How to download file from website->iphone->computer?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited July 2015

I am traveling soon and the hotel internet access is capped at 150kbs.  I want to use 4g on my iphone to download files and then put them on my computer.  So far, the best solution I have is to use dropbox to send the file from my home pc to my iphone, then use bump to get it from my iphone to my computer.  Rooting is not an option since this is a work phone.  

Is there a better way, or is this the best I can do with iOS?  Of course with android this is incredibly easy, but my android phone has a 2g data cap :-/.  Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    You can use tethering if the provider allows it, just make sure your 4G plan doesn't have a small data cap.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I actually got the download app to work by copying the entire URL to the file into the app. I can't use the download app go browse my files. I assume I'll be able to use bump to get the file off my iPhone but haven't tried it yet. I have a 5gb data plan so I shouldn't have a problem staying under that.
  • Reply 3 of 5

Of course I just discovered bu.mp has a 20mb file size limit, just great!  Now I have no way to get the file off of the phone onto my laptop.  I don't get why anyone with any technical knowledge would choose to buy an iphone this thing sucks!!!!

I also do not have the personal hotspot option on my iphone 5s, so I guess I can't tether either.

• Reply 4 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    paladyr wrote: »
    I guess I can't tether either.

Ask your 4G provider if you can tether.
  • Reply 5 of 5

I thing you can try KingDownloadManager Program for downloadig its the best Dowanloader software........