AppleInsider podcast analyzes what to expect at Apple's Sept. 9 event, Wall Street, 'Apple Car,' mor

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2015
With Apple's Sept. 9 keynote now official, the AppleInsider podcast explains everything you need to know ahead of the event, where new iPhones and a revamped Apple TV are expected. Plus, we tackle Apple's recent losses on Wall Street, the latest "Apple Car" rumors, Shane reviews some tools for digital nomads, and Mikey and Neil share their experiences with the iOS-connected Coin digital credit card.

AppleInsider staff members Shane Cole, Neil Hughes and Mikey Campbell discuss these top stories:
  • What to expect from Apple's Sept. 9 event
  • Why did Apple rent out such a large venue this year?
  • Shares of Apple tumble on Wall Street, and Tim Cook attempts to reverse it
  • Apple Watch news: Coming to all Best Buy stores, plus rumored 'smart bands'
  • Apple keeps poaching Tesla employees. Is 'Project Titan' real?
  • Shane reviews the OneAdaptr Twist Plus and Nimbus USB LED lamp
  • Coin 2.0 is released, but Mikey and Neil have issues with the first-generation hardware
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.

You can also listen to it embedded via SoundCloud below:

Show note links: We'd appreciate your feedback and comments, as well as any questions that we can answer on future episodes. Send your responses to the AppleInsider podcast at [email protected] and follow or tweet at us @appleinsider.

Finally, anyone interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Guys, your podcast audio quality really needs to be re-looked. You have multiple volume levels coming in (some of which are on brink of distortion), and and the volume level isn't normalized. Would expect a higher quality sound from a tech podcast -
  • Reply 2 of 7
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

Maybe El Capitan will be released at the event? The betas have been getting closer together.

• Reply 3 of 7
    ronmgronmg Posts: 163member

You need a big venue to release the Apple Car with test drives!!

• Reply 4 of 7
    Love this trio. Really fun to listen to. That said, I agree about the audio issues. Sound levels vary and there are lots of places where the audio would periodically trip up or cut out. Still, fun to listen to. I think the three of you have struck the right tone, at least for me.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Guys, your podcast audio quality really needs to be re-looked. You have multiple volume levels coming in (some of which are on brink of distortion), and and the volume level isn't normalized. Would expect a higher quality sound from a tech podcast -

As I understand it, the key is to record each person separately during a conference call on their respective computers (in GarageBand or Logic), have them each send their audio files to one person and then that person adjusts the audio levels and edits out the mistakes or slow spots. I understand this is the workflow Jason Snell (of the many Incomparable podcasts) uses.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    jony0jony0 Posts: 378member
    I came here specifically to complain about the audio as well. If you turn down the volume to tone down the booming voices of Neil and Mikey you can barely hear Shane who sounds like he's at the other end of the room from the mike getting a cup of coffee or something. Other podcasts have people from another continent and they sound as if they're face to face, it can't be that hard. Maybe try something called a mixer ?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Someone's wearing snarky pants.