Apple Watch goes on sale at Best Buy's online & retail stores

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited August 2015
As promised, the U.S. branch of Best Buy began selling the Apple Watch on Friday, offering a range of models through its website and some retail locations.

The electronics chain is carrying a more limited selection than that available directly from Apple. While all Sport models are on sale, the only stainless steel models available are those with a black or white sport band, or the Milanese loop. As was previously announced, no gold Edition units are being carried.

Watches ordered online today should be delivered early next week, and can also be selected for in-store pickup. Only 100 retail outlets are carrying the Watch, though Best Buy is working to expand that to over 300 within a few months.

A variety of accessories have also gone on sale, including Apple's sport and Milanese bands, and third-party gear such as cases, stands, and unofficial bands.

The Canadian branch of Best Buy is due to start carrying the product on August 14.

Best Buy is the first third-party retailer to carry the Apple Watch apart from a handful of luxury boutiques scattered around the world. Until June, even Apple didn't didn't sell the device from its outlets, instead limiting shopping to online orders.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,520member
    Gosh the picture in this article is simply dreadful, looks like a crap video game.

Sort of art that'd put people off the product
  • Reply 2 of 17
    Best Buy employee: "You don't want an Apple Watch. It's just overpriced junk for rich stupid people. Check this out: my Pebble. It can do all the things the Apple Watch can and it doesn't nag me to stop playing Xbox and chugging energy drinks and go work out. Best of all, I don't have to recharge it every night! We sell those too, over in aisle 6, next to the home wifi routers and vacuum cleaners."
  • Reply 3 of 17
    levilevi Posts: 344member
    Selling the watch in more places isn't a bad thing. In fact I think this would significantly help sales. Everything about the early sales experience is different from any other Apple product - which hasn't helped.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member

Can you pay for an Apple Watch with an Apple Watch (i.e. Apple Pay)?  No?  I didn't think so...

• Reply 5 of 17
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    john.b wrote: »
    Can you pay for an Apple Watch with an Apple Watch (i.e. Apple Pay)?  No?  I didn't think so...

1) Yes, at an Apple Store.

2) I don' think it will be too long before Best Buy is also accepting NFC payments.

edit: Later this year for in-store and right now for in-app. That means you may be able to buy an Apple Watch with an iPhone 6 Series from the app or delivery or in-store pick up.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    saarek wrote: »
    Gosh the picture in this article is simply dreadful, looks like a crap video game.

Sort of art that'd put people off the product
    Came here to say the same thing. That arm/wrist is so obviously Photoshopped it looks like a snake with a fat head. It's terrible. Not sure why thy felt the need to do that.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Loving my Watch after a week with it so far. My local best buy stores don't have it but maybe that's because I have 5 Apple stores in my metro area.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Loving my Watch after a week with it so far. My local best buy stores don't have it but maybe that's because I have 5 Apple stores in my metro area.

Good for you....my daughter just got one and she loves it. 

• Reply 9 of 17
    Came here to say the same thing. That arm/wrist is so obviously Photoshopped it looks like a snake with a fat head. It's terrible. Not sure why thy felt the need to do that.

Not if you're J.P. Prewitt. :)

[video]
  • Reply 10 of 17
    rogifan wrote: »

Welcome to the fold.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Welcome to the fold.

It's frustrating because I haven't yet filled all three rings. That damn calorie ring...
  • Reply 12 of 17
    It's frustrating because I haven't yet filled all three rings. That damn calorie ring...

What level do you have it set? That is always the easiest for me to fill.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    I wonder if Apple will let Best Buy report stats on sales of Apple Watch?
  • Reply 14 of 17
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    I was 3 days from getting the month of July complete with 3 rings. Broke my heart...
  • Reply 15 of 17

Been waiting for this since the watch first dropped. Now I can take advantage of buyer's remorse a score an Open Box Apple Watch.  There's always a good selection of Open Box Apple products at my local Best Buy.

• Reply 16 of 17
    solipsismy wrote: »
    What level do you have it set? That is always the easiest for me to fill.

I haven't messed with it yet so it's whatever the default is.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    I haven't messed with it yet so it's whatever the default is.

I think you have to tell it your exercise level when you first set up Watch.

That's 340/390 Move calories.