Apple expected to unveil 'iPhone 6s,' new Apple TV on Sept. 9

Comments

• Reply 21 of 83
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    Jolly good times ahead :)
    I think an iPad pro would need pro work flow, pro apps, and even no latency tablet-to-Mac (Wacom Cintiq killer) functionality with an awesome and super precise stylus.
  • Reply 22 of 83

I hope they invite Drake back to talk about both of these products.

• Reply 23 of 83
    rpt wrote: »

Great news. Finally, as the owner of 5 ATVs, I will get what I have always wanted. A thinner design version. Just like the thin iPhones in my household, with the perfect thin (thank you Steve for, one of a very few, stupid things you said) design, that gives me a thrill when I have to show my boarding pass at the end of a long day (and charging periods) when the phone is dying on me!

Print your ticket at one of the auto check-in devices. Problem solved. Whining solved.

I'll do one better than SJ: you can't be too rich or too thin. ;)
  • Reply 24 of 83
    rptrpt Posts: 175member

No problem to print my ticket at the check-in devices, that is what I frequently do, because of low battery. Please tell Apple that they should withdraw the passbook app, because even people with 15 340 posts at this site doesn't see the need for it.

• Reply 25 of 83
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    balken07 wrote: »
    It's far more logical to think about september 8 as the keynote date. It's a tuesday. Last year (september 9) was a tuesday, and 2013 keynote was held on september 10. This was also a tuesday

September 8th is a Tuesday, after Labor Day, which is why last year's was held on a Wednesday and why this year's likely will be, if it indeed that week.
  • Reply 26 of 83
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    rogifan wrote: »
    iPhones and iPads at the same event? Hmm… I somehow doubt that.

It's been done before, when lighting connection came out Apple announced the updated iPad. So they might actually have force touch in the new iPhone and are just going to announce the force touch iPad. Just a quick announcement like last time.
  • Reply 27 of 83
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Just in time for the Fed rate hike and economy collapse!

• Reply 28 of 83
    bat catbat cat Posts: 42member

No problem to print my ticket at the check-in devices, that is what I frequently do, because of low battery. Please tell Apple that they should withdraw the passbook app, because even people with 15 340 posts at this site doesn't see the need for it.
    That's your opinion - passbook works fine for me on a normal commuter schedule - my only compromise is running my screen on a non-retina searing setting. My 6 had bags in reserve and even post Apple watch - which does have a noticeable effect, particularly when the day includes a run - a full day at heavy use is achievable. IMHO the compromise between size and battery life is about right and will be improved to very good post the iOS 9 changes.
  • Reply 29 of 83
    solipsismy wrote: »
    September 8th is a Tuesday, after Labor Day, which is why last year's was held on a Wednesday and why this year's likely will be, if it indeed that week.
    Oh, i didn't know about that. I argued based on the situation applicable here in The Netherlands ;)
  • Reply 30 of 83
    Why is AppleInsider reporting stories from Buzzfeed? I thought that had less than zero credibility.
  • Reply 31 of 83
    f1turbof1turbo Posts: 257member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frood View Post

Of the people that own a 6 or 6 plus, do you think you'll be going for the 6s variant or better to wait for the 7?

My wife will definitely be downsizing from 6+ to 6s.  I'll probably update my 6 to 6s.  We used to only update every other year due to AT&T contract structure, but that's gone now, so we'll probably update every year.  No reason not to with good resale value of iPhones.  

I really need a new iPad though.  I'm still using an iPad 3.  

• Reply 32 of 83
    tenlytenly Posts: 710member
    frood wrote: »
    Of the people that own a 6 or 6 plus, do you think you'll be going for the 6s variant or better to wait for the 7?

I'm not going to repeat all the math here, but I've done it factoring in average resale values and I figured out that it costs me a little less than $30/month to ALWAYS carry the latest and greatest iPhone. My first iPhone was the 3GS which i think I bought about a month or so after it was released. Back then, they didn't sell unlocked versions so I had to jailbreak it in order to unlock it for use while traveling - but since then, I've always bought the new, unlocked model on the very first day and never had any need to jailbreak. I've lined up overnight myself twice, preordered once, paid someone else to line up for me overnight and last year to get the 6+ on day 1, I had to pay a premium to get one. But my point is that I upgrade every year. I take very good care of my phone so I get top dollar for it when I sell it a year later. If I buy for 1000, I usually sell it a year later for 550-650. I also always buy a second phone on day 1 and sell it online for 50-100 profit.

