Can i play Warcraft III?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have imac 15" flat panel with 512 M RAM,

is this ok to play warcraft III?

I have never played I & II, is this alright?

and do i have to change the mouse to two buttons type or whatever?

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    You should be able to run War Craft III fine on that system.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    you might want to look into getting a two button, USB mouse though.

games like warcraft are much easier to play with a two button mouse vs. a one button mouse.

(btw, something like the microsoft intellimouse works just fine)
  • Reply 3 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by alcimedes:

<strong>you might want to look into getting a two button, USB mouse though.

games like warcraft are much easier to play with a two button mouse vs. a one button mouse.

(btw, something like the microsoft intellimouse works just fine)</strong><hr></blockquote>

Good point alcimedes!!! I didn't think of that.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    sithsith Posts: 25member
    Wc3 seems fine on my Imac 800mhz with 512mb ram. You should be fine.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Has anyone tried it on a DVI Powerbook?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    yea...man....you'll be fine....I'm currently running it on a iMac DVSE 500 with 128 ram and an 8 meg video card...and its playable...though the colors get screwy sometimes and I'm using OS 9 so I can't use the world editor...I'm already on the second campaign and am nearing the third...its a great game.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    firehcfirehc Posts: 368member
    thanks guy!

since i am fresh to this Warcraft thing, are I & II very good and all u guys were expecting III eagerly?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by firehc:

<strong>thanks guy!

since i am fresh to this Warcraft thing, are I & II very good and all u guys were expecting III eagerly?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes we are!

It's playable on my iMac 600 with 256 MB RAM and RAGE 128 Ultra 16 MB.

It's about the same on our B&W G3 500 (overclocked!) with 256 MB RAM and RADEON 7000 32 MB DDR

It's playable on both systems but slow in the sense that the mouse kinda lags and the game isn't so smooth.

I have 5 button mice on both comps so that helps.

It should run great on your iMac but you definetly should have a multi button mouse, but it won't kill you if you don't.

I have left click and right click as normal but I use middle click (the clicking of the scroll button but no using the wheel) to do keyboard 'A' and then I left click.

I find it useful for sending units on their way and they'll attack whatever they come across. I like it better than hitting A on the keyboard because I'm lazy.

But really a 2 button mouse is 10 times better for starcraft, extra buttons are nice but not necessary.

I personally suggest the Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical, left/right click, scroll wheel, scroll wheel button, and a button on either side of the mouse.

It's great for things other than gaming too!

You'll love Warcraft III

[ 07-26-2002: Message edited by: MacsKickAss ]</p>