New 'iPhone 6s' leak shows parts such as unified flex cables, camera and home button rings

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    theothergeofftheothergeoff Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

I thought I was the only one on this forum still using an iPhone 5.

I'm so gonna love having more than 16 GB this time around!

iPhone 4s is my main phone.  both front and back are shattered.  2... more... months...

• Reply 22 of 34
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobodyy View Post

I don't use a case and never have, but imo, it isn't even noticeable. ...

The only thing I worried about was the camera lens is sitting directly on the surface, but I think they were confident in the material covering it, a confidence I share - I'm pretty rough with my phones and while there is scratching on bottom half of the metal ring around it from being set and slid around, the lens looks as new as the day I got it. 

I have never used a case with an iPhone, never treated on with kid gloves, and I have never scratched a rear facing camera lens. 

• Reply 23 of 34
    clemynx wrote: »
    Damn protruding camera !!

I recommend buying a Samsung with a protruding camera. Because it's only wrong when Apple does it.
  • Reply 24 of 34
    I never even noticed the protruding camera until I read this article... :D

It's ammunition against Apple in the forum wars. ;)
  • Reply 25 of 34
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,645member

Oh... My... GLOB, there's a new iPhone coming out this fall?!?!?

Who cares about the design of internal parts.  We want specs (like the 12MP camera info).  Specs are leaks, internal parts, PCBs, and pieces are not.  The sum total is more than the parts when it comes to iPhones.

• Reply 26 of 34
    joninsdjoninsd Posts: 74member
    I thought I was the only one on this forum still using an iPhone 5.

I'm so gonna love having more than 16 GB this time around!

Nope, I have a 5 that I got right after release, been wanting to upgrade for awhile now. I'll be buying an iPhone 6s Plus 128 GB the first night I can preorder. So many great things released since the 5 came out.
  • Reply 27 of 34
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Eriamjh View Post

Oh... My... GLOB, there's a new iPhone coming out this fall?!?!?

Who cares about the design of internal parts.  We want specs (like the 12MP camera info).  Specs are leaks, internal parts, PCBs, and pieces are not.  The sum total is more than the parts when it comes to iPhones.

Well, if you can read the part number, specs and parts could be the same.

• Reply 28 of 34
    danielswdanielsw Posts: 906member
    sog35 wrote: »
    How much do you pay a month for Next?  how much data?

We have an iPhone 6 and a 6+ (both on Next) and an iPad Mini (pre-Next, subsidized) all sharing 10GB for (I think) $240. The 10GB package gives us some discounts. We've never gone over, but we've got Apple Music now, so we'll see how much data that eats.
  • Reply 29 of 34
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Based on iPhone 6/6+ sales, noone gives a flying **** about the protruding camera, except an infinitesimally tiny percentage of vocal forum dwellers. 

Don't confuse "people not liking the protruding camera" with "people hate the protruding camera so much they wouldn't buy the iPhone".

Strange how, before the iPhone 6, when any Android phone with a protruding camera was mentioned on here, it was slated for that particular design aspect. Now it's on the iPhone, it's not an issue. Personally, I think they should have made the phone thicker to accommodate the camera to make it flush. It still wasn't going to be a thick phone even if they did.

• Reply 30 of 34
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Evilution View Post

Don't confuse "people not liking the protruding camera" with "people hate the protruding camera so much they wouldn't buy the iPhone".

Strange how, before the iPhone 6, when any Android phone with a protruding camera was mentioned on here, it was slated for that particular design aspect. Now it's on the iPhone, it's not an issue. Personally, I think they should have made the phone thicker to accommodate the camera to make it flush. It still wasn't going to be a thick phone even if they did.

I find the size of the iPhone 6 annoying, and I find the protruding camera annoying. I would prefer a smaller phone, and a flush camera.

But both are compromises I will probably happily live with when I buy my next iPhone this autumn. 

• Reply 31 of 34
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member

I'm not a fan of the iPhone 6 size. However I'm rocking an iPhone 5S and my next phone is probably going to last until I am 47 which means I have to consider how it will deal with the fact that my eyesight is starting to become "middle aged" due to my arms becoming too short. I like the 6 form factor because it reminds of the original iPhone. Upgraded camera with OIS and perhaps 12 megapixels tuned in that Apple manner, force touch and faster processor (with more ram one hopes) will have my money on day one.

• Reply 32 of 34
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I'm not a fan of the iPhone 6 size. However I'm rocking an iPhone 5S and my next phone is probably going to last until I am 47 which means I have to consider how it will deal with the fact that my eyesight is starting to become "middle aged" due to my arms becoming too short. I like the 6 form factor because it reminds of the original iPhone. Upgraded camera with OIS and perhaps 12 megapixels tuned in that Apple manner, force touch and faster processor (with more ram one hopes) will have my money on day one.

Funny thing age. For me, I have the exact opposite problem, I need to bring the iPhone as close to my eyes as possible, so a bigger screen is absolutely of no use to me in that respect. I intentionally bought the 5S when the 6 came out, since aside from ?Pay, there's nothing about the 6 I need, especially the screen size. I am still entertaining whether or not to buy an ?Watch at this juncture which would give me ?Pay. But I mainly bought it for the size. I don't want to carry a phone any larger than the 5S. And when I bought it, I knew I was likely buying it for two years, unless Apple surprised me and delivered a 4" 6/S when the 6S was introduced. And I am still as happy as I can be with the 5S. While I know the 6S will be faster, and have a slightly better camera, and force touch (which I have no need for), the 5S is an amazingly solid phone, which iOS 9 is going to run even better on than 8 does. 

So for me, the 5S is all I need for the near future. And if Apple still hasn't released a 4" phone by the time the 7 comes out, then I'll probably hold onto it another year or two, depending on what surprises the 7 introduces that I can't live without. 

• Reply 33 of 34
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Funny thing age. For me, I have the exact opposite problem, I need to bring the iPhone as close to my eyes as possible, so a bigger screen is absolutely of no use to me in that respect. I intentionally bought the 5S when the 6 came out, since aside from ?Pay, there's nothing about the 6 I need, especially the screen size. I am still entertaining whether or not to buy an ?Watch at this juncture which would give me ?Pay. But I mainly bought it for the size. I don't want to carry a phone any larger than the 5S. And when I bought it, I knew I was likely buying it for two years, unless Apple surprised me and delivered a 4" 6/S when the 6S was introduced. And I am still as happy as I can be with the 5S. While I know the 6S will be faster, and have a slightly better camera, and force touch (which I have no need for), the 5S is an amazingly solid phone, which iOS 9 is going to run even better on than 8 does. 

So for me, the 5S is all I need for the near future. And if Apple still hasn't released a 4" phone by the time the 7 comes out, then I'll probably hold onto it another year or two, depending on what surprises the 7 introduces that I can't live without. 

I guess that might happen if you are nearsighted to begin with. I assure you I bring the iPhone as close to my eyes as possible. The issue is that with Presbyopia with my 20/15 eyesight, the loss of lens flexibility means that "as close to my eyes as possible" is about 20 inches from my face. When I read certain websites with columns, they start at around 5 pt and with a bit of autozoom often end up at around 10 pt. I still read that just fine but the day it isn't fine I'll be stuck with a phone that is a hassle for me to use. I do really like the 4 inch form and my iPhone 5S is paid for and unlocked which is my preferred state to own the iPhone. I guess we can see if the upgrade is compelling. The other issue is just that my current iPhone has 32 gigs and 64 or more sounds quite appealing. Maybe I'm an old fart but Apple Music and pretty much any paid streaming service has had zero appeal for me. I like owning my music.