Post your desktop

Comments

• Reply 461 of 1795
    I just added a bunch of new risque desktops like this...

• Reply 462 of 1795
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    [quote]Originally posted by Defiant:

<strong>about a friend of his talking about her new job as a service-maid in a restaurant. or is it a bar?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Nothing so glamarous unfortunetly.

It's a coffee shop.

OMG whitey can really frustrate me sometimes. If she didn't have this firmware hack I'd die of an aneurysm trying to get any work done at 1024x768. Unfortunetly my girl is on my tower so I'm stuck with another 1024x768 display, not quite the 16x12 I prefer but man what a world of difference a second display can make.

Mando, it seems as if all designers run multiple displays, how come you're the only one i can find that makes dual display desktops? This has always baffled me.

[ 03-16-2003: Message edited by: serrano ]</p>
  • Reply 463 of 1795
    [quote]Originally posted by serrano:

<strong>

Mando, it seems as if all designers run multiple displays, how come you're the only one i can find that makes dual display desktops? This has always baffled me.

[ 03-16-2003: Message edited by: serrano ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

... I think I know the asnwer to an extend, you double your work. For example, I wasn't planning to do a dually for the above desktop (TROIX) until four of the nine people I sometime used as testers suggested it. And you would not believe that it was harder to to the right portion than the left (the left was already done and so, I have to fiddle a lot to create the right monitor). Another reason, when it's not CGI, you have to come up with material (as photos or scans) and it's quite hard for me to get them. As you'll see in the DB link, all of the desktops are CGI. For the few dual desktops that I have, you will see the quality of the photo is in my opinion - not that good, especially for photos (it wasn't for Photoshop, they would look a lot crappier). I guess now you know why i don't do dual desktop bigger than 1600x1200 (actually, 3200x1200).

Other places where you can find dual-monitor desktops:

<a href="http://www.digitalblasphemy.com/mpages/2x_1.shtml"; target="_blank">digital blasphemy</a>

<a href="http://www.macgrounds.com/"; target="_blank">macgrounds</a>

I hope the above links help.

[ 03-16-2003: Message edited by: /mandolux/ ]</p>
  • Reply 464 of 1795
    salmonstksalmonstk Posts: 568member
    This is a current (within last 15 minutes) picture of my desktop.

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~salmonstk/screendump.jpg&quot; target="_blank">http://home.earthlink.net/~salmonstk/screendump.jpg&lt;/a&gt;

[ 03-16-2003: Message edited by: salmonstk ]

changed to link 'cuz of the boobies. - j

[ 03-16-2003: Message edited by: Jonathan ]</p>
  • Reply 465 of 1795
    spaztikspaztik Posts: 30member
    Here is my desktop. I tried cramming alot on the desktop, but I tried to do it in an artistic manner...

The items you see on my desktop were carefully placed where they are.

I never have it this busy, but I thought what the heck.

<a href="http://www.quickaqua.com/spaztik/ScreenShotSpaz.jpg"; target="_blank">MY DESKTOP SNAP</a>
  • Reply 466 of 1795
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

salmonstk is a perv. But then again, so are the rest of us who aren't so eager to admit it.

If perverted means "not normal" then I think people who don't show any interest in sex and nudity are truly the perverted ones!

I am not a perv... I just like playing with Photoshop- and it makes it more entertaining to do it on naked people.
  • Reply 467 of 1795
    Hey Salmonstk, you're not worry of people reading your emails?

• Reply 468 of 1795

You Have Nothing To Do

That's damn right To Do .widget

Finals are over. w00t!
  • Reply 469 of 1795
    @50%

• Reply 470 of 1795
    ...WOW!!!

Japanese prints are so amazing and enigmatic. I've been looking for a good source of them for a long time to no avail.
  • Reply 471 of 1795
    Here's my current one. All these posts inspired me to make a new one though.

• Reply 472 of 1795
    Quote:

Originally posted by /mandolux/

...WOW!!!

Japanese prints are so amazing and enigmatic. I've been looking for a good source of them for a long time to no avail.

I think it's Chinese, actually..

Someone way back posted that web museum of the san francisco something has a big collection of these. i have a couple turned into desktops.

ps: mando: let me know if you want the one i'm using
  • Reply 473 of 1795
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jonathan

I think it's Chinese, actually..

Someone way back posted that web museum of the san francisco something has a big collection of these. i have a couple turned into desktops.

ps: mando: let me know if you want the one i'm using

Can you send me an email - I can't contact you or get your email.
  • Reply 474 of 1795
    Ok, you all made me do it! here's my new desktop.

• Reply 475 of 1795
    salmonstksalmonstk Posts: 568member
    Quote:

Originally posted by /mandolux/

Hey Salmonstk, you're not worry of people reading your emails?

Not really- I guess I am a bit of an exhibitionist. If I got anything to secret on I turn of the screen dump program.
  • Reply 476 of 1795
  • Reply 477 of 1795
    ...my latest desktop:

• Reply 478 of 1795

sw33t
  • Reply 479 of 1795
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    haven't changed it yet, mando-
  • Reply 480 of 1795
    hmmmm ...it really makes me wonder. How am I going to make you change your desktop?