Apple expected to unveil 'iPhone 6s,' new Apple TV on Sept. 9

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 83
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    I sure hope that damn ?TV is actually announced this time. I am tire of waiting and the damn rumors ????
  • Reply 82 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bugsnw View Post

That will be one hot Apple TV upgrade and I don't even have a clue what's new. Here's what I'm hoping for:

- streamlined interface: I don't even know what kinds of shows I have anymore

- kill whoever invented the code scheme where I have to get up, go to my computer, go to a website and enter a code that I've forgotten by the time I get to the entry screen

- shot in the dark: hopefully it'll run iOS apps, at least WWF

- new remote w/ voice control

- get amazon prime streaming video on board!

I just switched from DirecTV to Comcast. Looks like the Comcast TV guide was designed by Jonny Ive - the fonts are whisper thin and white and tiny. Huge areas of black space. But the remote is really cool and compact. It's drop dead easy to program it to my peripherals and just moving or touching it lights up the buttons. It has voice control which is surprisingly functional.

I hope Apple takes a peek at their competition from time to time.

-----

On the iPhone 6S - I think the new iOS and haptic feedback will be enough to cause a huge wave of upgrades.

I think you will be disappointed.  Amazon Prime Streaming won't happen if Amazon and Apple decide to call a truce.  

Jonny Ivy has always about simplicity, if iOS has still remain with a roll of icons and a dock, the Apple TV interface will look 90% like it.

From the last time I saw Apple TV, I knew that Apple is not innovating the category but to monetize it only.  If we look at Microsoft and Sony, it's safe to say that the Xbox One and PS4 will more likely win the TV streaming wars than Apple.

• Reply 83 of 83
    pmcdpmcd Posts: 396member
    vision33r wrote: »
    Jonny Ivy has always about simplicity, if iOS has still remain with a roll of icons and a dock, the Apple TV interface will look 90% like it.

From the last time I saw Apple TV, I knew that Apple is not innovating the category but to monetize it only.  If we look at Microsoft and Sony, it's safe to say that the Xbox One and PS4 will more likely win the TV streaming wars than Apple.

Both the Box One and PS4 are interesting for gamers. Non gamers are hardly going to but them to stream Netflix. Too expensive, fans and high electrical useage.

It isn't clear if anyone can win the streaming world. The Apple TV needs a boost. We shall see, hopefully, next month.

Microsoft has been doing interesting things so I wouldn't count them out. If I had to guess I would say Apple or Microsoft.