Apple issues sixth Xcode 7 beta to developers with minor bug fixes

Posted:
in Mac Software edited February 2020
Apple on Monday released to developers the sixth beta version of its upcoming Xcode 7 coding tool with support for watchOS 2.0 beta, OS X 10.11 beta, and iOS 9 beta 5 SDKs.

As with past beta releases, today's build 7A192o includes support for new Apple technologies like the Swift 2.0 coding language, app thinning and enhanced compatibility with Test Flight.

New for beta 6 is the XCTest user interface testing tool, which allows API to automate controls like date pickers. Today's release also fixes issues regarding watchOS app installation protocols and Xcode source control management.

Apple's latest Xcode 7 beta is available for download via the company's website.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    It is interesting that Apple isn't releasing an iOS 9 update.

I'd bet that there things in the next beta release of iOS 9 that Apple doesn't want anyone to see yet.

Things like AppleTV SDK, New APIs for unannounced iDevice hardware/features, etc.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    So supposedly you can upload beta apps for iOS 9 to the Apple TestFlight. But I have yet to be able to get Xcode 7 to upload anything to Apple. Xcode always dies with errors and crashes and burns.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    croprcropr Posts: 1,124member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbag View Post

So supposedly you can upload beta apps for iOS 9 to the Apple TestFlight. But I have yet to be able to get Xcode 7 to upload anything to Apple. Xcode always dies with errors and crashes and burns.

Never understood why Apple forces developers to use Xcode to upload/publish apps, a simply file upload in itunesconnect should suffice.  The whole procedure for testing, signing, uploading and publishing apps is too complex and over engineered