RBC reiterates $150 target for Apple stock, expects huge 'iPhone 6s' launch

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    I don't know about anyone else, but I had a good laugh. (Not a criticism of you, Gator)
    BTW, the report was profiled at 9to5 if you wanted to read the rest of it.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    BTW, the report was profiled at 9to5 if you wanted to read the rest of it.

It's OK. Looks like AI already "rewrote" it and posted it here.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member
    rogifan wrote: »
    This morning on CNBC Joe Kernan asked what happens to Apple when someone builds a better mousetrap. And then mentioned Motorola. Is that what Wall Street is thinking now, that Apple could become blackberry at any minute? But why are they thinking this now and not a month ago or three months ago? What's so special about now?

CNBC is essentially an entertainment channel, not a serious "investment education" channel. It's on screen "talent" reflects that. If you are an investor, watch at your own peril...

Watching those guys be so consistently wrong over time is indeed entertaining
  • Reply 44 of 47
    thepixeldocthepixeldoc Posts: 2,257member
    Stupid hypothetical question here, and it would interest me just out of curiosity:

Q: what if WS collectively decided to tank Apple and it went (hypothetically!) to say something ridiculous like $5.00?

As a big picture thinker, as I see it it wouldn't technically hurt Apple the company in the least. The $200 Bil is still parked; next Q if on track would see ~$15-20 Bil profit, meaning all of their bills and debts are being serviced with room to spare. The only ones being (seriously!) ran over by the bus are those that have been paid in options and stock grants... plus of course the small individual investors.

Pensions, hedge funds and other retirement vehicles of course too... but WHAT IF they're in on "the coup" to raid Apple and take it over for themselves???????

Thanks in advance for the answers if any, since it's late here and I won't be able to reply until morning.
  • Reply 45 of 47
    bugsnwbugsnw Posts: 717member

Haptic feedback is going to be really cool. I might even upgrade my 5S if the reviews prove too enticing. A new Apple TV....so many of us are on the verge of upgrading. That one is low-hanging fruit.

The next Apple watch might remove its tether.

Apple could push out a far more aggressive upgrade to the iPad and iMac lines. Every now and then we get unusually impressive upgrades that are very hard to resist.

Apple could cave to certain squeaky wheel investors and ramp up their buyback program.

Genius, well-respected wall street analysts could churn out lower expectations that Apple easily blows past, triggering an impressive recovery to new highs. This will certainly pan out by the end of the year so fund managers can pad their returns.

On the other hand, if these new iPhones and iPads are sort of meh and don't trigger an upgrade cycle, then we might be in for a longish ride down.

• Reply 46 of 47
    buckalecbuckalec Posts: 203member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by brucemc View Post

CNBC is essentially an entertainment channel, not a serious "investment education" channel. It's on screen "talent" reflects that. If you are an investor, watch at your own peril...

Watching those guys be so consistently wrong over time is indeed entertaining

I had the misfortune of working for CNBC for a few years - it should come with a viewer warning - conjecture + mindless irrelevance = ad revenue