Apple seeds second OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite beta to developers with minor changes

Posted:
in macOS edited August 2015
Apple on Thursday released a second beta build of its upcoming OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite update to developers for testing, including what appears to be only minor tweaks and bug fixes.

The latest beta, build 14F19a, comes a little over two weeks after the first beta version was pushed out to developers and users signed up for Apple's public beta program.

Like the first beta, today's build brings minor tweaks and bug fixes aimed at improving system stability, app compatibility and security.

Apple most recently updated its Mac operating system in June with the release of OS X 10.10.4, which brought a variety of fixes for problems with Photos, Mail and the infamous "discoveryd"service. That release also introduced TRIM support for third-party SSDs.

Developers can download OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite beta 2 via Software Update in the Mac App Store or through Apple's developer Web portal.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    sumergosumergo Posts: 215member

I don't know where to put this post - it's a commentary on Microsoft versus Apple usability.

We all bitch about how Apple gets the user interface wrong occasionally, but the long-time winner in the "how badly can you deliver your customer's use experience" competition is, of course, Microsoft.  Check out this article and enjoy the MS developers comments.

http://www.businessinsider.com/history-of-the-windows-start-button-2015-7

It says everything about a company that it employs such sadly uncreative people.

Yes , I know it talks about Windows 95 - but has anything really changed in the Redmond development labs since then?  How is the Windows 10 experience for you actually?

• Reply 2 of 6
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumergo View Post

I don't know where to put this post - it's a commentary on Microsoft versus Apple usability.

We all bitch about how Apple gets the user interface wrong occasionally, but the long-time winner in the "how badly can you deliver your customer's use experience" competition is, of course, Microsoft.  Check out this article and enjoy the MS developers comments.

It says everything about a company that it employs such sadly uncreative people.

Yes , I know it talks about Windows 95 - but has anything really changed in the Redmond development labs since then?  How is the Windows 10 experience for you actually?

Good read. It reminds me of the fAndroid crowd’s tired meme that only stupid people buy Apple products.

• Reply 3 of 6
    john673john673 Posts: 40member

who is still using Yosemite??

• Reply 4 of 6
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    sumergo wrote: »

I don't know where to put this post - i<span style="line-height:1.4em;">t's a commentary on Microsoft versus Apple usability.</span>

We all bitch about how Apple gets the user interface wrong occasionally, but the long-time winner in the "how badly can you deliver your customer's use experience" competition is, of course, Microsoft.  <span style="line-height:1.4em;">Check out this article and enjoy the MS developers comments.</span>

I've been using Windows 10 ever since the beta became available. Four words ... Lipstick on a pig.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    limlim Posts: 9member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by john673 View Post

who is still using Yosemite??

My wife and some others.

• Reply 6 of 6
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,560member
    Me too. No issues.