First photos of supposed 'iPhone 6s' front panel appear, points to mass production

Posted:
in iPhone edited July 2015
A set of photos posted to the Web on Thursday claim to show so-called "iPhone 6s" screens rolling off the production line, suggesting mass manufacturing of the next-generation handset has started.

The pictures were sent to French website nowhereelse by an "informant" who claims production of the so-called "iPhone 6s" front cover glass has begun in earnest, echoing reports of an early start to device assembly in early July.

As expected, the screen is aesthetically identical to current iPhone 6 models, though the source was unable to determine whether the material used is sapphire or alkali-aluminosilicate glass like Gorilla Glass. Also missing is proof of Force Touch capabilities. Apple is rumored to include the pressure-sensitive display technology, borrowed from Apple Watch, in at least one iPhone 6s model.

Supposed iPhone 6s leaks are starting to see wide distribution as Apple ramps up manufacturing. Last week, photos claimed to show a gold iPhone 6s Plus shell featuring a slightly modified internal design that reportedly boosts device rigidity. The photos' source said the casing felt smoother than current iPhone versions, leading them to believe Apple is employing a different type of aluminum this year.

The claims line up with a report from well-connected analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who in June predicted iPhone 6s will be made from the same 7000 Series aluminum currently seen in Apple Watch Sport.

Aside from Force Touch and potentially new materials, not much is known about Apple's next-generation iPhone. Reports and rumors point to a faster A9-series system-on-chip with 2GB of RAM, 12MP rear-facing camera and new rose gold color option, though evidence supporting such claims remains elusive.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    dachardachar Posts: 330member
    It's that well connected analyst again /s
  • Reply 2 of 10
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member

iPhone 6S will be 0.2mm thicker, 0.1mm wider and longer? That still fits in existing iPhone 6 case.

• Reply 3 of 10
    damn_its_hotdamn_its_hot Posts: 1,209member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dachar View Post

One of the group of analysts that ignored Apple's direction for earnings (which they beat) that caused a 7% drop in stock value when everyone figured that these "well connected" anal-ists always know better ¡

• Reply 4 of 10
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member

One of the group of analysts that ignored Apple's direction for earnings (which they beat) that caused a 7% drop in stock value when everyone figured that these "well connected" anal-ists always know better ¡

Leading to that filthy, filthy headline by Bloomberg which would have hit the trading desks about a nanosec after CapEx announcement was given.
    I refer to the CapEx cut linked to the failure of Apple to meet the well connected analysts sales projection for iPhones.
    Sick, insidious and blatant manipulation.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    robm wrote: »
    Leading to that filthy, filthy headline by Bloomberg which would have hit the trading desks about a nanosec after CapEx announcement was given.
    I refer to the CapEx cut linked to the failure of Apple to meet the well connected analysts sales projection for iPhones.
    Can you explain, please? I must have missed that.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    dachar wrote: »

I think AI puts that in every article with a reference to Kuo, just to mess with people. It's kind of funny now, like always calling Apple the Cupertino-based something or other.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Can you explain, please? I must have missed that.

"Apple Cuts $1 Billion From Capital Spending Forecast After IPhone Sales Miss"

That's the filthy bugger. Truly odious.

They followed up with this
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2015-07-22/apple-falls-after-iphones-guidance-disappoints

Lol - airheads getting paid for nothing.
    jeez - the spin they slip into the Apple analysis is sick.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    quinney wrote: »
    I think AI puts that in every article with a reference to Kuo, just to mess with people. It's kind of funny now, like always calling Apple the Cupertino-based something or other.

That may be true.
    I prefer to substitute - the "well known bullshit artist"
  • Reply 9 of 10
    virtuavirtua Posts: 209member
    I love it.....we see identical looking glass to iPhone 6 and they claim that 6s production has started hahaha
  • Reply 10 of 10
    damn_its_hotdamn_its_hot Posts: 1,209member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RobM View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damn_Its_Hot View Post

We're on the same page -- wish I'd noticed it was a prevalent pattern before now :embarrass. Think I should go flog myself for awhile.