

iPhone 6 + iPod Touch is thinner than those ridiculous Mophie cases.

• Reply 52 of 173
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Multimedia View Post

...no ?Watch support.

Yet. I think Apple will reveal ?WATCH support, pairing capability, between all watchOS 2 and iOS 9 devices in September.

Yet. It ain't going to happen.

• Reply 53 of 173
    jollypauljollypaul Posts: 328member
    Quote:

Or people who want a high capacity music player... like the iPod used to be and could be again with a minor tweak to use currently available storage capacities.

• Reply 54 of 173
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

No TouchId?  Deal breaker.

Get real man. Touch ID was never going to happen. You want Touch ID, go buy an iPhone, problem solved.

Apple is going to sell a lot of these new iPod Touches. 

• Reply 55 of 173
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    How does ?Watch pair with iPod Touch when the latter doesn't have GPS?
  • Reply 56 of 173
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    am8449 wrote: »

My 9 yr old son uses it to play games, stream music, watch YouTube, take pics, and record videos that he then hyperlapses
  • Reply 57 of 173
    pmz wrote: »
    There is no logical reason to allow it. Its idiotic. Some people still just don't understand the product. Its an iPhone accessory.

The Watch is useless without an active iPhone with constant data connection to feed and drive the Watch. Pair it with an iPod touch and you have a fraction of the functionality, and as soon as you leave the house, its like leaving your iPhone at home and taking just your Watch: useless.
    I respectfully disagree. ?WATCH has a great deal of non-internet autonomy now and will have more so with watchOS 2 in September. While part of its functionality may be hindered without an Internet connection, most of it won't be and could seamlessly resume when a WiFi zone is entered. ?WATCH is beginning as an iPhone tethered Wrist Computer. But anyone who thinks it's just and only an iPhone accessory is failing to see the big picture watchOS 2 reveals.??????????????
  • Reply 58 of 173
    konqerrorkonqerror Posts: 685member
    Quote:

It's for the corporate market. People put on a laser scanner/pin pad case on it and use it as a mobile cash register. Give it to a hospital worker to see where patients should be moved to. This is the same reason why the iPad has a camera... it's not for taking pictures, it's a barcode scanner.

• Reply 59 of 173
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

iPhone 6 + iPod Touch is thinner than those ridiculous Mophie cases.

Yes, but far less practical.

The best selling iPhone 6 battery case on Amazon is $40!

I could buy 5 of them for the cost of the cheapest iPod Touch.

so iPhone 6 + 5 battery cases is much better battery life than those ridiculous iPod Touches.

• Reply 60 of 173
    Quote:

Yes, but far less practical.

The best selling iPhone 6 battery case on Amazon is $40!

I could buy 5 of them for the cost of the cheapest iPod Touch.

so iPhone 6 + 5 battery cases is much better battery life than those ridiculous iPod Touches.

That case is hideous.