iOS 8.4 bug in iBooks with audiobooks

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited August 2015
If you play an audiobook and tap the back button at the top left, to look at the rest of your collection, playback of said audiobook will cease. It also starts playing the last audiobook as soon as the iBooks app is opened.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,560member

I'm seeing this behaviour, but I'm not convinced they're bugs.

In fact, I find it preferable to the way it was before for my normal audiobook-listening circumstances (in the car). 

Though I think auto-play is probably not a terribly good idea. 

• Reply 2 of 6
    If you can't look at your iBooks library (audiobooks and ebooks) without an audiobook stopping playback, I think that's a bug. The ui is not smooth enough for it not to be a bug.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,560member

My usage is generally to tap on something and realize it's not what I was looking for and keep going. 

If it keeps playing, it will save the playback location on something I didn't want to listen to. 

I *could* press pause every time, but it seems like this is much faster for finding something. 

• Reply 4 of 6
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    iOS 8.4 is definitely buggy somewhere. I've been having to force restart my iPad almost once a day since the update. The orientation becomes locked (and this state is not reflected in the flip-up control panel, so toggling rotation lock on and off is ineffective).
  • Reply 5 of 6
    iOS 8.4 is definitely buggy somewhere. I've been having to force restart my iPad almost once a day since the update. The orientation becomes locked (and this state is not reflected in the flip-up control panel, so toggling rotation lock on and off is ineffective).
    same issue with my iOS device
  • Reply 6 of 6
    My iOS iPhone 6plus is having the same issue since the update.