Apple is test producing iPad

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    [quote]Originally posted by cdhostage:

<strong>I doubt Apple will release a 10GB iPod. A 10GB iPad is reasonable though. I wonder what all that space ewill be needed for though - it would run OS X nicely, but where's the battery? What's the point, if you can't type&gt;? It has to have really good handwriting recgonitinton if it doens't!

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh I dunno, they could ask me if they could bundle this with it:

<a href="http://www.blackcat-software.com/mouseki.htm"; target="_blank">http://www.blackcat-software.com/mouseki.htm</a>;

[ 02-09-2002: Message edited by: Blackcat ]</p>
  • Reply 22 of 31
    What is the battery life of the Clie? It looks like the battery is in the hinge which gives it a longer, slimmer look compared to a shorter stouter iPod form.

I wonder if kormac has any news...
  • Reply 23 of 31
    Apple announces the first PDB, "Personal Data Bitch".

This remarkable new handheld device is key to Apple's digital hub strategy. If a Mac is the centerpiece of the digital hub, the workhorse of it, then the PDB is the voice of the digital hub. The PDB represents a number of firsts in the small, handheld digital device market:

1. The PDB will nag incessantly about upcoming appointments, so you'll never forget.

2. Miss an appointment, and the PDB will remind you of it for up to 9 months on a daily basis.

3. The PDB also includes features for reminders about taking out the trash, mowing the lawn, painting the shed, and trimming the shrubery.

First ever "nag scale" that lets you select the intensity of nagging. You can opt for anything ranging from a single reminder, to constant, non-stop reminders for a variety of projects and appointments.

The new PDB, always keep it at your side!
  • Reply 24 of 31
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    I wonder if they're testing this iPad for maximum absorbency?

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: Matsu ]</p>
  • Reply 25 of 31
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    On a serious note about timing. If there were a right time to get into the PDA market, and if Apple were going to use the palm OS as their PDA OS, then any pre-OS5 release would definitely be the 'wrong time'. To deliver the kinda integration and multimedia performance an Apple specific implementation would require, they'd need a strongArm core. They can't get that without OS5, and I doubt they'd go with WinCE/PocketPC/whatever they're calling it now. Of course none of this means that the mythical 'right time' is approaching. Even with exceptional multimedia features you still have what amounts to a very expensive calendar.
  • Reply 26 of 31
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    Fairly early iPad rumor, too.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by starland View Post

Taiwan newspaper reported that Invectec (iPod maker) is producing iPad for Apple. It include 10G hard drive and palm OS.

<a href="http://www.oeyvind.org/board/zboard.php?id=MacOSX&no=111"; target="_blank">http://www.oeyvind.org/board/zboard.php?id=MacOSX&no=111</a>;

I would like to translate the acticle for you, but the wording in the image is too small to read!

The title read:

(rumour of) Invectec received order from Apple

Test production of high end iPad

After reading this broad for three years, finally have somthing to contribute

[ 02-07-2002: Message edited by: starland ]</p>

• Reply 27 of 31
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Also goes to show iPad feminine hygiene jokes are so very old.
  • Reply 28 of 31
    the fact that iPad jokes are 8 years old make me happy, because everyone and his dog thinks they are so f----n smart because they can make the incredibly oblique leap to maxipads and think they are being funny.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    A 10 GB hard drive? Does such a critter even exist? And why a hard drive at 10 GB when solid state mass storage is available at much higher capacities for low dollars?
  • Reply 30 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

A 10 GB hard drive? Does such a critter even exist? And why a hard drive at 10 GB when solid state mass storage is available at much higher capacities for low dollars?

Check the date on the original post.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Check the date on the original post.

Ha ha!