Ship times for all non-Edition Apple Watch models improve to one day in US

Comments

• Reply 21 of 49

No surprise. The black sport band can't even hold up to even mild outdoor use let alone sporting activities! 

It's already "Peeling" badly and isn't even a month old :-( 

• Reply 22 of 49
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DougD View Post

I really don't see the need for wrist notification when my iPhone is in my pocket. I've talked to a lot of people who agree, ie think its ridiculous

Thanks for the incredible insight. How long did it take you to come up with that statement? I swear I've never heard it before. You should be proud of your originality. 

Oh, and I'm curious how you "talk to these people"- sounds like you go up to them and shove your opinion down their throats, at which point they just agree to get you to move along. That, or you hang around with real life trolls. 

• Reply 23 of 49
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Look like Sog is really short of Apple Watch on 15 million units by year end.

Based on what? 15 million still seems very possible to me. We have no clue how much its sold so far, but I'd say in the ballpark 6-9 million, and we still have 5 months to go, including a christmas season, the launch of WatchOS 2 with accompanying hype, etc. We'll see, but I'm bullish. 

• Reply 24 of 49
    maccaguymaccaguy Posts: 70member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Byars View Post

No surprise. The black sport band can't even hold up to even mild outdoor use let alone sporting activities! 

I've worn my on three 5K's I've ran plus 15-20 miles training every week and mine still looks good as new.

• Reply 25 of 49
    5150iii5150iii Posts: 96member
    No surprise. <span style="line-height:1.4em;">The black sport band can't even hold up to even mild outdoor use let alone sporting activities! </span>

I know 3 people so far that have the watch. The 2 that have the dark sport have knicks or scuffs they acquired soon after getting them and the SS owner has a clear protective case for it which IMO takes away from the look. All 3 had a black sport band on when I saw them. Though it is a small sample it puts the ASP above $400.
  • Reply 26 of 49

Unfortunately this is probably more to do with a drop in demand than an increase in supply. I work for a retail analyst and our store checks show browsers but not a lot of buyers, and often the display cases have no shoppers around them. Hopefully with version 2.0 of the OS there will be a killer app (maybe by a third party) that will make it a “have-to-have” rather than a “nice-to-have”. 

• Reply 27 of 49
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,275member

" Though my iPhone 6+ does fit easily into my Wranglers front pocket while yet letting me sit down in comfort, it's a bit of a chore to haul it out to see who's calling."

It's funny that getting one of the most advanced piece of portable technology out of one's pants could be considered a chore. Just sayin'.

• Reply 28 of 49
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,275member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielSW View Post

The only valid fact of the matter is that the Apple Watch is a great new Apple product, one which puts Apple into new markets, one which demanded unique logistical solutions, not all of which bowed to the release schedule.

I got my Sport 42 just at the end of the "constrained" period, and I didn't mind the wait at all, as my wife had tentatively intended to get me one for Christmas. But then Fathers Day rolled around which caught her in a good mood, so. . .

The watch is not for everyone, but on the other hand, it's for a broad range of people with varying needs and interests.

For me, I love the notifications and the phone calling/answering functions. Though my iPhone 6+ does fit easily into my Wranglers front pocket while yet letting me sit down in comfort, it's a bit of a chore to haul it out to see who's calling. The watch solves that nicely by vibrating and by displaying the caller's name.

I can also answer a call without hauling out my phone. Very nice.

I also like the "Modular" clock face with its customizable complications. I use the timer a lot, and I like to see the current temperature at a glance.

The heart rate app seems to give accurate reads, as I've checked it against the sensor on the treadmills at the gym, and they're only a couple beats off of each other.

The other big plus is Apple Pay. The watch app on the phone lets you load your cards, and a double taps on the lower button brings them up for holding against the terminal. It works great, and it's very reassuring to know that I'll soon not have to cary any cards, and that no cc data is being transmitted.

Let the trolls and minions moan and snarl. Apple's got yet another hit on its hands, and the Apple Watches will soon be ubiquitous.

It's funny that getting one of the most advanced piece of portable technology out of one's pants could be considered a chore. Just sayin'.

• Reply 29 of 49
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,403member
    fallenjt wrote: »

That's not what sog35 said.

