Apple stock should return to $130 by end of 2015, says Brean Capital

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    bugsnwbugsnw Posts: 717member

$130 by EOY doesn't seem like a huge stretch to me. But I'm only guessing and admitting my crystal ball is sometimes wrong.

I like what's in the pipeline.

• Reply 22 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Hahaha... Not enjoying the middling performance of the stock, but eagerly awaiting the 1 year self-ban of Sog (surely a lock since his "challenge" was accepted by "patpatpat"). It'll be like a breath of fresh air.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Nah.  I'm pretty most here would want the stock at $150 and enjoy tens if not hundreds of thousands of $$$

I'm pretty sure a lot of people would be happy to wait until say 2016 Q1 to get their $$$ and also your 1yr self ban.  It'd be a double bonus.

• Reply 23 of 34

It’s cute that they’re still pretending the economy isn’t a few weeks away from collapse.

• Reply 24 of 34
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,563member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It’s cute that they’re still pretending the economy isn’t a few weeks away from collapse.

Quoted for posterity and revisiting, say, early November?

• Reply 25 of 34
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

You've been saying this for the last 3 years

That’s not even remotely true in any way, shape, or form. Three months? Yes. Three years ago I didn’t even care about the economy. Keep your libel to yourself.

• Reply 26 of 34
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

That’s not even remotely true in any way, shape, or form. Three months? Yes. Three years ago I didn’t even care about the economy. Keep your libel to yourself.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/130374/at-t-considers-selling-8b-in-network-assets-to-gain-approval-for-t-mobile-deal#post_1919628

4 years ago, predicting collapse.

• Reply 27 of 34
    jony0jony0 Posts: 378member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshA View Post

Very good suggestions.  I may give it a try, although I doubt the dip will be as great.  It does seem stuck now, great.

I should have maybe put a /s sarcasm flag and perhaps even a /f frustrated and being facetious flag as well. I also should have put some emphasis on almost always as I'm doing here. I did have an opportunity to jump on the slingshot but chickened out because the rumours and announcements just seemed too good for a stock downgrade and yet it still happened. Conversely when it dived pre-split from 705 $ to 630 $ and showing some signs of a bounce back I bought quite a bit thinking it had reached the trough but got nauseous on the downhill slide to just just under 500 $. Fortunately as we know it has long recovered but you just never know.

From my point of view it seems the problem is that as far as WS is concerned, AAPL's performance has nothing to do with Apple's performance. Some will say it all has to do with market expectations, but even that doesn't seem to match the data points, as we've seen recently with the China kerfuffle when Cook had to intervene amidst the nonsense. I think it has more to do with analyst's expectations of other analysts expectations, trying to outguess other traders and HFT algorithms. AAPL has become the bouncing ball in the biggest game in the town of traders. As an investor I'm in for the long term and although trading has greater leverage when you're right, my retirement fund has not much leeway to be wrong.

• Reply 28 of 34
    Quote:

The amount of possible new billion dollar revenue streams with Apple is amazing.

Watch - $50 billion potential

TV - $100 billion potential 

iPad Pro

Car

Enterprise

VR

Its totally crazy how much potential growth Apple can achieve.  Then look at Google.  None of their new ventures look like they will even come to fruition.  Their Car has a chance but Google is not a premium brand so people will expect it to be dirt cheap.  Glass is a fail.  Immortality?  Really?  Hot air balloons.  Ect.  

Your getting wayyyyyyyyyy to ahead of yourself bro.  First off, Watch is selling good, but certainly not great in anyway.  Even Apple knows it could preform better, and it's gonna take a lot of time for the Watch to grow.  If anything, it may just turn out as a one-time experiment.  TV is really quite a mystery bag, but right now, it's getting a lot of hate form the gaming community who know it still can't compete with PS4/Xbone.  I agree with that completely, as I don't see the Apple TV being able to support any games along the lines of Battlefront or GTA 5.  Plus a $149-200 price tag may be hard for a lot of people to swallow down.  I'm perfectly fine with my $69 Apple TV I got a couple months ago and don't need to be spending a hundred more for something I know I won't use that often. iPad Pro can go either way, but I'm gonna have my doubts on it underperforming only because the market it's trying to appeal to hasn't been too successful and is much smaller than the other tablet ranges. The rest of what you mentioned is way to far off into the future, and a car/VR could become either a total hit or a total flop (VR definitely pointing the latter direction).

I definitely agree that I want Apple to grow too as a fellow stock investor, but I think your points are too over-extraggeted.   Apple is not a perfect company no matter what, and so is every other company.  It will never, ahem, "take over the world" no matter how hard some of us think it will.

P.S.  No need to get Google dragged into this bro, their doing just fine on their own.  :P

• Reply 29 of 34
    Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by spheric View Post

Quoted for posterity and revisiting, say, early November?

'tis early November. How did things go for you?

• Reply 30 of 34

'tis early November. How did things go for you?

Well. Why? Pay attention.

• Reply 31 of 34
    Quote:

Well. Why? Pay attention.

I am. I'm waiting for you to explain how the economic collapse happened within the last six weeks, as you predicted.

• Reply 32 of 34

I'm waiting for you to explain how the economic collapse happened within the last six weeks, as you predicted.

Bond yields are in the negative, the Fed still refuses to change rates, global inventories are collapsing, shipping’s down by the most since the last recession. The collapse has already begun.

• Reply 33 of 34
    joshajosha Posts: 901member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SirLance99 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

LOL.  It will be $130 by end of October

$150 by EOY

Haha! No chance at all. It will not be $150

I agree, it will be $170.    :)

But I already have my 4" iPhone.

Mid summer I bought an iPhone 5c on a clear out sale, to replace my still working perfectly iPhone 4 used for 4.5 yrs   ;)