Samsung takes on Apple's iPhone 6 Plus with 5.7" Galaxy Note 5, S6 Edge+

Comments

• Reply 41 of 63
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

They never used the Plus moniker with their flagship phones = Galaxy S and Note.

Of course they didn't. 

:rolleyes:

• Reply 42 of 63
    palominepalomine Posts: 362member
    "Wouldn't it be interesting if Apple completely changed the naming scheme for iPhones? Say, something like the Apple Phone Sport, Apple Phone, etc. What on earth would Samsung do then for phone names?"

@ JM6032: I'm all for changing the naming convention. Sammy would undoubtably use the same names, 'sport' etc., but I think the customer might notice that. It would be good to highlight Samsung copycattiness in that way.

Sammy probably relies on a certain amount of customer confusion hoping to snare a few more sales. Once bitte, twice shy, the consumer won't fall for that again.

(Sorry I botched the quote thing)
  • Reply 43 of 63
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TechLover View Post

Since there is no SD slot the least they could have done is offer a 128 gig option for these new phones. Especially for the Note 5 which is arguably the power users choice.

At least they didn't mess with that world class screen. That screen is possibly the best reason to consider either of these phones.

I stand corrected. 

It appears they are indeed offering 128 gig models for the new flagships:

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/all-products

• Reply 44 of 63
    robertcrobertc Posts: 118member
    Quote:

Pathetic that the largest memory size is 64GB

128 GB is the largest option according to their webpage.

You don't need to get so anxious when Samsung is mentioned.  They have enough non-Apple problems to deal with, like Xiaomi, who took the opportunity to announce their Redmi Note 2 ($125) and Redmi Note 2 Prime ($155) only hours before Samsung's event. Despite the low price, it's surprisingly well equipped. I'm sure Samsung's going to continue to feel the squeeze.

• Reply 45 of 63
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:

They never used the Plus moniker with their flagship phones = Galaxy S and Note.

Quote:

Thanks for making my point for me.

AS you can see in the past the PLUS models for Samsung were NOT larger than the standard S phone.

But now they are.  After Apple did it with the 6.

No, I didn't make your point for you, I proved you wrong.  Piss-poor try though.

• Reply 46 of 63
    Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

Of course they didn't. 

:rolleyes:

AS you can see in the past the PLUS models for Samsung were NOT larger than the standard S phone.

By that logic Apple was copying Samsung when they finally released their larger form factor phones.

Who cares anyway? I think we can give these nit picking things a rest by now.

Where did Apple get the idea for side by side apps and the PIP style video coming in iOS9? Samsung has been doing that for years in both phones and tablets, not just tablets.

Time to let it go. Everyone copies everyone.

• Reply 47 of 63
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    sog35 wrote: »
    robertc wrote: »

Who heard of those?  Hardly anyone.  They were not Samsungs top sellers.

What if someone came out with a tablet and named it Newton?
  • Reply 48 of 63
    Quote:

The Galaxy S6 is selling for $580 at T-mobile.

The iPhone6 is selling for $650.

Amazing that a 4 month old phone is already discounted 11% while the 1 year old iPhone is still $650.

Pricing power.

But the Galaxy S6 (4.4 stars with 808 reviews) has a higher rating than the iPhone 6 (4.2 stars with 240 reviews). More bang for your buck? Not to mention, no one is going to shell out $650 to $750 for almost a year old phone!

• Reply 49 of 63
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertC View Post

Not that you really care.

Who heard of those?  Hardly anyone.  They were not Samsungs top sellers.

What if someone came out with a tablet and named it Newton?

Exactly.

But why stop there? 

How about a 2 screen tablet that can hold up to 5 commandments.... I mean apps per screen for total of 10 commandments... I mean apps at one time.

Sorry I just couldn't help myself by taking it to the ridiculous extreme. 

:)

• Reply 50 of 63
    "With the launch of the Galaxy S6 edge+ and Note5, we're reemphasizing our commitment to bold, fearless innovation that meets the needs of our consumers."

Fking hilarious
  • Reply 51 of 63
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    jm6032 wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be interesting if Apple completely changed the naming scheme for iPhones? Say, something like the Apple Phone Sport, Apple Phone, etc. What on earth would Samsung do then for phone names?

That is something i would like for Apple to do.
  • Reply 52 of 63
    dbhdbh Posts: 41member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

I just made up the 36. It could well still be 56 for all I know.  :D

that would make it 58 now, right? :smokey:

• Reply 53 of 63
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:

Yes, it is funny how this fracking person has NO CLUE how their arguing their point into the ground. It's like anti-argument!

• Reply 54 of 63
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryA View Post

Let's be honest, shall we? Yes, it was last used in 2013 by Samsung, but it was conveniently revived years later in the very next product cycle after Apple used it. That is not coincidence. That's tiresome copying.

Remember when the iPhone 5S launched in Gold? Samsung then went through its archives and came out with examples of how it used Gold before and then proceeded to release their ridiculous Galaxy model in Gold? Same shit here.

• Reply 55 of 63
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TechLover View Post

It appears they are indeed offering 128 gig models for the new flagships:

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how 64GB + no expansion + 4K recording was going to pan out in terms of storage.

So you can record at 4K and stream at that resolution to Youtube? Wow! Way to burn through your battery and data plan at one go!

Still, as long as they can check off an item on the checklist without worrying about actual usability and usefulness, it is the same old Samsung.

• Reply 56 of 63
    croprcropr Posts: 1,124member
    Quote:

Even though i hate Samsung I kinda had some respect for the Note because it was totally of the wall.  When it came out there were no phone like it.  But now they are simply following Apple's 6/6+ model.  Sad.

That is a contradiction.  Either the concept of the Samsung Note was first and Apple followed with the iPhone 6+, either Apple was first and Samsung Note followed.  But one cannot say that the Note was first and when later the iPhone 6+ arrived, Samsung followed

• Reply 57 of 63
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    They were so fast at following they accidently passed them.
  • Reply 58 of 63
    Thanks for the update. I was wondering how 64GB + no expansion + 4K recording was going to pan out in terms of storage.

So you can record at 4K and stream at that resolution to Youtube? Wow! Way to burn through your battery and data plan at one go!

Still, as long as they can check off an item on the checklist without worrying about actual usability and usefulness, it is the same old Samsung.

High quality h264 1080 will burn through a cellular data plan like butter as well,do not kid yourself.
  • Reply 59 of 63
    velmsvelms Posts: 7member
    Samsung should stop abusing the word innovation.
    It's tiring to hear from them saying innovation agAin and agAin
  • Reply 60 of 63
    velms wrote: »
    Samsung should stop abusing the word innovation.
    It's tiring to hear from them saying innovation agAin and agAin

But Samsung is the epitome of "innovation" in fact rumor has it they are secretly in the market to trademark and get copyright to the words "innovatively" "innovative" "innovation" and "innovating"

Just to further hammer out their obvious superiority

/s ????