IBM pushing Mac adoption in enterprise with new cloud-based IT services

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 83
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cornchip View Post

God. Yes. It still exists. I "get" to use it every day.

Another example of a bloated sea creature from outer space....

I remember when one place of work replaced their old simple time / expenses import process and replaced it with Lotus Notes forms that were "integrated" into the ERP.  Where I could just plug my numbers into excel (maybe a total of 5 project codes on average on any given week) and email it to a dedicated inbox - where a process would open it then plug the data into the ERP system from the excel spreadsheet (custom) they forced us to dial in (back when we dialup was more common than "dedicated line") open up Lotus Notes -- and enter it into the new integrated form - with drop down project codes and validated codes etc.  into a bloated slow process.  Where I would simply email off a spreadsheet before, now it took me FOREVER to get it into Lotus notes..... an over-engineered solution that only cost time and money * number of employees.  But at least they got to brag that their Lotus Notes system was now integrated in with their ERP :p 

A growing company just tends to add more processes and complications .... until they are no longer growing :p

• Reply 82 of 83
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,945member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bkkcanuck View Post

Another example of a bloated sea creature from outer space....

I remember when one place of work replaced their old simple time / expenses import process and replaced it with Lotus Notes forms that were "integrated" into the ERP.  Where I could just plug my numbers into excel (maybe a total of 5 project codes on average on any given week) and email it to a dedicated inbox - where a process would open it then plug the data into the ERP system from the excel spreadsheet (custom) they forced us to dial in (back when we dialup was more common than "dedicated line") open up Lotus Notes -- and enter it into the new integrated form - with drop down project codes and validated codes etc.  into a bloated slow process.  Where I would simply email off a spreadsheet before, now it took me FOREVER to get it into Lotus notes..... an over-engineered solution that only cost time and money * number of employees.  But at least they got to brag that their Lotus Notes system was now integrated in with their ERP :p 

A growing company just tends to add more processes and complications .... until they are no longer growing :p

Haha! Yeah, and the greatest part? We only use it for email, (very basic) task creation/completion & vacation requests. We still manage the schedule with (not custom) Excel spreadsheets (printed out in black & white)! It's like working in 1989! Oh well.