Damn. I said I wasn't going to do the math. Anyhow. I always have the latest model. It's always unlocked and on average, it costs me about $30/month to do so. Well worth it to me to always have the best device and always have a fresh battery. The only thing that might keep me from updating this year would be if they did not offer the 5.5" model. If they abandon the larger screen phone, I'll have a tough decision to make. I really love the size of the 6+ and I'd hate to have to go back to a smaller one - although I do use it a lot less not that I have the watch (which I will also update as soon as a newer one is available!)

Does that answer your question? Probably not. I feel like I've just been babbling. Oh well. Sorry! lol

I'm definitely ready for a new Apple TV!
  • Reply 33 of 83

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Wow. That's the second such 'scoop' from Buzzfeed. Not bad for them, if it turns out to be true.

And, it looks like Ming-Chi Kuo has some competition!

I guess we will now have to refer to them as "noted industry analyst Buzzfeed."

• Reply 34 of 83
    tenlytenly Posts: 710member

Withdraw an app because *you* don't find it useful? That's a pretty arrogant thing to say. It's like saying "if *i* don't need it, nobody should have it!" I don't use Passbook daily, but it has come in handy for me several times per year. It doesn't take much space on the disk - and nobody is forcing you to use it. So just ignore it if you don't like it. I do like it and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

What a silly thing to complain about.
  • Reply 35 of 83
    Flagship 6S+ even better!

Mid-trier 6S should be improve too but with limited 720p display and no stabilizing camera technology!
  • Reply 36 of 83
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    mike1 wrote: »
    You mean the unfinished theater in the unfinished "UFO office"? Probably not.

Actually it makes lots of sense since so many of the new OS features are ideal for iPad.
  • Reply 37 of 83
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    nolamacguy wrote: »
    you can change it in minutes with the proper tools.

True but then I'd be spending money on something with no future.
  • Reply 38 of 83
    calicali Posts: 3,494member

"people close to the copanies plans" choose the most obvious date. THE SAME DAMN Tuesday Apple uses every year. Unless it lands on 9/11.

• Reply 39 of 83
    timbittimbit Posts: 331member
    Would a previous generation Apple TV be able to run a possible "App Store" and updated software? Just speculation of course...
  • Reply 40 of 83
    froodfrood Posts: 771member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tenly View Post

I'm not going to repeat all the math here, but I've done it factoring in average resale values and I figured out that it costs me a little less than $30/month to ALWAYS carry the latest and greatest iPhone. My first iPhone was the 3GS which i think I bought about a month or so after it was released. Back then, they didn't sell unlocked versions so I had to jailbreak it in order to unlock it for use while traveling - but since then, I've always bought the new, unlocked model on the very first day and never had any need to jailbreak. I've lined up overnight myself twice, preordered once, paid someone else to line up for me overnight and last year to get the 6+ on day 1, I had to pay a premium to get one. But my point is that I upgrade every year. I take very good care of my phone so I get top dollar for it when I sell it a year later. If I buy for 1000, I usually sell it a year later for 550-650. I also always buy a second phone on day 1 and sell it online for 50-100 profit.

Damn. I said I wasn't going to do the math. Anyhow. I always have the latest model. It's always unlocked and on average, it costs me about $30/month to do so. Well worth it to me to always have the best device and always have a fresh battery. The only thing that might keep me from updating this year would be if they did not offer the 5.5" model. If they abandon the larger screen phone, I'll have a tough decision to make. I really love the size of the 6+ and I'd hate to have to go back to a smaller one - although I do use it a lot less not that I have the watch (which I will also update as soon as a newer one is available!)

Does that answer your question? Probably not. I feel like I've just been babbling. Oh well. Sorry! lol

I'm definitely ready for a new Apple TV!

No, it was a good answer, thank you =)

The 6 and 6+ had very obvious and compelling reasons to buy and upgrade from the 5s, but ended up being so good I'm not sure if many will see a need for the 's' upgrade or will skip a cycle.  I think one of Apple's strengths are its users are affluent enough and view their devices as personal enough they just always upgrade them regardless.