Apple's Cook awarded $58M worth of AAPL stock for meeting performance goals, sells none

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 85
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Lucky :lol:, it makes him successful of course. There's nothing the says that once a failure always a failure, or once a success always a success.
    To which I am pretty sure everybody will agree. :)
  • Reply 82 of 85
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    There's nothing the says that once a failure always a failure, or once a success always a success.

Yes, there is, but you will never understand that until you understand the terms being used. You're still focusing on the success of an endeavor and not the success of a mindset.
  • Reply 83 of 85
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismy wrote: »
    There's nothing the says that once a failure always a failure, or once a success always a success.

Yes, there is, but you will never understand that until you understand the terms being used. You're still focusing on the success of an endeavor and not the success of a mindset.

We can measure a man but we can't measure his heart. You do have a point, and one I agree with, but can't measure a mindset l, but we can measure the success or failure of an endeavor. As a sports coach once said "you're never as good as you are on your best day, and you're never as bad as you are on your worst day". Is Ron Johnson a retail savant because he made Apple b&m a success, or is he a retail idiot because he failed JC Penney? I say he's somewhere in between because of the circumstances. People don't flock to Apple stores because of what they look like, but because of the product being sold. Ultimately my point is that what's successful in one place doesn't guarantee success in another. Yes he failed at one endeavor, but overall he's a successful man.
  • Reply 84 of 85
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    We can measure a man but we can't measure his heart. You do have a point, and one I agree with, but can't measure a mindset l, but we can measure the success or failure of an endeavor. As a sports coach once said "you're never as good as you are on your best day, and you're never as bad as you are on your worst day". Is Ron Johnson a retail savant because he made Apple b&m a success, or is he a retail idiot because he failed JC Penney? I say he's somewhere in between because of the circumstances. People don't flock to Apple stores because of what they look like, but because of the product being sold. Ultimately my point is that what's successful in one place doesn't guarantee success in another. Yes he failed at one endeavor, but overall he's a successful man.

:facepalm:
  • Reply 85 of 85
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismy wrote: »

:facepalm:

Does that mean I win? :lol: