Apple Pay's US roster adds 35 new banks, approaches total of 400

Posted:
in iPhone edited July 2015
Apple on Thursday added another 35 companies to the list of U.S. banks supporting Apple Pay, this time offering a more even split of credit unions and conventional banks.

Many past roster updates have skewed towards credit unions. With the latest Apple Pay now has close to 400 U.S. financial partners, and the number of U.K. partners should grow beyond a handful within coming weeks and months.

The full list of new U.S. institutions includes:
  • 1st Source Bank
  • Allegacy Federal Credit Union
  • Amarillo National Bank
  • American National Bank and Trust
  • Cambridge Trust Bank
  • CASE Credit Union
  • CME FCU
  • Coast Line Credit Union
  • Columbia Bank
  • Community Financial Credit Union
  • Eagle Federal Credit Union
  • Earlham Savings Bank
  • Eastern Bank
  • Evergreen Credit Union
  • Fidelity Bank
  • Federal Savings Bank
  • First Financial Bank
  • First National Bank and Trust
  • First National Bank of Omaha
  • FNB Community Bank
  • Heritage Family Federal Credit Union
  • Meritrust Credit Union
  • Pittsford Federal Credit Union
  • Premier Federal Credit Union
  • Quail Creek Bank
  • Reliabank Dakota
  • Reliant Federal Credit Union
  • Renesant Bank
  • SESLOC Federal Credit Union
  • Stanford FCU
  • The Summit Federal Credit Union
  • uMark Credit Union
  • Umpqua Bank
  • VisionBank
  • Y-12 Federal Credit Union
Apple Pay launched in the U.K. earlier this month with firms such as NatWest, Santander, and Ulster Bank in tow, but missing key entities like Halifax, Barclays, and HSBC, which have only promised support. Apple has also yet to define which countries the service might expand to next, although rumors have pointed to a Canadian debut in November.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    sd-diversd-diver Posts: 54member
    And still Ally Bank is missing...
  • Reply 2 of 13
    kent909kent909 Posts: 731member
    ~400 down only about ~6000 to go
  • Reply 3 of 13
    heryqkheryqk Posts: 4member
    And now, if only we could use Apple Pay in pertinent retail stores, it would be great !

Most stores still don't accept it or have disabled their terminals for Apple Pay usage (looking at you Home Depot).
  • Reply 4 of 13
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,064member
    Great. Now get some stores to offer to take it. I ask at the terminal, and get a blank stare from the clerks.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    tgr1tgr1 Posts: 33member
    eightzero wrote: »
    Great. Now get some stores to offer to take it. I ask at the terminal, and get a blank stare from the clerks.

Yes. Out here get Vons and Ralph's to accept it and then it will really be my go to payment.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    jkrarupjkrarup Posts: 10member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eightzero View Post

I totally agree. What good is it when you can use it anywhere?

Apple Pay WHAT...?

• Reply 7 of 13
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member

Really hoping for Canada to launch this year. Want to use ApplePay on the Apple Watch:).  Already enjoy using Passbook with some reward programs on AW. All the cashiers think it is really cool.

• Reply 8 of 13
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sd-diver View Post

And still Ally Bank is missing...

and Merriwest CU either. 

• Reply 9 of 13
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eightzero View Post

Write a check and hold up the line. That's how you punish them.

• Reply 10 of 13
    Until someone starts accepting Apple Pay, I'm not sure it matters how many banks jump on...Ann Arbor has thousands of businesses...6 take Apple Pay
  • Reply 11 of 13
    pennywsepennywse Posts: 155member
    I'm with everyone here, you can add banks to infinity, if the retailers won't support it, we're left sucking wind. Can't wait for Current C to flop and retailers to support.

Don't forget there is also a lot of Google Wallet consumers that can't use it either. If retailers Supported I would never use my card again.
  • Reply 12 of 13

Retailers will start implementing it. Apple Pay is the worlds most secure payment platform according to experts.

Retailers are liable for suit if they don't implement secure technology: see Target.

• Reply 13 of 13
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,296member
    Pro tip, fellows: stop asking the clerks, they don't have any idea. Just look on the terminal to see if it supports contactless cards from Mastercard or Visa. If it does, Apple Pay will work.