Analysts bullish ahead of Apple's Q3 results, say iPhone sales could reach 50M+

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

AAPL is my largest holding. Split adjusted I paid around $11 per share. Great company with an average # of missteps. I think the Watch has been way overhyped, for example, and I don't listen to rap music or like Beats headphones. I wish Apple bought GoPro instead. But I <3 AAPL!

AAPL has "...an average number of missteps?" First, how did you come to that conclusion -- what is this average number, and will you share your analysis with us? Second, because you think it's 'overhyped' it's a misstep? Just trying to understand how your feeling about something becomes a misstep on Apple's part. Third, because you don't listen to rap (whatever the heck that has to do with Beats) or like their headphones, it constitutes a misstep on Apple's part?

You know that the plural of anecdote is not evidence, right? 

• Reply 22 of 32

This is an interesting moment in time for me.

I am 1 hour and 49 minutes into the Apple WWDC 2010 Keynote video. Watching the video that Steve Jobs introduced the iPhone 4, listening to Jony, Scott, Bob and others rave about the new device's features (FaceTime, Retina display, 5 MP camera) and the new iOS software then reading this article has me shaking my head about how far this company has traveled in less than ten years and where it could go during the next two years then then next ten years. I feel this company has a lot more going on that will surprise us all.

• Reply 23 of 32
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Nope. Look at the price history today.

EDIT: Today's low so far is $653, which was around noon EST, about the time I had last looked at it.

That's only ~2%. It's considered fluctuation, not "given back" since they hit 16% yesterday. Dude, do the math.

• Reply 24 of 32
    Quote:

Originally Posted by leavingthebigG View Post

This is an interesting moment in time for me.

I am 1 hour and 49 minutes into the Apple WWDC 2010 Keynote video. Watching the video that Steve Jobs introduced the iPhone 4, listening to Jony, Scott, Bob and others rave about the new device's features (FaceTime, Retina display, 5 MP camera) and the new iOS software then reading this article has me shaking my head about how far this company has traveled in less than ten years and where it could go during the next two years then then next ten years. I feel this company has a lot more going on that will surprise us all.

I wouldn't say what people said about Cisco years ago "sky is limit for growth", but Apple today is different company. They control their hardware, software, supplier channels, have great product portfolio and services and customer loyalty. Most important thing: their cash pile that they can use to develop new products, acquire new technology and increase R&D. I agree what Cook said: "We don't believe in such laws as laws of large numbers". There's no limit for growth if you keep making great products like iPhone and customers love it so much to come back for more.

• Reply 25 of 32
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

AAPL has "...an average number of missteps?" First, how did you come to that conclusion -- what is this average number, and will you share your analysis with us? Second, because you think it's 'overhyped' it's a misstep? Just trying to understand how your feeling about something becomes a misstep on Apple's part. Third, because you don't listen to rap (whatever the heck that has to do with Beats) or like their headphones, it constitutes a misstep on Apple's part?

You know that the plural of anecdote is not evidence, right? 

As an AAPL investor I'm entitled to an opinion. I don't think AAPL has been enriched by its relationships with Dr. Dre, Jimmy Iovine, and Beats, nor is Apple Music a radical improvement of iTunes. I do see long term prospects for the Watch once it becomes a standalone product but so far it's most compelling purpose is as an extension of the iPhone 6+. I said that when it was released and I stand by it.

• Reply 26 of 32
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    mj web wrote: »

As an AAPL investor I'm entitled to an opinion.

Of course, you are.

And as a fellow-AI poster, I am entitled to wonder (aloud) in which parallel universe your opinion makes sense.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sacto Joe View Post

I'm pretty sure we're going to blow well past $140 this year.

From your lips to Sog's ears! Personally, I'd be delighted with $140 by end of year.

• Reply 28 of 32
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    damonf wrote: »
    "The analyst separately called for flat iPad sales of 12.3 million units, and minimal contribution from updated iPods."

The iPod refresh didn't come until last week, which by my calendar was still in the month of July, not in Apple's fiscal quarter in question.

But there were iPods for sale this past quarter. It's not a new device.

Edit: ignore, I just saw the word 'updated'.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

From your lips to Sog's ears! Personally, I'd be delighted with $140 by end of year.

I believe so too. I think it may be close or only barely break the $140 by year end. 

• Reply 30 of 32
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

dont feel sorry for weak hands that sold at $120.

In fact it was there fault that the stock dropped that low in the first place.  If they did not sell at $125 and $122 it would have never dropped so low.  idiots.

But good for those who picked up new shares at a discount.  Unfortunately I was not able to since I'm way too overweight Apple already.

Sorry, but anyone who sold at $120 is an absolute fucking moron and deserved to lose money. If you're gonna buy Apple stock, maybe study history and understand how this stock works. You always buy when it drops, not sell, because it will always come back up stronger than ever.  When it slipped back to $120, that was an incredible buying opportunity, and although I pounced, I'm kicking myself for not picking up even more. 

• Reply 31 of 32
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

AAPL is my largest holding. Split adjusted I paid around $11 per share. Great company with an average # of missteps. I think the Watch has been way overhyped, for example, and I don't listen to rap music or like Beats headphones. I wish Apple bought GoPro instead. But I <3 AAPL!

..average # of missteps.

Your definition of "misstep" is pretty mind-numbing. Noone cares what music you listen to, nor if you like Beats, personally. Beats is insanely popular. It was a fantastic purchase and now Apple owns almost the entire mainstream headphone market. "Overhyped" is such a meaningless word- Apple marketed the Apple Watch to the best of its abilities, and the product is exactly as advertised- or better in some cases. When it comes to Apple products, everyone else does most of the hyping, not Apple itself. These are your "mis-steps"?

Hilarious.