You should pay attention.
  • Reply 30 of 49
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

I recall it was 15M sold within 12 months (one year).  So he has until end of April, 2016 essentially.  Lots of time for that.

• Reply 31 of 49
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DougD View Post

I really don't see the need for wrist notification when my iPhone is in my pocket. I've talked to a lot of people who agree, ie think its ridiculous

I think someone posting with certainty that a function is useless, without ever having the device and using the feature, is ridiculous.

• Reply 32 of 49
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,056member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

We have little doubt in these boards as to what you two geniuses think.

Pretty sure I said I wasn't sure. That's what I think now, and am open to someone explaining why I should conclude one way or the other.

What you think about me is completely irrelevant.

• Reply 33 of 49
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    brucemc wrote: »

I recall it was 15M sold within 12 months (one year).  So he has until end of April, 2016 essentially.  Lots of time for that.
    Originally he said 15M by the end of 2015 IIRC. At one point he had even surmised they might hit 15M within the first three months. After a couple of posts pointing out how hard that would be he changed it to within 12 months.

EDIT: Yup I did recall correctly.
    sog35 wrote: »
    LOLOLOLOL.

Looks like you will be banned for a month after they sell 15 million of these this year.

The demand is so intense you won't be able to do walk in's
  • Reply 34 of 49
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    jason98 wrote: »

It's good. Demand on $10k Edition series is so strong that Apple can't keep up.
    $10-17K!

Actually this is an interesting category, given Tim's strangely reflective footnote that the Edition would be available in a "very limited" offering. The watch is clearly intended to be exclusive, but it remains to be seen whether "limited" will be $500K watches, or 2 million. I'm also a little perplexed that considering the cost that all the Edition watches weren't manufactured first and sitting in a well guarded warehouse for immediate release to the wealthy further enhancing the exclusivity of the watch for the price. In other words all of the Editions should have sold out on day one if they are truly going to be sold in a limited fashion. This seems more like Apple is gauging interest in the Edition, and offering them for sale, perhaps as a limited percentage of the total of the other watches, which would explain why they are still lagging behind, despite only a limited number ever going to be sold.

My theory is that once Apple offers a mid-tier gold watch for the regular customer, when Apple announces new case materials this Fall as rumored, that the yellow gold Edition sales will come to an end, so that anyone who had their watch prior to that date will be known to have an Edition, and anyone afterworld have just a cheaper gold Watch. The rose gold may still be offered, as well as a Platinum Edition option.
  • Reply 35 of 49
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Apparently I have lost interest in my ?Watch. I have forgotten to wear it everyday this week. I never leave home without my iPhone, wallet, key or sunglasses. The watch is just not that important to me. I wish I liked it more, but I never was a watch guy to begin with.

• Reply 36 of 49
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Apparently I have lost interest in my ?Watch. I have forgotten to wear it everyday this week. I never leave home without my iPhone, wallet, key or sunglasses. The watch is just not that important to me. I wish I liked it more, but I never was a watch guy to begin with.

I have one - wear it everyday - have my pebble steel to on of my kids.

When people ask if its worth it get an apple watch - i say 

providing you have an iPhone (duh) and you normally wear a watch.

and to all those who think its pointless - it helps me a great deal with the running of my business, and in the evenings its very nice to be still connected, yet my phone sits on a charger in the house, and i can still take the rare call, or infrequent text, and check my emails occasionally  , and start stop music and control its volume while sipping a G&T, and later put on and play/pause a netflix movie.

• Reply 37 of 49
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    mstone wrote: »

You were "never a watch guy to begin with" but you bought an Apple Watch?
  • Reply 38 of 49
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

You were "never a watch guy to begin with" but you bought an Apple Watch?

why not?

When I'm asked - i suggest if they are not a watch person, they may not be wanting to keep using it, but I wouldn't stop someone. I bet some people have converted from not being watch people to being apple watch people.

• Reply 39 of 49
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    mike1 wrote: »

it is when you get as many notifications and texts as i do. it's far easier to flick my wrist and process at a glance.
  • Reply 40 of 49
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    mstone wrote: »

I take it you don't track your physical activity nor have physical activity goals....