Apple Store in St. Louis

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just thought I would post a note about the opening of an Apple Store in Des Peres, MO. This is a suburb of St. Louis. It will be located in the new West County Shopping Center when it opens in Sept 2002 or maybe Oct. I beliieve Sept though. I will be there on opening day as this mall will be brand new. It is huge and an Apple Store will fit in perfectly with some of the stores they have scheduled there.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Apple then needs to head west on I-70 to the OTHER state line and put a store here in Kansas City.

Note to Apple:

If you build it, we will come.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Cosmo! I'm here in KC with ya waitin' on that store! I heard from an Apple rep that an Apple store was planned, but it fell through for some reason.

I hope we get one SOMEDAY. Until then it's MicroCenter, CompUSA, Apple online, and eBay...

:0)
  • Reply 3 of 6
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    St. Louis? WTF is that? They can put a store in St. Louis and not Cleveland. There are Apple stores in both Columbus and Cincinnati. Cleveland is much bigger than both of those cities! It's the biggest city in Ohio by a good size. Not to mention Northeast Ohio has a lot of the population.

I'm not complainin about the other 2 being there though.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    Sweet. I can't wait to go. I've never been able to make it to an Apple store, and now i'll have one not too far away. Maybe i'll meet an AppleInsider member or two there! =)
  • Reply 5 of 6
    cablecable Posts: 76member
    [quote]Originally posted by jpp1cd:

<strong>Just thought I would post a note about the opening of an Apple Store in Des Peres, MO. This is a suburb of St. Louis. It will be located in the new West County Shopping Center when it opens in Sept 2002 or maybe Oct. I beliieve Sept though. I will be there on opening day as this mall will be brand new. It is huge and an Apple Store will fit in perfectly with some of the stores they have scheduled there.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Good one and I applied there. They should really have one in the city to sell to businesses there. Going out to West County is too far for most to drive unless they live there. A 270 and Olive location may have been better?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    jpp1cdjpp1cd Posts: 135member
    [quote]Good one and I applied there. They should really have one in the city to sell to businesses there. Going out to West County is too far for most to drive unless they live there. A 270 and Olive location may have been better?

<hr></blockquote>

I think the new West County Mall is going to be a perfect location for them. Galleria would have been nice also but this is the newest upper class mall in St. Louis they are moving into. Lets face it, Nordstroms doesn't show up in just any old mall. A lot of potential business will come rolling through that mall.