Repost: Is this a bunch of hogwash?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Apologies to Mandricard, but the old thread degenerated into a battle of racial slurs...

anyway.

<a href="http://www.oeyvind.org/board/zboard.php?id=MacOSX&no=111"; target="_blank">http://www.oeyvind.org/board/zboard.php?id=MacOSX&no=111</a>;

(Translation is posted below image)

Noted on Macrumors & MacNN. Sounds plausible, but a little fishy.

Mandricard

AppleOutsider

Discuss... This time, without the racism.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    The largest problem that I see with this post is that Apple already owns a very good PDA OS, so why would they license one from Palm, which by all accounts I have read has inferior handwriting recognition to Apples, when they could update thier own and keep the licensing fees. The only thing they would gain from the Palm OS is the readily available programs, and they would have to compete with all of the other Palm OS companies making hardware sales.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Degenerated? Yes.

Racial Slurs? No.

Apple/Palm OS5 device? Most likely not.

Anything like Kormac described, or any other form of credit to him? NEVER!

How is it a racial slur to bring up the less than stellar history of Japanese Imperialism? Oh that's right I forgot, only Europeans and Britons are racist.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    I think it's hogwash?.

If there's any part of this based on reality, it's that Apple has ordered a bunch of 10GB drives for an updated iPod. No PDA, no Palm OS, no nothing. Just a bigger hard disk.

Though "Two thousand songs in your pocket" isn't quite so catchy...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>Degenerated? Yes.

Racial Slurs? No.

Apple/Palm OS5 device? Most likely not.

Anything like Kormac described, or any other form of credit to him? NEVER!

How is it a racial slur to bring up the less than stellar history of Japanese Imperialism? Oh that's right I forgot, only Europeans and Britons are racist. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Matsu, you're right about Japanese imperialism. But this doesn't have anything to do with Future Hardware.

With regard to the object itself - I have to think this is a case of crossed signals somewhere. What's the market for such a thing?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by ColorClassicG4:

<strong>

With regard to the object itself - I have to think this is a case of crossed signals somewhere. </strong><hr></blockquote>

I didn't catch the old thread, so I don't know if this was mentioned, but with regard to mixed signals.....what if this "iPad" with a 10 gig HD is really an iMovie type device?

Not a PDA, but it will play MP3s and your Quicktime movies. That might be kind of neat.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by Willoughby:

<strong>

I didn't catch the old thread, so I don't know if this was mentioned, but with regard to mixed signals.....what if this "iPad" with a 10 gig HD is really an iMovie type device?

Not a PDA, but it will play MP3s and your Quicktime movies. That might be kind of neat.</strong><hr></blockquote>

kinda what i was thinking. when you think about it, iPod dosent specifically refer to just mp3's, but what about a small pda sized(not same functionality) device that had a color screen but the same simple interface of the ipod that you could use to take imovies, mp3's and iphotos w/ you?? sort of like a portable quicktime player. i think that would be kind of nifty.